Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > In-Depth football discussions
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #11
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 21PersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enoughPersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enough
Re: Let's discuss Iran-Taipei

Good post kaiser

i have been stressing for a while how Madanchi should be our option in the left side!... he is better than Nikbakht, i have been following this player since his days in Fajr and OMid team....

I think zareh is a hardworker, but not the best solution in left back....

about todays game:

i agree about Teymourian and Jabbari in midfield... although I am a big HAMED Kavianpour fan as you know, i now agree that Hamed has no place in national team, teymourian and jabbari are just younger and better suited for our future at this point... although IMO hamed is still the heart of perspolis

I think Madanchi, Kazemian, Teymourian and Jabbari should definetely be included in our national team.... Siavash Akbarpour perhaps deserves another chance... Khatibi did not do well at all... and i have always said that he is not good for tm.... i was a bit dissapointed to see Nosrati play so much, although i thought he did okay, i wanted to see what esteghlals defender Sadeghi could do in national team.... but i guess Nosrati was just needed for the nonexistent taipei attack

anyhow... daei wasnt great, but he wasnt bad either, scored and gave some good passes, i liked his assist to madanchi...

again.. if anybody watched Perspolis's match against Bargh last week... Pejman Noori had a great game, and filled in great in central midfield, a real fighter and jangandeh as we say, great defensive midfield, i think he can be a good backup for Nekounam (who wasnt good)... Noori is much better than Alavi who was bad today too
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2006, 12:55 AM   #12
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 21PersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enoughPersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enough

after watching match aGAIN... in alesafars rerun

i realize KHatibi had a great first half, and a decent match all around... he just needs to work more on final touches.... but all-in-all, this is perhaps the best i have seen khatibi in national team
Old 02-23-2006, 04:27 AM   #13
fakhfour
IK Goal Keeper

Thank you all for your great posts. That's what I call discussing...
About many points, I agree with Amir. About Khatibi, however, I think he moved a lot and was good, but not on his final touches. He was Daei x (-1). Daei didn't touch the ball more than 15 times, but was good with his final touches. I asked some of my friends to count the number of his ball-touches
Sina mentioned the number of our fouls, which was higher than Taipei's. I can not explain that. It's a very important point.
To finish, I would say we could have taken the risk to put Borhani in and keep Daei on the bench.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:03 AM   #14
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

My $0.02

The key idea we have to apply to everything we say here is relativity. With that, the true meaning of this match will be deciphered.

As we all know, Chinese Taipei are a poor team. Did you know they're ranked 157th in the world? In fact the MALDIVES are better than this team. So in all, this is the kind of team Iran should beat 8-10 to nil. However, we played with 6 of our regular starters, so half the team was absent. The half that were there didn't really need to be, which raises the question as to why, if any experience was there to be had...was it not given to the newly invited player. One being Sadeghi. So when reflecting on the match, 4-0 is a par score.

Let's look at the players keeping in mind they were playing Chinese Taipei:

Talebloo: Had relatively nothing to do all game, but managed to look confident if nothing else.

Golmohammadi: Solid, swept up the rare CT attacks.

Nosrati: Ventured forward a few times, the only thing I viewed for improvement is his rather messy tackles. Which at times we've all seen him give away penalties. I hope this is noticed by Mohammad.

Kaebi: I was impressed by Hossein. He looks much more confident and under control. Ventured forward when he needed to (which wasn't a lot) and did not give away the ball as he tends to in bigger matches.

Zareh: Well, what can I say? Another poor performance. Why is this player even invited to TM? It is a spit to he face of every deserving player in the league to have to watch this man play 90 minutes. He slows the game down too much. Not only is he physically unable, he is technically unable as well. When crossing from the left side, he needs to go to his right-foot and cross the ball in (which he didn't do well at all) and this gives the opposition defense that 2-3 seconds extra to adjust and await the cross. This is unacceptable, and will be dealt with easily in the world cup.

Teymourian: A solid player. A smart player. A player Iran can trust to hold the ball and to make something of it. He is in the few youngsters that will be important to this team, as our midfield (current selections) aren't on form and/or reliable.

Alavi: A superfluous and lazy inclusion. When a team like Chinese Taipei barely attacks or poses a threat, it makes you wonder to the lord above why Branko is playing TWO DEFENSIVE MIDFIELD players.

Nekounam: I didn't see an excellent game for Javad, nor did I see a poor one. His shooting needs some improvement and another piece of criticism is that I wish he were a bit more alert in his position.

Jabbari: Well he started a bit shakey, however, he ended up playing well and displaying the reason of his selection. Quick passing, smart play maker he is the kind of player we'll need in the World Cup to keep this team dangerous no matter what situation. He'll make something out of nothing on his best day.

