Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > In-Depth football discussions
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #11
Fahd
IK Water boy

Re: ALI DAEI speaks up: "The technical staff led to Team Melli's downfall"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cia
Neither GN nor Branko had too much coaching experience either, and you saw just how SERIOUSLY they were taken. This is Iran we're taking about...

Cia. You know about the 'Crawford report'?

It was the report that was made by the OZ government into the failings of the OZ FA. Iran needs one of these but the problem is the FA and the government are one and the same and wont critisize itself. Even it tried i think they are too far gone to be able to do it competently.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crawford_Report

*Edit to add link.

Last edited by Fahd : 07-28-2007 at 11:20 PM.
Fahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2007, 12:56 AM   #12
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 15footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Amir
You can watch the interview by clicking on the link below:

http://iranfootballonline.com/forums...ead.php?t=2742

Here are ALI DAEI's statements:

- Despite having a lot of good players, Team Melli couldn't achieve the results everyone expected in the Asian Cup. Thats because the technical staff didn't have the same standard as our footballers.

- Our football was hit by two major disasters in one year: 1- Disqualification of Esteghlal from the Asian Champions League.
2- Early exit from the Asian Cup
I hope that in future we'll prevent such scenarios by picking the best options for our national team.

- Our technical staff was never prepared for such hard times. When you are at the top, you should always plan for the future. Team Melli's staff did some very controversial interviews before the Asian Cup, hammering all those peole who pointed out our side's problems.

- Team Melli's technical staff had a very wrong component. One coach from the new generation (referring to Ghalenoei), another one from some 30 years ago (talking about Ebrahimi).
The perspective a coach from some 30 years ago has on football can never be compared to the way of thinking by a trainer from the new era.
This lack of harmony between Team Melli's coaches led to the downfall of our boys.

- Iran missed a great opportunity to reach the Asian Cup final after a long time and even win the tournament.
The best proof of this is the fact that just a few weeks ago our B team defeated almost the same Iraq side that has reached the last act of the 2007 Asian Cup.

- I will not accept to coach Iran's national team.
My attention is focused on Saipa, a side I want to prepare very well for the new season.
I certainly agree to some extent with what Ali Daei expressed in the interview but I have also to add some comments (eventhough it is very difficult to comment a bit critically on one of my top Iranian football heroes):

. The fact that TM players and Technical staff were not at the same level was obvious but we should not confuse the facts that Mr. Ghalenoei and his coaching team were trying to do their best and failed AND the fact that the Iranian Football Federation did the wrong decision by appointing Mr. Ghalenoei as the HC of our TM. I think Mr. Ali Daei should have been more precise and critical by saying that IFF needs to get organised in future and avoid us a last minute appointment in such important position, even on temprary basis.

. "Our technical staff was never prepared for such hard times. When you are at the top, you should always plan for the future. Team Melli's staff did some very controversial interviews before the Asian Cup, hammering all those peole who pointed out our side's problems."
I think it is very IRONIC of Mr. Ali Daei to say such thing just immediately after saying that we had good players in our team. I am sure and certain that if he was our HC before the AC, he, rightly as the HC, would never have taken any s..t from anybody in public and he would have rightly asked for some trust and support from fans, experts, media and so on in order to carrying out his job in peace just before the AC. Moreover, I think, he should have been more understanding towards Mr. Ghalenoei's present situation, considering the total mess he went through after the world cup. Right?

. In regard to the wrong composition of the TM coaching staff, I think Mr. Ali Daei would be the first to say that there is only one Boss in the TM coaching staff (or any team in general) and that would be the HC. Now, if you have different point of views with you older colleague, it would only make you think more about the positive you can obtain from your different visions. At the end of the day, it is HC who will decide and others will shut up!

All above said, I think Mr. Ghalenoei was the wrong person to take over our team after the world cup. Considering our less than miserable IFF organisation, specially in regard to the preparation of AC, Mr. Ghalenoei was the only solution available to our in-competent persons in charge.

I think Mr. Ali Daei, as a person who experienced miserable situations in our football due to the lack of competence of IFF, of course for different reasons than Mr. Ghalenoei, forgot to precise that our football organisation needs to become PROFESSIONALLY COMPETENT immediately before blaming its components for being in-competent. with all due respect.

Forza Iran Forza Ali Daei Forza Saipa in ACL
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:05 AM   #13
HuseinBaharian
IK Water boy

Rep Power: 0HuseinBaharian is an unknown quantity at this point

Daei SHEEREH..................

IFF reed!!!

We are one heck of a lucky nation to have an asset STAR like Daei in our football sky................

