Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did he have to punish them in public?
Yes, those players needed this punishment! 6 21.43%
No, this was totally unnecessary! 8 28.57%
Yes, though not in public! 13 46.43%
No, I am against such punishments, be it in public or practice fields 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-16-2007, 05:00 AM   #21
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough
Re: Do u approve of Karimi's action?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babak View Post
yeah right.

Tu Gofti va maa ham Bavar kardim kazim khan-e Gheeyasi.
Yep. Not in there anymore. He was there when Branko and Daei (your heroes) were there.

I think he was on Navad the other week with Daei. Can anyone else confirm this? Anyway, the Navad about Firooz Karimi's actions should be interesting. I wonder if people come and say they would have hit the coach - as you did. Should be interesting indeed.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:04 AM   #22
Babak
Hall of famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
Yep. Not in there anymore. He was there when Branko and Daei (your heroes) were there.

I think he was on Navad the other week with Daei. Can anyone else confirm this? Anyway, the Navad about Firooz Karimi's actions should be interesting. I wonder if people come and say they would have hit the coach - as you did. Should be interesting indeed.
mods,

Please take note that yet another thread has been hijacked by Kaz.
Old 12-16-2007, 05:15 AM   #23
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
mods,

Please take note that yet another thread has been hijacked by Kaz.
Are you kidding me? You're the one who took it off-topic.

Quote:
BEH KHODA GASAM, if I was one of the playrs in SS that Firouz Karimi had done this to, I would have beat the living crap out of him right there on the field and then put in my resignation from the team the very next day.

Last edited by Kaz : 12-16-2007 at 05:40 AM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 05:19 AM   #24
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballdxb View Post
Rock jaan, Have you ever played club level football? Do you know what is it like to handle 30 players who all aim to be in the first team? Do you realize that Mr. Karimi is chosing his team and his subs for the matches? Do you realize that he has no choice but to use his best players and best formation up to his understanding of the game right now urgently? Do you know that football is a team game with 2 leaders one on the pitch and one of the pitch for each team?

Esteghlal has got a lot of delay in the course for the championship. Mr. F. Karimi cannot alone make Esteghlal be the top team again. HE needs his players to support him and trust him. The understanding of the situation, finding the proper solutions and resources for getting out of this situation along with his coaching staff and players is the way to go. For now, demonstrating who is the boss from the day one in such old fashion way... will not help the team ... this will increase the feeling of unjustice inbetween some players.

If Mr. F. Karimi during his training sessions with the team makes his team understand that his best and ready players will play and others regardless their names and reputations will not, he has already confirmed his notoriety and resolved "Who is the boss" issue. After all, a player cannot play if he is not on the coach's list for the match day. This is as simple as this! Ghotbi did it with Sheis, right?

My question is: Why he gets players who do not give their 100% into the game and include them in his formation in such important matches? If these players are not giving their 100% during the match, they have not given it all during the training sessions either. The match atmosphere pushes players to give the best of themselves.

My question is: Why not accepting the responsibility for a loss in front of the public and discussing the whole thing (in the way he thinks it is appropriate) with his team) behind the scenes? What is the point for Mr. Karimi to wash his responsible hands in front of the public by pointing his fingers on players right away after the defeat in front of the public?

And finally, the point for us to discuss Mr. Karimi for example is the whole point of participating in a forum.

Forza Iran
Well, let me respond to an intelligent member for a change.

I think you raise some good questions. But I also think there are some certain omissions that are raising some wrong ones. Karimi has only been in charge a few matches. In-game, how can he know who is going to give 100% if they aren't played enough to discern that? Secondly, he's gone on to say that if the team continues to play like this: resorting to the Youth team is an avenue he may have to take.

Then again, maybe he feels some players are not on his side and is testing them. Or that they're on his side but not giving enough - whatever he expects that to be.

These are all questions and assumptions. We need to hear more from the horses mouth, so to say.
Old 12-16-2007, 06:09 AM   #25
Cia

Rep Power: 23Cia has a spectacular aura aboutCia has a spectacular aura about

Babak,

What are you trying to achieve by publicising Kaz's last name? As far as I know he has not mentioned his last name on this site anywhere. Publicising of people's real names on an internet forum is a big no no for obvious reasons, unless of course they've done so already themselves.
Cia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 11:26 AM   #26
Hamidoo

Rep Power: 23Hamidoo will become famous soon enoughHamidoo will become famous soon enough

Babak will receive a red card for 6 months due to violation of following rules:

Quote:
Harassment & Intimidation: While debating is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, insults toward non Irankicks.com members, profanity, family insults or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

Examples:

You cannot use profanity to get your message across.

You cannot insult family members

You cannot insult players, coaches etc.

