Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2009, 02:08 AM   #1
Hooman
IK Benchwarmer

I'm so glad we didn't make it...

...In some ways I really am.

I know I barely post here so it might sound rude to just come here and be totally honest right now.

But come on, it's a relief in so many ways.

My heart wanted Iran in the world cup, but at the same time now I can relax watch South Africa finals in peace and not worry about embarassment.

Alot of fingernails are going to rest next year in Iranians and our stress levels will be moderate at worse.

Let Iran learn a lesson, I'm also glad because of that perspective. Let Daei (it wasn't entirely his fault) and IFF realise we don't deserve to be in the World Cup.

8 games played - 5 draws 1 lose.
With statistics like that I'am shocked to see we could have made it if we beat South Korea. It's a shocking result. Azadi Stadium advantage was not like before.

We don't deserve it, we should learn a crucial lesson and in alot of ways I'm a happy kid today
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 AM   #2
highflyerreborn
IK Head Coach

Rep Power: 21highflyerreborn will become famous soon enoughhighflyerreborn will become famous soon enough
Re: I'm so glad we didn't make it...

I agree somewhat unless you dominate Asian level win 7 games out of your 8 games - you can't expect to be at world cup ... world cup should be played for to win not just show up and give training games to other teams and you pack the bags ....

North Korea will be a embarasment to Asia I hope they go in group with Argentina or Brazil so they get exposed for what they are - a total joke of a soccer team - no skills

Just kick to side , and then to fw and shoot that is all they do
Old 06-18-2009, 03:30 AM   #3
mouhammad
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooman View Post
...In some ways I really am.

I know I barely post here so it might sound rude to just come here and be totally honest right now.

But come on, it's a relief in so many ways.

My heart wanted Iran in the world cup, but at the same time now I can relax watch South Africa finals in peace and not worry about embarassment.

Alot of fingernails are going to rest next year in Iranians and our stress levels will be moderate at worse.

Let Iran learn a lesson, I'm also glad because of that perspective. Let Daei (it wasn't entirely his fault) and IFF realise we don't deserve to be in the World Cup.

8 games played - 5 draws 1 lose.
With statistics like that I'am shocked to see we could have made it if we beat South Korea. It's a shocking result. Azadi Stadium advantage was not like before.

We don't deserve it, we should learn a crucial lesson and in alot of ways I'm a happy kid today
I couldn't agree with you more. At least some of us have common sense. I was reading one of the comments here on this bulletin, that we (iranians) have one of the most talented players in the world. What a pisser, at least this failure brings us down to the world. We are best ranked around Bahrain and UAE.
mouhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:33 AM   #4
Sayyid
IK Water boy

Sorry guys, but I have to disagree with both of you. We won 2 out of 4 games at home, tied 1 and lost a game we should have won. We also tied all 4 games on the road. So basically, based on every match up we played as good and sometimes better than the other teams.
2wice We had a tie against S Korea. (Ok result)
We beat N Korea at home at and tied with them on the road. (good result)
We beat UAE at home and tied with them on the road. (good result)
We LOST to SA at home and tied them on the road. (bad result)

So basically out of all 8 matches, we had 1 bad result and that was our only loss in these 8 games. We didn't have a bad team compared to the other 4 teams, some times you need a little luck too...that we never had.
Sayyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:47 AM   #5
mouhammad
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayyid View Post
Sorry guys, but I have to disagree with both of you. We won 2 out of 4 games at home, tied 1 and lost a game we should have won. We also tied all 4 games on the road. So basically, based on every match up we played as good and sometimes better than the other teams.
2wice We had a tie against S Korea. (Ok result)
We beat N Korea at home at and tied with them on the road. (good result)
We beat UAE at home and tied with them on the road. (good result)
We LOST to SA at home and tied them on the road. (bad result)

So basically out of all 8 matches, we had 1 bad result and that was our only loss in these 8 games. We didn't have a bad team compared to the other 4 teams, some times you need a little luck too...that we never had.
mate, not to be rude but I doubt your understanding of world football. We managed to be 4th of 5 teams in an asian group, DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHA IT MEANS ? can you imagine what world class teams would do to us? World cup isn't about just going there as It was said. We have to be able to compete. You are one of those people who thinks, it is just good enough to be there. I believe you should think a little bit further than what you do.
mouhammad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #6
Choi, Kyu Don
IK Visitor

Hey...you need to change old players. I do not trust their stamina. They seemed to have their names only.

Iran should not have lost to or drawn with the other three (Saudi, NK, UAE) at least at your home.

Still, top 3 of Asia are Australia, SK, Iran (and mayber Japan?).

NK was lucky. But, I hope NK to give up dictatorship and nuclear power and to recover foreign relations, stimulated by this success.
Choi, Kyu Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:39 AM   #7
Oftadeh
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 17Oftadeh will become famous soon enoughOftadeh will become famous soon enough

I think if we had been lucky enough to get through - and given yesterday's encouraging display in SK - then we could have been prepared well for South Africa in one year's time under Qotbi. I don't think we would have been embarassed.
Oftadeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:23 AM   #8
highflyerreborn
IK Head Coach

Rep Power: 21highflyerreborn will become famous soon enoughhighflyerreborn will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choi, Kyu Don View Post
Hey...you need to change old players. I do not trust their stamina. They seemed to have their names only.

Iran should not have lost to or drawn with the other three (Saudi, NK, UAE) at least at your home.

Still, top 3 of Asia are Australia, SK, Iran (and mayber Japan?).

NK was lucky. But, I hope NK to give up dictatorship and nuclear power and to recover foreign relations, stimulated by this success.

I think the only consistent teams in Asia are

1) Korea
2) Australia
3) Japan

All other teams are - very fragile - they change time to time

Rest of the teams are - just paper teams - they look good on paper but when
its game time they do not cut it no more

Korea (South) they have a solid youth system , and every U20 chanpionship they win it for a reason becasu their players dominate Asia at young age and they continue to play like that in Senior team.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
Sayyid
IK Water boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftadeh View Post
I think if we had been lucky enough to get through - and given yesterday's encouraging display in SK - then we could have been prepared well for South Africa in one year's time under Qotbi. I don't think we would have been embarassed.
That's my very argument as well. Things changed under Qutbi, and we saw a better football, and team melli's improvement in this very short of a time frame. I'm sure with more friendly matches this team would obviously have been able to achieve better results and qualify throw the playoffs. I think getting to world cup is a huge achievement itself. I honestly think we achieved decent results in 2006 also. Our players made few mistakes in the match against Mexico which cost us the chance to qualify, and that's normal for a team which doesn't have a world cup experience. Once IFF is totally modified under a new free goverment in Iran, I'm sure things will change not only in our football, but in every other major sport in the country.

Last edited by Sayyid : 06-18-2009 at 10:57 AM.
Sayyid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 05:08 PM   #10
Foosball_Champ
IK Benchwarmer

me 2. But you know what the sad part of it is? The IFF is not going to learn from their mistake and they are going to repeat this in 2014 again and again. I watch how Japan has become the power play in Asia, they participate in every dam cup in this planet, their youngsters are growing to become great soccer player and then I feel sorry for ours. Out people can't even vote and have their vote to be counted, they can't wear a green band in their hand (Karmi was warrned to take his off in the second half). The most simple fundemntal rights of a human being is taken away from them, and we expect them to go and shine in the world stage?

Today is a sad day in the history of Iran, not just for Iranian sport fans but every human being in this planet who beleives in freedom of voting.

God help us all.

Go IRANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN.
Foosball_Champ is offline   Reply With Quote