Daei for President!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HuseinBaharian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:11 AM   #14
mehran1848
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 17mehran1848 will become famous soon enoughmehran1848 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdxb
we should not confuse the facts that Mr. Ghalenoei and his coaching team were trying to do their best and failed AND the fact that the Iranian Football Federation did the wrong decision by appointing Mr. Ghalenoei as the HC of our TM. At the end of the day, it is HC who will decide and others will shut up!
I have no doubt about the fact that GN & his coaching team did their best. But they did their best in taking obviously wrong decision, gambling in a situation and playing their cards very wrong. they had all the support from all aspects of society, and carry the blessing of all the TM lovers, until they miserably failed.

GN had control over even the most tiny details Surrounding TM.

for example, during a practice session, he even asked the crowd to shut up and let him/players concentrate on their practice. something which offended many fans at the stands, but they contained themselves for the sake of GN & TM.
(see pictures below):

GN asking the Herasat(security) guy to tell the crowd stop cheering the players:

The security guy talking to the crowd, relaying GN's message

crowd shutting up and just watching !!

Now tell me is it too much to ask GN & Co now to accept his mistakes?
He reluctantly apologized , but has not accepted a single mistake out of chains of errors and wrong decisions that they have made throughout his tenor, and taking all the TM fans for a ride by not admitting his mistakes!!
mehran1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 05:39 AM   #15
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdxb
I certainly agree to some extent with what Ali Daei expressed in the interview but I have also to add some comments (eventhough it is very difficult to comment a bit critically on one of my top Iranian football heroes):

. The fact that TM players and Technical staff were not at the same level was obvious but we should not confuse the facts that Mr. Ghalenoei and his coaching team were trying to do their best and failed AND the fact that the Iranian Football Federation did the wrong decision by appointing Mr. Ghalenoei as the HC of our TM. I think Mr. Ali Daei should have been more precise and critical by saying that IFF needs to get organised in future and avoid us a last minute appointment in such important position, even on temprary basis.

. "Our technical staff was never prepared for such hard times. When you are at the top, you should always plan for the future. Team Melli's staff did some very controversial interviews before the Asian Cup, hammering all those peole who pointed out our side's problems."
I think it is very IRONIC of Mr. Ali Daei to say such thing just immediately after saying that we had good players in our team. I am sure and certain that if he was our HC before the AC, he, rightly as the HC, would never have taken any s..t from anybody in public and he would have rightly asked for some trust and support from fans, experts, media and so on in order to carrying out his job in peace just before the AC. Moreover, I think, he should have been more understanding towards Mr. Ghalenoei's present situation, considering the total mess he went through after the world cup. Right?

. In regard to the wrong composition of the TM coaching staff, I think Mr. Ali Daei would be the first to say that there is only one Boss in the TM coaching staff (or any team in general) and that would be the HC. Now, if you have different point of views with you older colleague, it would only make you think more about the positive you can obtain from your different visions. At the end of the day, it is HC who will decide and others will shut up!

All above said, I think Mr. Ghalenoei was the wrong person to take over our team after the world cup. Considering our less than miserable IFF organisation, specially in regard to the preparation of AC, Mr. Ghalenoei was the only solution available to our in-competent persons in charge.

I think Mr. Ali Daei, as a person who experienced miserable situations in our football due to the lack of competence of IFF, of course for different reasons than Mr. Ghalenoei, forgot to precise that our football organisation needs to become PROFESSIONALLY COMPETENT immediately before blaming its components for being in-competent. with all due respect.

Forza Iran Forza Ali Daei Forza Saipa in ACL
Great point, great post. Unfortunately, Daei here starts on a correct point but obviously makes it a deeper argument as he shows he is entangled with his own agenda against GN. Esteghlal is/was never Daei's business and the situation surrounding that is far from black and white, yet Daei takes his pot shot.

Whilst I think Daei has the power in our country to make a change for the positive, he will always regard himself as the prime man to do so. That's the flaw in the man.

Anyway, as for Daei being TM coach, I hope that doesn't happen for a long time. I shudder to think what would become of a team where half the players, the senior ones especially, have a problem with him.
Old 07-29-2007, 05:41 AM   #16
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Mehran jan, my uncle was at the hotel and most the training camps, constantly with the team. By his report, and his many talks with GN, the herasat guys were not his idea and forced on the team. GN had no choice, it was inflicted on him by higher powers, he could not even get permission for the players to leave the hotel.
Old 07-29-2007, 08:17 AM   #17
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 15footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehran1848
I have no doubt about the fact that GN & his coaching team did their best. But they did their best in taking obviously wrong decision, gambling in a situation and playing their cards very wrong. they had all the support from all aspects of society, and carry the blessing of all the TM lovers, until they miserably failed.

GN had control over even the most tiny details Surrounding TM.

for example, during a practice session, he even asked the crowd to shut up and let him/players concentrate on their practice. something which offended many fans at the stands, but they contained themselves for the sake of GN & TM.
(see pictures below):

GN asking the Herasat(security) guy to tell the crowd stop cheering the players:

The security guy talking to the crowd, relaying GN's message

crowd shutting up and just watching !!