Khatibi: Rasoul enjoyed a good share of possession of the ball. Watching him play, it seemed he was trying too hard to impress. Should have passed a couple times, should not have shot a few other times and he should have got on the scoresheet.

Daei: Warning I have nothing but criticism for Daei. Let's start with the aerial aspect. He got away about 4 headers of which only two were on target. This is where the relativity part kicks in. This is Chinese Taipei with a team full of short players. Daei was a giant compred to the defense, yet he hardly posed a threat, relatively speaking. Watching the small CT players push Daei around and actually putting him off a few times from getting his header on was embarressing. Some are saying there weren't enough crosses, baba there were plenty. Not all crosses are going to land ON your head, you have to MOVE and position yourself as a forward to take advantage of every centered ball. Unfortunately, speed and fitness is what you give up when you place a 37 year old forward in your line-up and play him for 90 MINUTES! One good assist to Madanchi, a low quality goal and that was it for the match. One good thing for every 10 bad, yet we've lowered our expectations so much that this is GOOD to some of us. I return back to relativity here: this was Chinese Taipei who not only didn't stop the cross that came but gave him enough time to stop it then shoot and neither defender or goalie got a touch to it. This was the post where the goalie was closet to. I can go on and on, but relatively, this was a poor performance and one can only come away and say..."He must be trying to increase his record".

Kazemian: Came in and for the 15 or so minutes he was on the field he made two goal opportunities. Looking better and better as the season progresses.

Madanchi: What can I say? Man of the match. Came in, gave it his all. Pleaded his case, scored two goals, assisted one and ran the left part of the field. This was CT, but from the performance he exhibited it wouldn't have mattered if it was England, he would have bugged the hell out of that side. Whilst, I hold a player like Maniei in higher esteem than Madanchi, I find it hard to overlook Madanchi. He gives you commitment, pace, skill, and attacking prowess. Again I compare him with Maniei, but I think in regards to influence he is the better of the two. As he showed Vs. Bayern, he does not care WHO (e.g. Sagnol) is in front of him, he will play his game. This is the kind of confident young player we will need in the WC. He will be the new Mahdavikia for us.

Akbarpour: I was rather disappointed by Siavash. He had two great chances to score and the small lack of concentration messed it for him. He showed little inventiveness and willingness and I think Siavash is still a great player that can help us. He has it all, he just needs to work harder.

Now in regards to all-round team performance. Once again, this was Chinese Taipei. We surely lacked cohesion, which is expected with a new team, but really, we lacked planning. The team did what it wanted when it wanted, and that was more due to the poor quality of the side that opposed them. Why Branko played two DM's I do not understand. Why Daei got 90 minutes, is also a mystery. Why Sadeghi wasn't given preference over Zareh, no one can know. All those players got 90 minutes, as if we NEEDED to test them more. I hope this is a catalyst for change, but I really consider this an eye-wash for the fans. This game mean't nothing, and it's more than likely the generic line-up will be adhered to. Get used to it I say.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:12 AM   #15
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Amir
He scored one.
He assisted one.
He hit the post once.
He gave another world-class pass to Khatibi, just a few seconds after Iran went 2-0 up, Khatibi though missed a 100% scoring chance.
Which team was he playing against? How many did he screw up again? How much did he run?

Ali Daei reminds me of this fat president we have in my Italian football club here. On Wednesday I go to football training and sometimes this man named Charlie joins. While Charlie has an excellent footballing Brain he does not move more than two steps to retrieve a ball. You have to give it to him at his feet for him to turn, and give a nice pass or shoot. He is basically a lamp-post standing still near the goal.

The same goes for Ali Daei. Having a player like Daei can have a flash of brilliance here and there, but he equates for more work for others. Seriously, I think Brazil should bring back Pele and station him in the front of the ground. He is bound to give ONE good pass and have ONE good shot. Especially considering the players around him will run their lungs out to give him a ball to score with. Or Maybe that's just Daei?

On a more technical note, it is the worst offense of a forward to not position or move himself accordingly. Do you know why Daei gets all his balls to his feet? Because he doesn't MOVE. If we had a moving forward that ran into space and timed his runs, our players could pass the ball through the middle. They could give a through-ball to the running forward in order to expose the defense that way, without having to always go to the sides and have the ball centered that way. Just a thought

Last edited by Kaz : 02-23-2006 at 05:27 AM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:14 AM   #16
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
By the way, its AMAZING how some people BASHED Ivankovic for calling up Madanchi....
I don't think too many people were that upset. I think they were wondering why players that had been more successful at club level weren't invited. Hint Hint: Maniei.

