Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > International Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2018, 08:30 AM   #1
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

teams with highest potentials to win the world cup

Sure, at the end predictions often tend to be wrong and yes sometimes surprises happen.. but I wonder what do you guys think? which teams have the highest chances to win the world cup.

here are my guess:

Brazil: the disater of 2014 seems to be forgotten..the new couch has build a powerfull team and brought Brazil back to track... in last few weeks Brazilians performed very strong, beating germany 1:0 and Croatia also lost to Brazil...

Germany: With Jogi Lw Germans have probally the smartest coach in World cup...He is very good at analyzing every opponent's weakest links and is a smart strategist. German team might not have big names like Messi, Neymar etc.. but Germans have a real working team of 11 disciplined and fit players

Spain: Spain has improved a lot and it is slowly getting back it good form... a team with strong technics and passion

France: they might be underestimated, but the team has good potentials

overrated teams in 2018 (thats my opinion)

Argentina:Lot of people cheer too much for Messi...But even I see him as a great player, in my opinion he isn't a game changer like Maradona or Pele... Messi can perform great in Barcelona, where a multi milion dollar team is designed around him and entire team focused on him and have to serve him in the game, And sure in today multimilion dollar football, stars have best personal coaches & best fitness programm & best nutritionist and wear supershoes etc , But once Messi is out of the Barcelona bubble and is in Aregentinian jersey, things start to change (I'm not saying he is a bad player, Messi is for sure a great player),but in argentinian team, he cant anymore be the game changer... he isn't the superleader... he isn't any more comparable to Maradona or Pele(remind you Maradona and Pele won titles even with teams like Napoli or Santos, they made the difference and they played in times where forwards were not protected like today, Pele broke several parts of his body several times cuz of the violent defenders of the 1960's) And Maradona in each game 10-15 times ended up to lay on the ground cuz of violent defenders.. No doubt that Lionel Messi is a very strong player but I don't see him being able to make Argentina win the title (thats what Maradona or Pele could have done in their times)..Just for the record: Pele won 3 World cups and with Santos even the world club championship.. Maradona in 1986 made the different(without him Argentina wouldn't win the 1986 title and wouldn't make it to 1990 final)

Russia: Host countries often been called one of favourites, but with this russian team, I think they should be happy even if they make it to second round

England: since 1966, English media each time claim English player to be a top team and each time they play their crappy "kick and rush...I'm not saying they are a weak team, but I don't see them as a potential champion!

Portugal:they won the last European championship but the team has slowly weakened year by year a little.. And a Cristiano Ronaldo can't alone win the world cup

Last edited by Ali_Europe : 06-04-2018 at 08:41 AM.
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2018, 11:11 AM   #2
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about
Re: teams with highest potentials to win the world cup

Good post Ali Europe jan and here are my take on those popular teams, I am also in Las Vegas so I know the odds-Let's start with my mom's country Germany- Joakim Low and Die Mannschaft on paper are the favorites at 9:2 odds and so is Brazi, we will get to them next. With the depth, height advantage, experience they have they can win However, they just got Manu Neuer back and they are vulnerable, Austria just beat them and they lost to Brazil I know they are friendly's but they are beatable Germany is not invincible

Brazil. After the humilating 7-1 defeat seems like they revamped the entire team In addition to Neymar, they added Gabraiel Jesus, Willian, Paulihinio and Coutihinio. denor Leonardo Bacchi aka Tite has a fresh clean start. Brazil are the other favorites at 9:2 odds

France-With Griesmann and Mbapee, France is one of the most talented and underrated teams. I have them going to the final four vs Brazil and on the other side Spain v Germany
Russia-On my dads side I am ethnic Russian so that is the other team I like besides Iran. Russian's coach tanislav Cherchesov is a fool. everyone wanted Lokomotive coach who won the league Everyone wanted Yuri Semin. Anyways Igor Akinfeev is the GK and Captain of the team. Fyodor Mikhaylovich Smolov is a dangerous striker who plays for Krasnodar They will get some calls calls you are right and they got a GIFT from Sergio Ramos Now that Mohammad Salah is out, Russia should advance along with Uruguay. Saudi Arabia, don't make me laugh. Slavsya Ovetchetko Nashe Sponostyve. URA

Spain-With Isco and Co they have enough talent to make some serious noise. Everyone knows about Spain's talent and tika tika they have a shot

England. It usually ends horribly wrong for England, in the knockout stages and they lose in Penalty Kicks. They often have the same amount of talent as Germany but they are a bunch of individuals who want to play hero ball.

Portugal-Champions of UEFA but will they get that lucky again, probably not. The football Gods have a way of evening things out they got a cake walk up to the finals playing Poland and Switzerland, where as Germany and France had to play each other and they beat each other up. CR7 and Portugal are not getting that lucky again