Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #1
Ata_p
IK Visitor

What’s your line-up for Iran Vs Turkey game?

Mine is

Mazaheri
Rezaian - majid h. - PAG - Mimo
ezzatollahi
Jahanbakhs-shojai-Torabi
Azmon-ghoddos
Old 05-28-2018, 01:59 PM   #2
Farooq
IK Visitor

Re: What’s your line-up for Iran Vs Turkey game?

I dont really know much about Turkey but I want to see our starters play once together or atleast send an offensive minded side without two holding midfielders. I also want to see Dejagah on the starting 11 maybe as converted right back if nothing else. I would like to see Steven Beitashour play too. He is great on the ball and defends well.
Farooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2018, 04:24 PM   #3
Farooq
IK Visitor

Well that was experimental to say the least. I think we got hammered on the ball and had few chances. The Turks looked confident and skilled enough to hold position and push forward. If it wasnt for our good defense, that could have been much worse. Here are some individual thoughts -

Ansarifard - played somewhere behind the deep striker. He looked confused and horrible. It looks like Ansarifard/Goodoos/Goochi all play the same position or no other. Ansarifard looks horrible in another position.

Azmoun - Same thing. I think he looks more comfortable on the wings. Ronaldo does way more defending that this guy. If he is not in the game, then we could use another good hardworking defender.

Jahanbaksh - He made solo runs into the box with no support. Looked terrible

Dejagah - He was the only good substitute for the offense that worked. We look lost without him.

Shojei - Totally sucked, couldnt defend or pass.

Concluding thoughts is that we should pick 8 defenders unless everybody above learns to play together. Our passing looks terrible and our defenders were obviously the hardest working players on the pitch.
Old 05-29-2018, 02:33 PM   #4
Ata_p
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Well that was experimental to say the least. I think we got hammered on the ball and had few chances. The Turks looked confident and skilled enough to hold position and push forward. If it wasnt for our good defense, that could have been much worse. Here are some individual thoughts -

Ansarifard - played somewhere behind the deep striker. He looked confused and horrible. It looks like Ansarifard/Goodoos/Goochi all play the same position or no other. Ansarifard looks horrible in another position.

Azmoun - Same thing. I think he looks more comfortable on the wings. Ronaldo does way more defending that this guy. If he is not in the game, then we could use another good hardworking defender.

Jahanbaksh - He made solo runs into the box with no support. Looked terrible

Dejagah - He was the only good substitute for the offense that worked. We look lost without him.

Shojei - Totally sucked, couldnt defend or pass.

Concluding thoughts is that we should pick 8 defenders unless everybody above learns to play together. Our passing looks terrible and our defenders were obviously the hardest working players on the pitch.
Well, this game really sucked. Biggest problem is that players playing on unusual positions. And to be honest Jalal and Voria were really missed in this game. God help us in WC
Old 06-01-2018, 01:51 PM   #5
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Farooq great analysis i agree 100% with Ansarafad and Jahnbaksh, plus the rest. Now biggest problem is not players in unusual positions, it is our defensive line, getting caught BALL WATCHING. That is the biggest problem with Iran football, shaky defense has always been our Achilles Hell. For our MF I would try one young guy like Hashem BEIKZADEH because Shojaei can't pass and looked lost
My starting XI
Sardar Azmoun

Saeid Ezatolahi Mehdi Torabi

Ehsan Hajsefi Morteza Pouraliganji Hashem Bekizadeh

Jalal Hosseini , Ramin Rezaeian, Vouria Ghaffari Morteza Pouraliganji,

Alireza Beirnavand
Old 06-01-2018, 04:41 PM   #6
Farooq
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwin View Post
Farooq great analysis i agree 100% with Ansarafad and Jahnbaksh, plus the rest. Now biggest problem is not players in unusual positions, it is our defensive line, getting caught BALL WATCHING.
I think our defenders kept us in the Turkey game. They were quick and hardworking. Just compare them to Barcelona and Madrid defense. Sergio Ramos is prick who is the game to break necks, not play soccer. Pique is slow and doesnt move very well. Quiroz has a done a good job of organizing the defense. I will not take anything away from him for doing that. The problem is he put in all the strikers like any reasonable couch would do but they did absolutely nothing on defense or going forward. A good couch like Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson expects everybody to play defense even Christiano Ronaldo. Apparently, Azmoun, Ansarifard and whoever was playing up front in the last match are too good to do that. They just sat up front and waited for somebody to pass them the ball. Once, they got the ball, they also looked horrible moving forward. If you are not going to defend, then you better ****ing score some goals.

Maybe if we had Ansarifard, Azmoun, Goodoos and Reza and all of them playing for 6 months together, it might work out. However, we dont have time, we got 20 days. So bench them. Goodoos, Ansarfiard and Goochinajed can not all be in the game at same time. They can only play in the center forward position. Azmoun or Shojei might be work as a wingers but they did nothing either. Dejagah needs to be in the game as much as possible because he is the best play maker we have.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:35 PM   #7
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
I think our defenders kept us in the Turkey game. They were quick and hardworking. Just compare them to Barcelona and Madrid defense. Sergio Ramos is prick who is the game to break necks, not play soccer. Pique is slow and doesnt move very well. Quiroz has a done a good job of organizing the defense. I will not take anything away from him for doing that. The problem is he put in all the strikers like any reasonable couch would do but they did absolutely nothing on defense or going forward. A good couch like Jose Mourinho and Alex Ferguson expects everybody to play defense even Christiano Ronaldo. Apparently, Azmoun, Ansarifard and whoever was playing up front in the last match are too good to do that. They just sat up front and waited for somebody to pass them the ball. Once, they got the ball, they also looked horrible moving forward. If you are not going to defend, then you better ****ing score some goals.

Maybe if we had Ansarifard, Azmoun, Goodoos and Reza and all of them playing for 6 months together, it might work out. However, we dont have time, we got 20 days. So bench them. Goodoos, Ansarfiard and Goochinajed can not all be in the game at same time. They can only play in the center forward position. Azmoun or Shojei might be work as a wingers but they did nothing either. Dejagah needs to be in the game as much as possible because he is the best play maker we have.
Farooq jan overall I agree with you that the defense played well but on the first goal they conceded, they did get caught ball watching I agree that their defense is like Bayern Munich or Real Madrid, I would not use the words Barcelona and Defense in the same sentence I think Iran is much improved on defense thank's to CQ, our defense kept us in the Turkey game but I am just pointing out the error, like ac oach. I was actually impressed with the defense we played against Tunisia, Russia and Turkey losing 1- to #14 Tunisia, 2-1 @ Turkey and tying 1-1 v Russia are not bad results at all Again ya if we had continuity and consistency with the team.

Maybe if Azmoun, Ansarifad, Ghoddos and Reza Gucci played for six months together Too bad they were all at their respective clubs I think if we beat Morocco, which won't be easy, we will have a 20% chance to advance, with a draw to either Portugal or Spain. That should be enough to go through if they go 1-1-1 Iran are not out of this, they have a fighter's chance I think they are a bit better than Morocco, despite them beating Uzbek 2-0 They didn't have any competiion in the WCQ, see Mali They play good D though and that game will be a big key, we MUST win or we are out