He played great though. Kudos to him.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:22 AM   #17
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
OK!

So, Khatibi and Akbarpour showed what you say above.

Reza Enayati showed in the West Asian Games that he CAN NOT score even versus U-17 sides.

Hmmm...I wonder why the big bad Branko INSISTS on playing the 37 year old ALI DAEI...
Akbarpour should have done better granted, Enayati played very well and should have done better in that tournament granted.

If Akbarpour was to have scored two, would you have said? "LET'S REPLACE DAEI!". The truth is, he got two half chances that he made by positioning himself properly, he needs more time.

What about if Enayati scored 5-6 goals in the West Asian tournament? For some reason I imagine this reasoning: "It was the West Asian tournament, Daei has experience, Enayati is just a league goal scorer". The truth to this one is that Enayati in that tournament set up plenty of goals for his counterparts. However, Borhani AND Oladi were the biggest ball hogs of the tournament. One just has to watch the Syria match to see the selfishness of Borhani. I don't blame him so much either, the way the selection goes, you need a lot of goals to be undeniably qualified.

I'm sure if Fifa allowed Shevchenko to play for Iran you would have an objection to him playing over Daei. That's the difference between a logical/consistant thinker.

The real FACT is that all those forwards named by you and Daei play in the same league. Tell me again? Daei has scored HALF the goals Enayati and Akbarpour has scored more than Daei. They're playing the same teams? Daei's team is relatively strong in the league, you're telling me the great DAEI is not performing better in the league? What a surprise? . This is a constant competition. Where Daei plays his 90 mins a game. Contrast that to a 15 minute flurry here and there by Akbarpour and Enayati. No, let's not compare them to Daei, it isn't fair to them.

Last edited by Kaz : 02-23-2006 at 05:32 AM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 05:26 AM   #18
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
You say ALI DAEI had very bad headers, I say you are unfair.

One of his headers crashed against the post in the first half and another one was amazingly saved by the goalie in the 2nd period.
Actually, this second header had so much power on it that a friend of mine thought ALI DAEI had vollyed the ball with his foot!

Also, you critisize ALI DAEI for his headers, but you don't talk about the SERVICE provided to him.

A good header NEEDS a good cross.
Our crosses were AWFUL today! Most of them didn't even got past the first defender.

So, I'm not saying ALI DAEI was excellent today.
I don't even care if he plays for Team Melli or not as long as we are getting the RESULTS, but I say be fair.
You don't care if he doesn't play? LOL. He had good headers? Two on target out of how many? How many more did the crossers have to give him? 10? Playing against small and physically weaker opposition and being built like a truck as Daei is and NOT scoring a header is a crime.

Quote:
Amir Jan,

If even Khatibi is NOT considered a fast forward, then I don't know whats your definition of FAST?!

My opinion:

Being fast is not enough!
Its not track and field we are talking about, its FOOTBALL.
You need quality to score goals and get into scoring positions.
Some have it, some don't...
Khatibi is fast, he just isn't good enough IMO. Having quality and scoring goals needs good positioning, sure. Does Daei have this? Are you going to kid us here and say that Daei HAS it? He may have HAD it...but right now...that implication is a joke.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:00 PM   #19
Sina
Banned

Dear Kazem

With all fairness lets not make this thread about Daei. We were just simply putting down our ideas on this game and how bad or good we executed. Honestly I believe you are being biased when you give a free pass to Akbarpour and on the other hand ignoring whatever Daei did for the team yesterday.

Contrary to you I believe Daei played OK and my problem was the fact that he played 90 full minutes and opportunity was not given to other players like Borhani and Rajabzadeh to play in this game. There was no reason for Daei to start IMO.

Akbarpour was nothing short of terrible. He did not pass the ball around and rather selfishly wanted to finish things up himself. That even got the criticism of his teammate at some point in the game. He had one horrible shot near the goal and missed two other opportunities. In fact if you want to compare him to Daei , the oldman was yek saro gardan better

Again I dont have a problem with Daei but how we approached this game and our team's strategy. Lets not make this thread about Daei vs this or that...

Also please lets not concern ourselves with If this or that happenned. We are discussing what actually occured here and nothing else.
Sina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 06:09 PM   #20
Kaiser Amir
Hall of famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sina
Dear Kazem

With all fairness lets not make this thread about Daei.
Sina Jan,

I don't even read what he posts.

I just scroll down when I see his username on the left of the screen.
And when I imagine how much time he spent writing these stuff which I don't even read, then thats my biggest satisfaction

[b]MAKE MONEY while SURFING on IranKicks. REGISTER on the ABOVE LINK[/b]
Kaiser Amir is offline   Reply With Quote