Now tell me is it too much to ask GN & Co now to accept his mistakes?
He reluctantly apologized , but has not accepted a single mistake out of chains of errors and wrong decisions that they have made throughout his tenor, and taking all the TM fans for a ride by not admitting his mistakes!!
Mehran jaan, I think in your post you have mistakenly copied/pasted two elements of different discussed subjects and made a whole paragraph which even I have pain in supporting.

Please let me clarify as follows:

1. The fact of apologizing and being humble are two things which we all, Iranian TM fans, have been expecting from him as a defeated coach. GN trying to defend himself for his obvious mistakes, as I said before, sounds just like digging his own grave.

2. GN did his best up to his understanding of the game. Well, it was not enough. Do we want to blame him? If it helps, lets do it but what have we been expecting realistically from him? DO YOU REALLY EXPECT THE BEST TAXI DRIVER IN TEHRAN TO SUCCEED IN A RALLY FOR THE FIRST TIME? Who did judge him apt for the job? What were the criterias for giving him the full command? I think these are the questions we must ask and debate for improving the situation.

3. The HC is the one who is responsible for making sure that the team will perform up to the expected level. Nobody in modern football would discuss this fact. Therefore, during the competition, he is the only king of the squad deciding about his team's line up and tactics. Others, even those close advisors, HAVE TO SHUT UP WHEN IT COMES TO THE FINAL DECISION MAKING.

4. I think we still keep on talking about SOMEONE which should not be named in our today's football when talking about TM's future. with regards.

Forza Iran
Old 07-29-2007, 08:40 AM   #18
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
Great point, great post. Unfortunately, Daei here starts on a correct point but obviously makes it a deeper argument as he shows he is entangled with his own agenda against GN. Esteghlal is/was never Daei's business and the situation surrounding that is far from black and white, yet Daei takes his pot shot.

Whilst I think Daei has the power in our country to make a change for the positive, he will always regard himself as the prime man to do so. That's the flaw in the man.

Anyway, as for Daei being TM coach, I hope that doesn't happen for a long time. I shudder to think what would become of a team where half the players, the senior ones especially, have a problem with him.
Kaz jaan, Ali Daei is not the only person who has some power in our country. There are many of them who could do something for our football in Iran. Is it a dreamy suggestion that we could see one day, all these opposing people with some notoriety in our football, to sit around a table and to discuss with open heart for the best of Iranian football ... away from their personal problems against each other?

At some point, sometimes, we completely forget that we are talking about a sport and sportsmen here . . . We are not asking George and Osama to come over some kind of impossible solution and give up on their ideologies, we are just asking some power poles in our football to show people they really care about their beloved sports more than their EGO. Ghorbaanat.

Forza Iran
Old 07-29-2007, 08:42 AM   #19
saravireeka
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 51saravireeka will become famous soon enoughsaravireeka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz

As usuall baseless and defaeh kor koraneh az ayatollah Haj Agha General GN.
Is every football fans business what happen to ESE regardless of what team we are cheering.
What GN did to our TM is continuetion of what happen to ESE, this man is not capable of leading any team, did you read the Kaabi's interview or you are going to tell us that is soap apera or Sepp Blater the head of FIFA came to AFC to get 120 pages of GN wonderful plan to teach other countries how to plan.
Daei will not be TM coach, he is much smarter thatn the moron whi is the head of TM. Yes, may be some senior may have problem with Daei but problem is our future players, they young players have problem with GN.
The only smart thing GN did, said he take the blame, he knew, if he talk about of the senior player, every senior player tear him a part. On that case even his Bloved hezbollah brothers can not keep him in that position.
Old 07-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #20
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by saravireeka
As usuall baseless and defaeh kor koraneh az ayatollah Haj Agha General GN.
Is every football fans business what happen to ESE regardless of what team we are cheering.
What GN did to our TM is continuetion of what happen to ESE, this man is not capable of leading any team, did you read the Kaabi's interview or you are going to tell us that is soap apera or Sepp Blater the head of FIFA came to AFC to get 120 pages of GN wonderful plan to teach other countries how to plan.
Daei will not be TM coach, he is much smarter thatn the moron whi is the head of TM. Yes, may be some senior may have problem with Daei but problem is our future players, they young players have problem with GN.
The only smart thing GN did, said he take the blame, he knew, if he talk about of the senior player, every senior player tear him a part. On that case even his Bloved hezbollah brothers can not keep him in that position.
GN being the sports director has nothing to do with coaching a team. Sorry, that was a pot-shot by Daei.

It's like GN replying and saying: "well of course this man (Daei) does not know his limits (in reference to something else), he held TM hostage till he was 37. "

That's an obvious pot-shot. Don't even try to not understand that.

Add: I hope Daei is not the TM coach for at least the next 5 years. Most of the team - the senior players - have a problem with Daei. I'd rather keep Kia and co. and wait till Daei either learns to be humble or till they retire.

Last edited by Kaz : 07-29-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote