Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did he have to punish them in public?
Yes, those players needed this punishment! 6 21.43%
No, this was totally unnecessary! 8 28.57%
Yes, though not in public! 13 46.43%
No, I am against such punishments, be it in public or practice fields 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2007, 07:42 PM   #41
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough
Re: Do u approve of Karimi's action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftadeh View Post
My take of it was the complete opposite. He was rambling, he clearly has no idea about a professional approach to dealing with a loss, and I am sorry for EsEs to have to suffer such a fool, even though I am a PP fan. The action he took was disgraceful, and his interview was low-class and disgraceful.
It's fashionable to attack Karimi these days. He's tough with these spoiled players and it'll be good for them. As for class...well, that's all we care about...not so much substance. You'll like him if he wears a pink tie and a nice suit.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2007, 09:17 PM   #42
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftadeh View Post
Although Kaz has normally blind support for unprofessional actions by people related to Esteghlal, he has always kept it civil. I gave up responding to or commenting on Babak's posts a long time ago, but to name Kaz is absolutely unacceptable and a new low for him. His Red Card for 6 months is well deserved.

BTW, Karimi should resign and hang his head in shame. Totally unprofessional. Never heard of such punishment, should be done, but not in public.
I've never blindly supported anyone, let alone for unprofessional actions. I am sorry, I replied to your post but the last one was unbelievably deleted as irrelevant.

Babak took the wrong route and was hitting low blows to try and attack me. I don't condone that but I don't deny he gives something to the discussion and if he could curb his language and his rhetoric we would enjoy him a lot more on these forums. Six months seems to be a very very long ban.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:14 AM   #43
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
I've never blindly supported anyone, let alone for unprofessional actions. I am sorry, I replied to your post but the last one was unbelievably deleted as irrelevant.

Babak took the wrong route and was hitting low blows to try and attack me. I don't condone that but I don't deny he gives something to the discussion and if he could curb his language and his rhetoric we would enjoy him a lot more on these forums. Six months seems to be a very very long ban.
If you get another yellow, it would be like an IK christmas tree where you see the list of names, with the two reds. Would look nice and colourful.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:33 AM   #44
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 16footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
My friend my initial point was in response to your question about whether I know football is a team sport...I assure you, I have a bit if an idea about this, but will happily defer to your wisdom on such issues.

I agree, benching a player is an effective way. However, that player will likely then become "ghod" like Sheys Rezaei who verbally attacked Ghotbi for benching him. Karimi, needed to come down hard on these players...he is a no nonesense coach and he might turn things around.
Well, discussion is all we need and I have no problem with it.

Rock jaan, I understand your excitement about Karimi. He seems to have a very strong character and willing to bring Esteghlal back on the track of glory. I guess none of the previous coaches wished something different but ... IMO, he does not need to first destroy his players and showing it to the public in different ways prior to proceding with the injection of new blood to the team.

Karimi has temper... fine. Karimi has ideas ... fine. Karimi worked already hard with his players for getting results immediately ... .... ... fine. Karimi was disappointed by his team's performance ... fine. Karimi wants to replace his first team players if they do not perform ... fine. Karimi will bring this team to its right standards ... fine. Karimi will resign if he fails to do so ... fine.

My problem with Karimi: He thinks he can do it alone on his own. He has no respect for anybody or any rules of the game. He believes in GHOLDORI.

You see, in a football game (as you are aware of ;-) it is very difficult to attach the underperformance of the team to a group of players. I would say this is basically impossible as it is a team game and players are relying totally on each others performances ... In the event, some players have real problems and the HC detects those problems, he generally subs those players.

If the team performance disappoints the HC, a good talk to the players in the changing room is essential. Telling strongly where things went wrong and also NOT TO MISS TO PRAISE WHERE PLAYERS DID WELL!

I am really interested in seeing the next performance by Esteghlal. Will we witness a confident game by players or a game where each player is totally frozen in his actions and scared of committing wrong passes or losing ball possession...

