Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2018, 11:33 PM   #1
Twincam
IK Visitor

portugal and spain

The Portuguese go to Russia as the current European champion. Spain is SPAIN! 2nd round is nearly a miracle a draw against morroco is an early byebye. just thought to share these good vibes with you guys
Twincam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

Re: portugal and spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twincam View Post
The Portuguese go to Russia as the current European champion. Spain is SPAIN! 2nd round is nearly a miracle a draw against morroco is an early byebye. just thought to share these good vibes with you guys
I have to say in both World cups..2014 and 2018 Iran didn't have much luck with the groups... I mean in 2014 was Argentina and now with two top teams Portugal and spain and now even the third team isn't so easy... but that is a world cup, on this level you have to prepare yourself to face everyone, who knows maybe next World cup Brazil or Germany would be in our group..That's one of major reasons teams like Iran really need lot of preparation games, which IFF usually is always late with planing... This time the preparations game were a little better than 2014, but I still believe Iran would need at least lot more friendlies and preparation games before a world cup and also better teams should be chosen

But I have a good feeling with Carlos Queiroz, he is a good coach (but he realy doesn't get enough support from IFF)

Last edited by Ali_Europe : Yesterday at 06:59 PM.
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:59 PM   #3
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about
Re: portugal and spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_Europe View Post
I have to say in both World cups..2014 and 2018 Iran didn't have much luck with the groups... I mean in 2014 was vs Portugal and Argentina and now Portugal and spain and now even the third team isn't so easy... but that is a world cup, on this level you have to prepare yourself to face everyone, who knows maybe next World cup Brazil or Germany would be in our group..That's one of major reasons teams like Iran really need lot of preparation games, which IFF usually is always late with planing... This time the preparations game were a little better than 2014, but I still believe Iran would need at least lot more friendlies and preparation games before a world cup and also better teams should be chosen

But I have a good feeling with Carlos Queiroz, he is a good coach (but he realy doesn't get enough support from IFF)
We were very unlucky to not come out with a draw vs Argentina. I think we are better than what we were four years ago. Yes we have not had good luck against Portugal, Germany or Argentina but Germany and Portugal only beat us 2-0, Argentina 1-0. Hey at least we didn't 8-0. I think if we can beat Morocco, we have about a 20% chance to get out of the group stages, that is what Vegas is giving the winner of this game, in LV now.
We have improved on defense and at least this time we played some decent teams, not just Bulgaria and Trinidad &Tobago as our WCQ's. I think Carlos Queiroz changed the culture and we went from all offense and no defense to a well round team. At times, we get caught ball watching and need to clean up some errors, see Turkey game but overall our defense played well. We play defense like a good European club Bayern, Real Madrid or Juve. Iran and Morocco have a similar style, they are mirror images of each other and near the same spot in the FIFA rankings #38 and #40 respectively. That is not a weak pot 4 team, next to #14Tunisia, they are the highest ranking African team.