Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did he have to punish them in public?
Yes, those players needed this punishment! 6 21.43%
No, this was totally unnecessary! 8 28.57%
Yes, though not in public! 13 46.43%
No, I am against such punishments, be it in public or practice fields 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2007, 01:07 AM   #31
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 16footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about
Re: Do u approve of Karimi's action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
No my friend, these are only things you have done and nobody else and that is why you are the authority on all these issues.

Different coaches have different coaching styles just like different heads of business, have different styles. Some are hardnosed some are not. The FACT of the matter is, this is going to be Karimi's coaching style. If you don't perform, he WILL call you out. This happens everywhere. In the NHL, if a player is seen to be not performing, the coach will bench him. He won't bench the team, he will bench the player and make an example out of him.

If the esteghlal player has quit because his delicate ego has been bruised, then you know that this player cared more about his money and pride rather than the team. Iranian club players think they are special and don't realize that they are part of a team that needs to win. Just because you get a big contract you're not special.

This is how it is going to be under Karimi, maybe he will succeed, maybe he won't. Esteghlal needed someone who will shake things up and so far seems like this is happening.
Rock jaan, I get your sarcasm which is a part of your general style of expressing yourself but I do not get your point over "I am the authority on all these issues".

For the rest, I just have to say that the best way of punishing a player for professional reasons is to NOT LET HIM PLAY. Again, I insist that we are talking about professional football and all related mechanism which is linked to the image of a player having motivation or disciplinary problems.

Forza Iran

I
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-2007, 02:31 AM   #32
Hamid_Blue
IK Coach

Rep Power: 19Hamid_Blue will become famous soon enoughHamid_Blue will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdxb View Post
For the rest, I just have to say that the best way of punishing a player for professional reasons is to NOT LET HIM PLAY. Again, I insist that we are talking about professional football and all related mechanism which is linked to the image of a player having motivation or disciplinary problems.
You are correct about professional football. But we are talking about IPL. If you bench a player, they would create "hashiyeh".
Hamid_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:18 AM   #33
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 16footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamid_Blue View Post
You are correct about professional football. But we are talking about IPL. If you bench a player, they would create "hashiyeh".
Hamid jaan, you are right. IN most of cases, benched or not listed players start their gossip immediately for putting the pressure on the HC shoulders.
This is true but if we look at why such things are allowed in our football, we always come back to the point that the Coaches in general do not have a solid base in their decision makings and their position in the club and towards the fans is always questionable.

In general, for avoiding such problems, HCs must first accept the full responsibility in regard to the performance of their teams. In such event, the presence or absence of players and their gossip lose their weight and importance.

If let say, Esteghlal manages to play well and get results without some of its big names ... well, I think nobody will really pay attention to those gossips. This kind of HASHIYEH will find their power in the underperformance of the teams.

Ghorbaanat,

ftbldxb
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 05:46 AM   #34
Oftadeh
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 17Oftadeh will become famous soon enoughOftadeh will become famous soon enough

Although Kaz has normally blind support for unprofessional actions by people related to Esteghlal, he has always kept it civil. I gave up responding to or commenting on Babak's posts a long time ago, but to name Kaz is absolutely unacceptable and a new low for him. His Red Card for 6 months is well deserved.

BTW, Karimi should resign and hang his head in shame. Totally unprofessional. Never heard of such punishment, should be done, but not in public.
Oftadeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:34 AM   #35
Hamid_Blue
IK Coach

Rep Power: 19Hamid_Blue will become famous soon enoughHamid_Blue will become famous soon enough

footballdxb jan.

I agree on your point with lack of control. At the end of the day management is not on the same page with coaches and their lack of support, leaves coaches high and dry.

I had no issue with the punishment because I had a much bigger issue with something that went quite unnoticed. Shafiee was injured for much of the season and this was his first game back. What would any sane person do in this case? They would practice as hard as they can to get to play as a starter. But Shafiee decides to get a nose job!!!! Okay he is young and immature, but Karimi decides to reward him by making him an starter. This is unacceptable to me. This has devalued EsEs far more than anything else he has done on the field. This is the type of mistakes as a coach that is making EsEs fail on the field IMO. If I were the coach, I would not list him in the top 18.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:36 AM   #36
Hamid_Blue
IK Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oftadeh View Post
BTW, Karimi should resign and hang his head in shame. Totally unprofessional. Never heard of such punishment, should be done, but not in public.
IMO, this was not only degrading to EsEs, IPL and Iran Football took a huge hit. The fact that no one officially (from IPL) is condeming this action gives it a seal of approval.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #37
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyEwUI768HI

Incident and post-match interview.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:46 PM   #38
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyEwUI768HI

Incident and post-match interview.
Hmmm...I don't know man, I'm actually beginning to like Firouz Karimi. Esteghlal needs a swift kick in the pants, and this is the guy to do it. That other commentator was sayng that this is beneath our football to get these players to run in front of the cameras. Typical isn't it? That he cares about the "ghashangi" more about the substance.

I'm actually excited for esteghlal.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:50 PM   #39
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdxb View Post
Rock jaan, I get your sarcasm which is a part of your general style of expressing yourself but I do not get your point over "I am the authority on all these issues".

Forza Iran

I
My friend my initial point was in response to your question about whether I know football is a team sport...I assure you, I have a bit if an idea about this, but will happily defer to your wisdom on such issues.

I agree, benching a player is an effective way. However, that player will likely then become "ghod" like Sheys Rezaei who verbally attacked Ghotbi for benching him. Karimi, needed to come down hard on these players...he is a no nonesense coach and he might turn things around.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #40
Oftadeh
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 17Oftadeh will become famous soon enoughOftadeh will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
Hmmm...I don't know man, I'm actually beginning to like Firouz Karimi. Esteghlal needs a swift kick in the pants, and this is the guy to do it. That other commentator was sayng that this is beneath our football to get these players to run in front of the cameras. Typical isn't it? That he cares about the "ghashangi" more about the substance.

I'm actually excited for esteghlal.
My take of it was the complete opposite. He was rambling, he clearly has no idea about a professional approach to dealing with a loss, and I am sorry for EsEs to have to suffer such a fool, even though I am a PP fan. The action he took was disgraceful, and his interview was low-class and disgraceful.
Oftadeh is offline   Reply With Quote