Harmonay and Unity have been the key words missing in Esteghlal organisation for longtime. I really hope Esteghlal players support their HC by responding with pride and not looking for rendering the change back for what he did to some of their team mates as a sign of protest. Ghorbaanat.

ftbldxb
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 02:41 AM   #45
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 16footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post

Kaz jaan, I second you on the lengthy ban period. Babak is a passionate member (he posted nearly everyday in here) and even though he did wrong I am sure a much shorter ban period will bring its right effect to him as well.

ftbldxb

Last edited by footballdxb : 12-18-2007 at 05:28 AM.
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 04:02 AM   #46
Keano
IK Coach

Rep Power: 20Keano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura about
Icon6 Re: Do u approve of Karimi's action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdxb View Post
Kaz jaan, I second you on the lengthy ban period. Babak is a pationate member (he posted nearly everyday in here) and even though he did wrong I am sure a much shorter ban period will bring its right effect to him as well.

ftbldxb
I thirds that, I think 6 months is a bit harsh, Hamidoo jaan please reconsider the length of the ban, after all he is a hardcore football fan and a loyal IK member!
Old 12-18-2007, 07:13 AM   #47
mehran1848
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 17mehran1848 will become famous soon enoughmehran1848 will become famous soon enough

Last Night on 90 tv show, more than 600 0000 expressed their opinion regarding this matter through sms. (approve or disapprove)
the result was 65 % dissapprove and 35 % approved the decision.
Firuz Karimi was the guest of the show and he told to Adel "I stick to my decision"
he jokingly asked Adel if these pools are fake or for real.
Adel said Mr. Karimi, believe me its 100% real! and then he asked Firuz " Hala chi, maan ham bayad beddavam?!" (Now what? do I have to run too!!)
mehran1848 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 08:37 AM   #48
Hamidoo

Rep Power: 23Hamidoo will become famous soon enoughHamidoo will become famous soon enough

Guys please refrain from changing the main topic to discuss about Babak's issue. You are welcome to open a stand-alone thread on complaint forum though. As far as I'm concerned, He had multiple previous warnings from moderating team and 6 months is fair, considering the fact that he should have been banned by now.
Old 12-18-2007, 08:47 AM   #49
Oftadeh
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 17Oftadeh will become famous soon enoughOftadeh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
It's fashionable to attack Karimi these days. He's tough with these spoiled players and it'll be good for them. As for class...well, that's all we care about...not so much substance. You'll like him if he wears a pink tie and a nice suit.
If you ever see me, you'll realise I am the last person on earth to want to be fashionable

Again, he ought to be tough, but not like this, he should get some lessons from those he has the audacity to deride, e.g. Ghotbi and Ferguson. I am no fan of Ferguson, but he has earned his right to chew the whole of Manchester at the touchline if he wants - yet Karimi finds it within himself to compare himself against Ferguson, when he hasn't achieved one-millioneth of what Fergie has. Is chewing gum the biggest criticism he could find? Ferguson punished players left, right, and centre; you read about it, but it wasn't done in the public eye.

I would still not like his methods if he did this "in a pink tie and a nice suit". I don't place class in (or equate it with) looks, clothes, or how much money people have. I put it on how they behave and their approach to dealing with matters at hand. I suspect you are accusing me of putting class on looks, and if that is the case, then you are defnitely mistaken, and an apology will be favourably received.

Last edited by Oftadeh : 12-18-2007 at 08:53 AM.
Oftadeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 AM   #50
shahriar
IK Goal Keeper

I could not participate in this poll cause I kinda approve this punishment but not the way he carried it out ,he took it too far ...

I accept a punishment of doing a few laps as a gesture to the fans of saying sorry for playing so bad .
but to then tell Talebloo to practice his diving is taking a piss and a humiliation .

he was out of order and out of class !