Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > In-Depth football discussions
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2005, 11:08 AM   #11
RezaIranianEstar
IK Visitor

Icon10 Re: What constitutes success for Iran national team in world cup 2006?

After watching the QPR game I would like to change my definition of success for the TM. Success for TM would be replacing the goalkeeper Mirzapour with someone who can deal with crosses better (for example a tall pot of yoghurt!) we would be guaranteed a place in the semis at least!

from across the pond with love

Reza

RezaIranianEstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2005, 05:04 PM   #12
PersianSniper
IK Visitor

Rep Power: 0PersianSniper has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Re: What constitutes success for Iran national team in world cup 2006?

Excellence is not found by being the best but doing your best,I dont agree that Success means being number one or Champion,if you give all that you have got and you are consistently doing that, you get good results and you can call that Success.
I think we should play with confidents,attack more often and play tough, we should show the World that we belong to top 10 in the world, I think our T.M will do all that and we will make it to secound round,cheers.
PersianSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 09:27 AM   #13
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

well, it depends how we describe succes!!!

would we compare Iran's results with past world cup results we got, and if we would be better.we would call it succes!

or , would we see, what is the potential of the today's team, and if the preparations,tactics and player's profesionalism would be strong enough to get out the maximum of the potentials!

so I think the true's will be something in between!!!

I think if we see the potentials and the problems, getting to second round would be a huge succes!!! any thing more would be a surprise(although I like surprises )
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 05:56 AM   #14
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 21PersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enoughPersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enough
Reasons why Iran has the ability to achieve alot in World Cup

I believe Iran's team is structured in a way and is equipped with certain players, that will make it very possible to go past the first round and perhaps further along the road in the world cup.

Characteristics of a successful world cup team:

- Wise Midfielders, with good sense of ball control as well as experience in knowing when to rush into attack and when to slow the pace of the game down.
Examples of such players already being used by branko: Javad Nekounam, Moharram Navidkia, Fereydoon Zandi and Iman Mobali. (Alavi to a certain extent although there are some better options)
Examples of players not being used by branko who fullfill these traits as well: Ebrahim Asadi(Perspolis), Farzad Majidi (Esteghlal), Pejman Noori (Perspolis)

-Speedy wings and forwards who win balls, are hardworkers and can send good balls as well as combine well for attacks, these players are often found on the assist sheets as much as scoring sheets:
Examples of such players already being used by Branko: Mahdavikia, Nikbakht Vahedi, Arash Borhani, Javad Kazemian, Vahid Hashemian, Mehdi Rajabzadeh and Siavash Akbarpour
Examples of such players that are not used by Branko: Mehdi AmirAbadi (esteghlal), Mehrzad Madanchi(perspolis).

-experienced defenders that will not crack under pressure and will with their wisdom and leadership make the left and right backs mistakes not cause the team serious damage. These are the players who make the last minute tackles against forwards who get by their defender who is marking them and if they pass this center defender then they are 1on1 with the goalie.
Examples of such players already being used by Branko: Yahya Golmohamadi and Rahman Rezai.
Examples of such players not being used by branko (and maybe rightfully so): Sohrab Bakhtiarzadeh, karim Bagheri, Mahmood Fekri...
- in this case Golmohamadi and Rezai make Kaabi look so great out there and Zareh or Badavi (whoever is leftback) look like they are giving a satisfactory performance. These centerbacks are instrumental to the team, if they have a bad game, the team loses... bottom line

Now it is true, we have Daei who has been performing questionably for the national team in recent matches and might not deserve the automatic starting spot he is always accustomed to receiving in our national team, and the same goes for Mirzapour who has sort of become a given a fixture in our starting 11 as the goalie because there has not been much competition from other goalies or as some conspire to say Branko doesnt give them a chance. These are all issues, however the above are more important in my eyes, and thus we will have a great world cup... this is my prediction...

*note when i wrote example of players not being used by branko, i do not mean that he should invite all these players, i am just giving examples to mention the type of players who fullfill these characteristics i believe are needed for a successfull football team in the world cup
Old 11-17-2005, 11:08 AM   #15
Abdol_Ali_Changis
IK Visitor

A success means Iran have to at least qualify for the round of 16.
Abdol_Ali_Changis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 12:20 PM   #16
parvin
IK Visitor

Success means trying your best, this is very true.
Our team, and by this I mean each and every one of the players and coaches, have to do their best.
The only thing our team need to do is, to spend all the time they can on making sure that they are ready to face any team and challenges they might encounter with, have faith in them, and remember that even the best of us do fail.
However, failures are not to be taken as an excuse, but to learn from them and that is SUCCESS.
No matter what, we love our team and have faith in them.
Good luck to all of you in 06 plays.
Parvin. M
parvin is offline   Reply With Quote