Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did he have to punish them in public?
Yes, those players needed this punishment! 6 21.43%
No, this was totally unnecessary! 8 28.57%
Yes, though not in public! 13 46.43%
No, I am against such punishments, be it in public or practice fields 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
Keano
IK Coach

Rep Power: 20Keano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura about
Icon6 Do u approve of Karimi's action?

Just a simple question:

Do you think what Firouz Karimi did to a bunch of his team's players was what exactly needed to be done, or it was rather pretty unethical and Unfair punishment?

IMHO Karimi made a fool out of himself, he literally did this to gain Hardcore EsEs fans' heart, very hypocritical act by a prominent coach!

What's your take on this issue?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:10 AM   #2
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 16footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about
Re: Do u approve of Karimi's action?

Even though I am not at all a F. Karimi fan, I already wrote on another thread the reasons, I think we should stop talking and judging every single action made by our HCs!

Of course, such act of punishment does not look at all professional as this kind of punishment is generally granted during training sessions in lower level teams with younger players who have no idea about the discipline or who need to be disciplined. At such level of the game, it is very surprising that a HC takes such decision against his players and I 100% believe none of Esteghlal players has taken this kind of decision positively. Yes, they were humiliated in front of their supporters and treated as young undisciplined players.

IMO, Mr. Karimi cannot discipline his already confirmed players at this level of the game with "GHOLDORI". This is inapropriate and it will react against his notoriety in future.

I wish I had the opinion of Mr. Ghotbi on this.

Forza Iran
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:53 AM   #3
yavar
Hall of famer

He needs to bring players from Omid.
With these guys right now playing,,,,,, who cares, they do not care for the team or the fans.

Last edited by yavar : 12-15-2007 at 06:21 PM.
yavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 09:03 AM   #4
saravireeka
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 51saravireeka will become famous soon enoughsaravireeka will become famous soon enough

I think Ese hired a clawn.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:11 AM   #5
arvand
IK Defender

Rep Power: 17arvand has a spectacular aura aboutarvand has a spectacular aura about

prepare for the worst. A coach who leaves his team in the middle of the league for more money and fame, can have more surprises in the bank
arvand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:22 PM   #6
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough

He needs to establish himself as the head man and this is how he tried to do it. I remember after a Canucks game (NHL) many years ago when Mike Keenan was the coach after a big Canucks loss, he wouldn't let his players leave the ice and made them stay on the ice and listen to the fans booing them for a good 10 minutes.

I think he made them do drills after that as well.

So don't get too emotional over this and start bashing Karimi because he is Iranian (Iranians like to bash their own). When players get big contracts they think they are all superstars...this brought them down to earth.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:56 PM   #7
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 16footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
He needs to establish himself as the head man and this is how he tried to do it. I remember after a Canucks game (NHL) many years ago when Mike Keenan was the coach after a big Canucks loss, he wouldn't let his players leave the ice and made them stay on the ice and listen to the fans booing them for a good 10 minutes.

I think he made them do drills after that as well.

So don't get too emotional over this and start bashing Karimi because he is Iranian (Iranians like to bash their own). When players get big contracts they think they are all superstars...this brought them down to earth.
Rock jaan, in a team where players are already devided in clans supporting different past or present persons in charge, Mr. Karimi must first concentrate in bringing back the lost unity of the team. Inidividual punishments because of a bad game played by the team IMO accentuates the division of the team.

It is really important for the coach to know when and where to be tough with the group, when and where to be tough with the individuals, when and where to accept the defeat of his team and when and where to refuse such defeat. The sum of the right decision making in all above situations contribute to the notoriety of the coach. The position Mr. Karimi opts against his players in front of Esteghlal fans, aim to demonstrate who is the boss in front of the fans (useless) nothing more, nothing less.

In regard to the drill thing ... sorry if true the whole team must have been there ... not 4 or 5 guys only. Moreover, if Mr. Karimi believes in drills after the game, how it comes that in none of his previous matches in charge as HC, he carried out such drills?

And finally, if we criticise more Iranian coaches, it is not because they are our compatriots but because the Iranian football is the football they are handling and that football matters to us more than any other football.

Forza Iran
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
Babak
Hall of famer

This is the begining of a disaster in Esteghlal.

U see, players like Mansourian and Majidi and Amir Abadi didnt get punished, even though that they were HORRIBLE in this game.

But, Ravankhah who scored and poured his heart out throughout the game gets punished and gets punished PUBLICALLY in front of SS fans at home.

Do you know what kind of 2-DASTEGI and NEFAAGH this act will creat among the team in practice this week?
You think these guys will come to work tommorow and give it 110% in practice?

I think punishments ahve to be handed out PRIVATTELY and with wisdom. U can not HUMILIATE players. They will rebele against you.

Just watch.
Old 12-15-2007, 02:20 PM   #9
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdxb View Post
Rock jaan, in a team where players are already devided in clans supporting different past or present persons in charge, Mr. Karimi must first concentrate in bringing back the lost unity of the team. Inidividual punishments because of a bad game played by the team IMO accentuates the division of the team.

It is really important for the coach to know when and where to be tough with the group, when and where to be tough with the individuals, when and where to accept the defeat of his team and when and where to refuse such defeat. The sum of the right decision making in all above situations contribute to the notoriety of the coach. The position Mr. Karimi opts against his players in front of Esteghlal fans, aim to demonstrate who is the boss in front of the fans (useless) nothing more, nothing less.

In regard to the drill thing ... sorry if true the whole team must have been there ... not 4 or 5 guys only. Moreover, if Mr. Karimi believes in drills after the game, how it comes that in none of his previous matches in charge as HC, he carried out such drills?

And finally, if we criticise more Iranian coaches, it is not because they are our compatriots but because the Iranian football is the football they are handling and that football matters to us more than any other football.

Forza Iran
I understand what you're saying and some it might be true, but there are two things we need to keep in mind. First the coach is new and he is trying to make the players know who the boss is, and this pretty much happens every where. The coach has to be tough.

Also, we have a problem with discipline in our sports. Heck, one of the club players was sleeping during the game (I forget which) and the coach threw the water bottle at him...see how bad it is.

When Ali Karimi went to Germany, it became clear that he is not diciplined enough and that was a complaint against him. So, while the punishment should have been handed to the entire team, the coach made an example out of these guys and in the BIG scheme of things, this is not the most horrible thing that has happened in the entire history of humanity and football. In fact, it is not even that big of a deal. But we like to make it a big a deal becuase we always like to lecture other people.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #10
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 17Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

To be honest, I had a problem with it, though I understood it. I think we live in a much too politically correct society these days.

The Esteghlal players have forgotten themselves and have lost their championship character. I feel dismayed that Talebloo is upset and wants to leave because of this. I would rather have players with the strength to push through and turn it around.

Maybe this is Firooz's test to see for himself who wants it bad enough? Who would humiliate himself for the squad? Who is putting the team above themself?

I wouldn't say it's a practice that other coaches should start copying, nevertheless I wouldn't deny that in extreme situations extreme innovations are usually needed.