Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > In-Depth football discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-01-2006, 03:33 PM   #1
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 21PersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enoughPersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enough
Iran vs. Costa Rica PROS AND CONS

Okay lets start with the PROS...

- Karimi is awesome, he had a great match, from beginning and especially in first half he was everywhere, passing from defense line, from midfield line, supporting strikers... dribbling when he needed to, giving great passes, etc.... his goal was sheer brilliance, one great touch and a wise shot.... mashallah ali karimi

- Daei was better than usual, scored a easy goal but with great positioning, and set up hashemian's tap-in with a powerful shot... he also had some good passes, headers and overall decent match from our captain who had been somewhat shaky in recent matches

Iranian midfield was great in first half.... although Nekounam was not so good and if he does not return to his old form maybe will not have his SURE starting spot in national team... however Karimi, Zandi, Kaabi and Teymourian were all great in fighting for ball in midfield and not letting costa ricans orchestrate any attacks.... the key to our success in first half and back to back goals, was JANGANDEGI (fighting) in midfield and not letting them pass more than 2-3 times before one of our players took the ball...

Now to the controversial topic of Sattar Zareh... i believe he was good in defensive situations, his only problem was in attack... and that is not his fault that he is not a lefty.... whenever he used his right leg to cross, his crosses were perfect and on top of a forwards heads, but when he used his left.... they were horrible!

CONS: nosrati was not too great in defense.... mirzapour had a couple shaky situations where he did not come out at right time.... Hashemian was not too great in 2nd half... same with daei.... substitutes failed to make any lasting impression
Sponsored Links
Old 03-01-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Shahe Abee
NCA

Re: Iran vs. Costa Rica PROS AND CONS

PPlaya thanks for that roundup. I agree with pretty much all you said. And I beleive there is one big PRO that might seem unusual. The PRO is that we can once again see how bad our defence has become. Now I didnt see the whole game so take my comments with a grain of salt maybe I missed something, but I do think there is a common theme and lesson here.

We can say that the defence player decent for the whole game. But if you look at the two goals that Costa Rica scored on us, they were pretty much our major mistakes. The first one I we had one player come on top of the ball and not get it letting it go threw as a cross to the Costa Rican player who made an easy pass to shoot the ball and score. And then on the corner Daei couldnt help his guy that was a large amount shorter then him from heading the ball. Now I think some might think these mistakes are small ones and can be let go, but when we go to the WC big time teams will capatalize on all of these mistakes and beat us big time. We have to fix our defensive system, and I beleive its more the system not the players.
Old 03-02-2006, 12:30 AM   #3
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 21PersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enoughPersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enough

yea it is a warning sign to open our eyes about our defensive problems... I think Zareh was decent in manmarking and defense.... although his attacking was horrible.... Kaabi was pretty good in RB.... GOlmo was good but got injured, Alavi looked nervous in the role replacing golmo... also Nosrati was Nosrati, not to great, but like mehran molkara said much more comfortable than when he played LB (zare position)..... i think our defense will improve however with the addition of Rahman.... that way nobody unreliable llike Nosrati in a VITAL position like CB
Old 03-02-2006, 11:32 PM   #4
Ahmad18s
IK Forward

Rep Power: 17Ahmad18s will become famous soon enoughAhmad18s will become famous soon enough

Great analyses Persianplaya. The subs didn't do anything when they came in the game, which was a great dissapointment, and Hashemian didn't do so good in the 2nd half. A little dissapointed that Borhani wasn't even on the bench for the game. Or at least I don't think he was there. I also think our defense broke down a lot in the second half. Costa Rica was getting by us a lot easier then they did in the first half. I guess we need to work on our conditioning.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:32 AM   #5
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

i think i saw borhani ahmad jan, i may be mistaken with the photos of the training i saw on IK, but i think i saw him,

your points are correct though... hopefully our defensive issues will be solved with addition of Rahman.... and maybe Madanchi can start to play Left back instead of Zareh, althoguh im not sure if introducing an attacking play like madanchi to the left would be wise as we often had problems keeping kaabi back on the right side in his earlier days when he was used to attacking as well...``
Old 03-07-2006, 01:26 PM   #6
Ahmad18s
IK Forward

Rep Power: 17Ahmad18s will become famous soon enoughAhmad18s will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianPlaya408
i think i saw borhani ahmad jan, i may be mistaken with the photos of the training i saw on IK, but i think i saw him,

your points are correct though... hopefully our defensive issues will be solved with addition of Rahman.... and maybe Madanchi can start to play Left back instead of Zareh, althoguh im not sure if introducing an attacking play like madanchi to the left would be wise as we often had problems keeping kaabi back on the right side in his earlier days when he was used to attacking as well...``
Well, if Borhani was there at the game (on the bench), then I must have missed him. Also, I think it would be better if Zareh is kept in the lineup to compliment, and help out Kaabi's playing style. Imagine if all our defenders are also attackers? Then people would start blaming Mirza for the goals scored, and we'll see the best Iranian goalie kick everyone's a$$.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:21 AM   #7
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

i know what your saying ahmad jan...

personally i think picking a team melli lineup is very hard... but i would change it up for each match of world cup... all i know is i hope we have a better option than Zareh against Portugal, because Christiano Ronaldo may be all style and no cigar, btu he will dance around zareh