Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Coach's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-29-2017, 03:21 AM   #11
Cia

Rep Power: 23Cia has a spectacular aura aboutCia has a spectacular aura about
Re: What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009?

This is proving a lot harder that I thought. What the hell have I been doing for the past however many years...

2009: Gradually stopped following Iranian football. Stopped following Iranian politics too. Decided that they both just lead to frustration and heartbreaks. Took up learning setar instead, off and on.

2014: Traveled to the US, Europe, and UAE and met a few of the IK friends - what a blast that was. Was with Jashar in Cologne when Germany won the Cup. Met Pouya in Stockholm. Also met Tala and ConCon. Amazing year. Reunion in Russia, anyone?

2015: Asian Cup - Went to a few of Iran's games. Was there in the stadium when we got knocked out.

2016: Graduated with a bachelor of laws - finally.

2017: Became a dad - ten weeks ago actually. Enrolled in uni again, for a grad dip of legal practice.

I sometimes think about how IK and our discussions here have shaped our lives. For me, I think the debates here definitely motivated me get into law. Years of posting things and arguing certainly helped me practice my writing and structuring arguments.
Cia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2017, 03:51 AM   #12
dariush-44
Hall of famer

congrats Cia with the newborn. Exciting times!

When will you be done with your grad school - clearly you have other priorities to take care of now as a dad, maybe school is lower in that list. Good luck.
dariush-44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 AM   #13
Jashar

Rep Power: 60Jashar has a spectacular aura aboutJashar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariush-44 View Post
From an online perspective, I kept up with Irooni football but rarely on message boards. I followed on social media & news outlets. I was also writing for a new Iranian journal called IranFootballOnline and helped them with graphic design for setting up their site. It was a long wait, before I could feel passionate about Irooni football but 2014 was the spark and I participated in the PFDC WC'14 prediction pool where I was in the lead (out of 130 participants) all tournament long until the last day where someone overtook #1 with just 2 points and I finished second, earning myself a nice Team Melli jersey which was so small for me that I sold it online.

I was connected with Pooya and Jashar on Facebook. Great pals as I remember. I bothered Pooya in my teenage years on MSN frequently asking for advice about work-life balance in EU, major to study, etc.

2009-2013
In '09 I went off to college in what was at the time ranked the happiest place in America (SLO, California). This was also the 1st town, I lived in when I migrated to the US from Iran, so it was all too familiar. But the experience was completely different this time as a college-animal. After switching from CS to Finance, I finally graduated in '13.

2013-2015
Packed my bags for the city with what was at the time my GF of 2 years & we got a place together in San Francisco. We were just co-habiting more than 'building a meaningful relationship'. I moved to a place of my own 1.5 years in.

2014-2017
I've traveled a lot for work and rarely home. In that same time, I was offered a job in Stockholm and later Amsterdam with my current consulting gig. I did not accept the offers and chose to be stay close to family in California. However, I am getting adventurous and itching for a new city to call home.
Wow, thank you for sharing! I‘m sure Pouya will take care of you in Stockholm! 😉

=D
Jashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 05:37 PM   #14
Pouya82

Rep Power: 24Pouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the rough

Well I have been working, then going to the gym. Meeting a new babe, moving in with her.

I had just started Working at Microsoft I think when IK got closed down.
Worked there for almost 2 years, then moved on to work as a consultant with MS products.

Have met up with Jashar a couple of times since IK got shut down. We've been to a bundesliga game together and also a German Hockey league game

Me and Jashar have talked about IK many times and both have occasionally re-visited the site to see the status.

Just 2-3 weeks ago I bought some new computer hardware and built me one bad *** gaming rig. Have not played much games since 2013, but feel that I need it. Kill off some monsters to ease the stress from work *HAHA*

And since I met my new partner I've been traveling like a crazy person.
New York two weeks ago, then China 2-3 weeks before that and Croatia 2-3 weeks before that and during the Summer I visited Vancouver and Canada.

Now if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to fill in the blanks
Old 11-29-2017, 06:03 PM   #15
Jashar

Rep Power: 60Jashar has a spectacular aura aboutJashar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
=Pouya82;480929

Now if you have any questions, feel free to ask and I will try to fill in the blanks
Why are u such a Jiiiiiiiiiigar?

=D
Jashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:19 PM   #16
Pouya82

Rep Power: 24Pouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashar View Post
Why are u such a Jiiiiiiiiiigar?
I had a German Weissbier and then everything went jigar from there :P
Old 11-29-2017, 09:29 PM   #17
dariush-44
Hall of famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jashar View Post
Wow, thank you for sharing! I‘m sure Pouya will take care of you in Stockholm! 😉
Pouya is got more important things to take care of based on his reply above. I would however, like to make a trip somewhere & meeting up for at least a drink in Stockholm or Cologne sounds equally good - of course, you are welcome to sunny California any time! So far, seeing your crazy hipster life vicariously through IG gives me great laughs.
dariush-44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 04:37 AM   #18
Pouya82

Quote:
Pouya is got more important things to take care of based on his reply above. I would however, like to make a trip somewhere & meeting up for at least a drink in Stockholm or Cologne sounds equally good - of course, you are welcome to sunny California any time! So far, seeing your crazy hipster life vicariously through IG gives me great laughs.
Haha, I have lots of time for you
And Mister Hipster is just "jav gir" in Europes Gay Capital!
Old 11-30-2017, 06:18 AM   #19
Cia

Rep Power: 23Cia has a spectacular aura aboutCia has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
congrats Cia with the newborn. Exciting times!

When will you be done with your grad school - clearly you have other priorities to take care of now as a dad, maybe school is lower in that list. Good luck.
Cheers mate The timing will be difficult, but necessary. It's a six month program which in Australia is a prerequisite on top of your law degree if you want to practice.

The parenting situation is quite messy, and I'd like to have some family law experience up my sleeve because that's what it'll come to It's one area of law that I avoided completely while going through uni, stupidly Oh how we've all grown up over the last eight years 😁

Last edited by Cia : 11-30-2017 at 06:21 AM.
Cia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 07:54 PM   #20
bsedighi
IK Goal Keeper

My dear IK friends,

When i received an email from dear Jasher i could not believed that IK
is back and most importantly i would have a chance once again to enjoy
Reading and exchanging with all of you whom had become part of my life.
I am much much older than everyone here, but friendship is not about
Age, but understanding and enjoying exchanges without
Conditions. Not certain if you guys remember me, but i was not only
Heavily into football, but would write about socio economical as well as political issues in our beloved home. I used to have heated debates with friends such as “Oldman”, Afshin and orhers . But, also remember exchanges with Shemruni, Cia, Tabrizi, Nader Kaiser, Jasher and others (forgive me if i dont remeber all) about football in general and TM specifically. I realize, the hope is to keep our discussions to football, hence that is fine. Most important reason i am here is to just have a chance to talk with old friends. Regards Behrouz

Last edited by bsedighi : 12-01-2017 at 08:31 PM.
bsedighi is offline   Reply With Quote