You cannot intimidate any member by continuously attacking them under different threads.

If a member wishes to be left alone you cannot force them to engage you.

Flaming: The act of calling into question someone's thoughts, beliefs, and parentage simply because you don't agree with them. It refers to any kind of derogatory comment no matter how witless or crude. Don't do it.

Religion and Politics:

Definition of Religion: All religions that exist or existed in Today's Iran.

Definition of Politics: Politics relating to Iran and Iranian people.

Members are not allowed to post religious or political topics. Members are not allowed to engage in any political or religious discussions. Members are not allowed to promote their religious or political ideologies. Members are not allowed to post links to political or religious websites. Members are not allowed to defame or insult another religion. Members are not allowed to insult another political group.

You are allowed to post religion celebration and greetings such as Christmas.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:33 AM   #27
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Rock jaan, Have you ever played club level football? Do you know what is it like to handle 30 players who all aim to be in the first team? Do you realize that Mr. Karimi is chosing his team and his subs for the matches? Do you realize that he has no choice but to use his best players and best formation up to his understanding of the game right now urgently? Do you know that football is a team game with 2 leaders one on the pitch and one of the pitch for each team?
No my friend, these are only things you have done and nobody else and that is why you are the authority on all these issues.

Quote:
Esteghlal has got a lot of delay in the course for the championship. Mr. F. Karimi cannot alone make Esteghlal be the top team again. HE needs his players to support him and trust him. The understanding of the situation, finding the proper solutions and resources for getting out of this situation along with his coaching staff and players is the way to go. For now, demonstrating who is the boss from the day one in such old fashion way... will not help the team ... this will increase the feeling of unjustice inbetween some players.

If Mr. F. Karimi during his training sessions with the team makes his team understand that his best and ready players will play and others regardless their names and reputations will not, he has already confirmed his notoriety and resolved "Who is the boss" issue. After all, a player cannot play if he is not on the coach's list for the match day. This is as simple as this! Ghotbi did it with Sheis, right?

My question is: Why he gets players who do not give their 100% into the game and include them in his formation in such important matches? If these players are not giving their 100% during the match, they have not given it all during the training sessions either. The match atmosphere pushes players to give the best of themselves.

My question is: Why not accepting the responsibility for a loss in front of the public and discussing the whole thing (in the way he thinks it is appropriate) with his team) behind the scenes? What is the point for Mr. Karimi to wash his responsible hands in front of the public by pointing his fingers on players right away after the defeat in front of the public?

And finally, the point for us to discuss Mr. Karimi for example is the whole point of participating in a forum.

Forza Iran
Different coaches have different coaching styles just like different heads of business, have different styles. Some are hardnosed some are not. The FACT of the matter is, this is going to be Karimi's coaching style. If you don't perform, he WILL call you out. This happens everywhere. In the NHL, if a player is seen to be not performing, the coach will bench him. He won't bench the team, he will bench the player and make an example out of him.

If the esteghlal player has quit because his delicate ego has been bruised, then you know that this player cared more about his money and pride rather than the team. Iranian club players think they are special and don't realize that they are part of a team that needs to win. Just because you get a big contract you're not special.

This is how it is going to be under Karimi, maybe he will succeed, maybe he won't. Esteghlal needed someone who will shake things up and so far seems like this is happening.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #28
Rock
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 15Rock will become famous soon enoughRock will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamidoo View Post
Babak will receive a red card for 6 months due to violation of following rules:
Santa, oh Santa, how did you know? Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! If not peace on earth, at least peace on IK...for the next 6 months.
Old 12-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #29
Ahmad18s
IK Forward

Rep Power: 17Ahmad18s will become famous soon enoughAhmad18s will become famous soon enough

I personally thought it was poruh to keep posting someone's full name. People posting on the internet should use discretion when argueing with someone. Though six months is a little long, a red card was deserved for posting someones full name in at least 12 different posts.

I don't think Karimi's actions were right at all. This is supposed to be a professional league, not some park league. Keep that stuff in practice.

Old 12-16-2007, 04:11 PM   #30
Bijanirani
IK Visitor

What a shame! I don't understand our players, coaches, and federation. Are we really professional????????????????!!!!!

I am not an SS fan, but I really feel bad for the team and its fan. However, nothing justifies what we are experiencing at the IPL. Coaches like Karimi, Misaghiyan, Azizi, Ziaei, etc. and their actions. Hitting themselves over the head, jumping up and down in front of TV and the fans, bad mouthing the referees, bad mouthing other coaches, handing down draconian punishments, refusing interviews when the loose, etc., etc., etc....

What a shame! What a disappointment!!!!

In the hope of better days.

Bijan