Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Coach's Corner
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2006, 11:58 AM   #1
Jashar

Rep Power: 60Jashar has a spectacular aura aboutJashar has a spectacular aura about
THE HUNDRED FLOWERS-Campaign !!!

Quite a few members have expressed dissatisfaction with the direction IK’s heading in. It’s not uncommon to hear “IK isn’t what it used to be”, even from members who’ve been here only for a few months. Add to that the many senior members who’ve gone into hibernation. We’ve been wondering why this is, and how can we fix it.

Hence my idea to hold an open discussion among members and staff. Perhaps we’ll find members who are willing to give up some of their time to help IK. So, put forth your suggestions. This is your chance to criticize and question the authorities. Begid az joone maa chi mikhaayd.

If you’re wondering about the title on this campaign, here’s the story:
During a Communist Politburo Conference in 1956, a high official of the CP, Zhou Enlai, emphasized the need for a big campaign, aimed this time at the whole sea of intellectuals within the country, for these individuals to speak out about the policies of the government, in theory allowing better governance. China’s communist revolution leader Mao Tse Tung initially had supported the idea.

"The government needs criticism from its people," Zhou said in one of his 1956 speeches, "Without this criticism the government will not be able to function as the 'People's Democratic Dictatorship'. Thus the basis of a healthy government lost... We must learn from old mistakes, take all forms of healthy criticism, and do what we can to answer these criticisms."

"Let a hundred flowers bloom; let a hundred schools of thought contend." Mao had used this to signal what he had wanted from the intellectuals of the country.

So dear members, LET A HUNDRED OF FLOWERS BLOOM.....!!!!

with thanks to comrade Cia who helped me with this!

=D

Last edited by Jashar : 10-01-2006 at 12:07 PM.
Jashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
Exoma
IK Captain

Rep Power: 18Exoma has a spectacular aura aboutExoma has a spectacular aura about
Re: THE HUNDRED FLOWERS-Campaign !!!

Hmm..communist party of Irankicks...

......do we get free Koobideh?
Old 10-01-2006, 02:26 PM   #3
Ardavan
IK Spectator

mmmmmmmmmm... koobideh
Old 10-01-2006, 02:48 PM   #4
irani soccer
IK Water boy

Good topic you made.

I think it has to do with the influx of 14 -16 year olds during WC time.

A lot of useless topics and useless smalltalk was made that didnt need to be there.
irani soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:10 PM   #5
Tala
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 14Tala will become famous soon enoughTala will become famous soon enough

Jashar jaan, good idea

There are a few things bugging me but two comments immediately brought something to mind. This thread is here for us to suggest what we can do to change the quality of IK and we find ourselves talking about koobideh.
Both Exoma and Ardavan know me well, one better than the other, and know that I have nothing against either. It still gets me sorta annoyed to find that the best some members come up with in such a thread is "Mmmmmm Koobideh". Guess what I'm trying to say is, we need to have some ON-TOPIC, NON-ONE-LINER posts. What has this discussion gained from the above posts(Except Irani Soccer's)? You know what I mean by now and I hope that Exoma and Ardavan do not get offended or anything by this, I wouldn't, because when people point out your mistakes, you must strive to fix them. I will stop here and let the two decide for themselves how they want to react to my above suggestion. Cheers

I pretty much gave you another idea in my other thread in the Complaints forum.

I think that I probably shouldn't meddle in such issues and leave such things up to the members who were around during "The Good Times", if you will, so I won't say much more. Just that I know there are many instances where people can point out that I have done such a thing, but nobody's perfect In fact, I'd like it if people can point out my mistakes

Irani Soccer jaan, age does not necessarily show the level of someone's maturity or, in this case, post quality

LET A HUNDRED FLOWERS BLOOM on...
Old 10-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #6
highflyerreborn
IK Head Coach

Rep Power: 21highflyerreborn will become famous soon enoughhighflyerreborn will become famous soon enough

So you are suggesting I do gardening ?
Old 10-01-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
Ardavan
IK Spectator

tala you should be a mod..

and sorry for the one liners, im used to other forums that allow one liners in off topic which i mainly post in. ill try to beat the habit and start posting 2 liners
Old 10-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #8
Exoma
IK Captain

Rep Power: 18Exoma has a spectacular aura aboutExoma has a spectacular aura about

I suggest people stop overreacting with such frivilous things. But that's just me.

Just live life, man. No need to get upset over the most frivilous things like someone from another country posting one line in a message board.

I say this all with the most respect to all IK members.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:18 PM   #9
NASA
IK Benchwarmer

Jashar if u and half the moderators leave IK and senior people like me, mashsaeed, and Dr Buffalo take over IK will return back to its glory days.....

if u want to be of any help, i strongly suggest u leave IK and not show your name until we call upon you and forgive you!
NASA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #10
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 15footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Jashar jan, that is very wise of you to launch such initiative. I am not an old member (definitely a faithful one) in this site but after what I have seen and read so far, I suggest the following points:

. Please allow all kind of topics including Politics and Religion in "Coach's Corner". IT is healthy. By reading clear political and religious thoughts of members, we have a more clear idea about who and how these members are. The knowledge of other people's beliefs will moderate us automatically in our ways of thinking, considering we are fair people! I suggest, instead of doing your job of moderator when members have a decent political discussion based on the no politics no religions talk in this forum, do it when necessary in threads which go crazy! Freedom must be given, the abuse of freedom must be strictly rejected!

. Please allow members to give only positive reps on other members comments. The negative reps should be given by Mods (fair football experts) only, they should be fully justified and named! The rep. force must be valued in some other ways than a green card or red card presentation. THis is important that members understand the importance of the RESPECT in their language/writing whatsoever the ideas they are defending.
I suggest neg rep = ban for a week in IK forum

. Usage of "bad language" must be reflected in IK members titles too. For example "IK Hooligan" which is a lower rank than the IK visitor, immediately after usage of 3 usage of bad language. This will be applied to all members regardless the number of years and number of posts sent to IK.

. Usage of stars or footballs (Irankicks daa!) by mods for qualifying their impression of the quality of every single starting threads (like for qualifying hotels for example) after reading them. I believe mods are chosen on fair basis for rating a thread supported by some expertise in knowledge of football. Therefore, their rating (number of footballs from 1 to 5) already shows everyone what is the quality of the thread as seen by the mod. It also pushes those who start threads to go for more quality in their writings and to release finer quality threads everytime they start a thread.

. Active participation of the mods in discussions! I am amazed how inactive some mods are in general terms of IK members.

. I am not sure about the past incidents in this forum but I have a strong feeling that many respected members are not anymore active in this forum for some reasons which are not appearing to regular members like me. I found in the past that some "real expert" names were active in this forum on regular basis and they were/are all still appreciated and respected whenever participating. IMHO, It is always healthy to have some opinions from people who are involved with football in other levels than the levels we, in general, are involved. We always see the beautiful side of football, they see the real sides! Anyway, I think the no participation of some mature and approved people like nader jan, kaveh jan, afshin jan, amir jan, vahid jan, and ... can be solved only by the management active decision and desire to improve the quality of the site. I believe, if I give my opinion as a regular member of IK, there will always be a dispute (fair or not) against my opinion but in some cases the fair opinion of some experts (I do not mean a moderating force but an OPENING EYES force) may open our minds to some aspects which are not usually easily accepted by us.

I hope I gave you some valid points to work on and I have also to thank you Jashar jan, for your real concern in directing some efforts for improving the quality of this site.

Forza Iran forever in our hearts
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote