Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did he have to punish them in public?
Yes, those players needed this punishment! 6 21.43%
No, this was totally unnecessary! 8 28.57%
Yes, though not in public! 13 46.43%
No, I am against such punishments, be it in public or practice fields 1 3.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #11
Babak T
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 24Babak T will become famous soon enoughBabak T will become famous soon enough
Re: Do u approve of Karimi's action?

what forouzeh did is good for high schools
Babak T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-15-2007, 05:38 PM   #12
yavar
Hall of famer

در ايران تا بود ملا و مفتی
به روزبدتر از اینهم بیفتی

Hello Babak,, with your permission
yavar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 10:21 PM   #13
Babak
Hall of famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
To be honest, I had a problem with it, though I understood it. I think we live in a much too politically correct society these days.

The Esteghlal players have forgotten themselves and have lost their championship character. I feel dismayed that Talebloo is upset and wants to leave because of this. I would rather have players with the strength to push through and turn it around.

Maybe this is Firooz's test to see for himself who wants it bad enough? Who would humiliate himself for the squad? Who is putting the team above themself?

I wouldn't say it's a practice that other coaches should start copying, nevertheless I wouldn't deny that in extreme situations extreme innovations are usually needed.
extreme inovations are one thing my friend, humiliating people in public is uncalled for.
BEH KHODA GASAM, if I was one of the playrs in SS that Firouz Karimi had done this to, I would have beat the living crap out of him right there on the field and then put in my resignation from the team the very next day.

This is not the 1920s where Vince Lambardi would physically and imotionally humiliate players and they wouldnt say anything.
Old 12-16-2007, 01:30 AM   #14
footballdxb
IK Midfield

Rep Power: 16footballdxb has a spectacular aura aboutfootballdxb has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock View Post
I understand what you're saying and some it might be true, but there are two things we need to keep in mind. First the coach is new and he is trying to make the players know who the boss is, and this pretty much happens every where. The coach has to be tough.

Also, we have a problem with discipline in our sports. Heck, one of the club players was sleeping during the game (I forget which) and the coach threw the water bottle at him...see how bad it is.

When Ali Karimi went to Germany, it became clear that he is not diciplined enough and that was a complaint against him. So, while the punishment should have been handed to the entire team, the coach made an example out of these guys and in the BIG scheme of things, this is not the most horrible thing that has happened in the entire history of humanity and football. In fact, it is not even that big of a deal. But we like to make it a big a deal becuase we always like to lecture other people.
Rock jaan, Have you ever played club level football? Do you know what is it like to handle 30 players who all aim to be in the first team? Do you realize that Mr. Karimi is chosing his team and his subs for the matches? Do you realize that he has no choice but to use his best players and best formation up to his understanding of the game right now urgently? Do you know that football is a team game with 2 leaders one on the pitch and one of the pitch for each team?

Esteghlal has got a lot of delay in the course for the championship. Mr. F. Karimi cannot alone make Esteghlal be the top team again. HE needs his players to support him and trust him. The understanding of the situation, finding the proper solutions and resources for getting out of this situation along with his coaching staff and players is the way to go. For now, demonstrating who is the boss from the day one in such old fashion way... will not help the team ... this will increase the feeling of unjustice inbetween some players.

If Mr. F. Karimi during his training sessions with the team makes his team understand that his best and ready players will play and others regardless their names and reputations will not, he has already confirmed his notoriety and resolved "Who is the boss" issue. After all, a player cannot play if he is not on the coach's list for the match day. This is as simple as this! Ghotbi did it with Sheis, right?

My question is: Why he gets players who do not give their 100% into the game and include them in his formation in such important matches? If these players are not giving their 100% during the match, they have not given it all during the training sessions either. The match atmosphere pushes players to give the best of themselves.

My question is: Why not accepting the responsibility for a loss in front of the public and discussing the whole thing (in the way he thinks it is appropriate) with his team) behind the scenes? What is the point for Mr. Karimi to wash his responsible hands in front of the public by pointing his fingers on players right away after the defeat in front of the public?

And finally, the point for us to discuss Mr. Karimi for example is the whole point of participating in a forum.

Forza Iran
footballdxb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 03:05 AM   #15
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babak View Post
extreme inovations are one thing my friend, humiliating people in public is uncalled for.
BEH KHODA GASAM, if I was one of the playrs in SS that Firouz Karimi had done this to, I would have beat the living crap out of him right there on the field and then put in my resignation from the team the very next day.

This is not the 1920s where Vince Lambardi would physically and imotionally humiliate players and they wouldnt say anything.
Which is why you're not a pro nor are you the kind of person who should talk about others being uneducated and backward.

I am an Esteghlali. If I were a player I would do as the coach says, I would do my all for the team, and that means cop punishment. What? Am I too good to not run a few laps at the end of a game? That's harsh?

Now I am not saying I wouldn't be upset. But the team comes first, ego second. These are the best players in the league, no doubt about it. Talent isn't an issue. They need a mental wake-up. Maybe it needed a rude awakening, who knows?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:01 AM   #16
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 16Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
aghaye Kazem khan-e Gheyasi.....i dont think you or anyone whose family works for IFF should be lecturing others about backwardness. Now, your attitute explains why you are not a player and why you would never win anything at the competative level, cause you would be too busy having your lunch taken from you.
Now, if you ever have questions about my educations, come out here and I will show you.
backw
I know doctors (Ph.D) who are backward, it doesn't always correlate with education.

What the hell does any of the other things have to do with you not possessing one iota of the professionalism that these men supposedly do not possess?

You want to advocate professionalism and beating up the coach in the same sentence. You sure you're okay? Want to stop contradicting yourself?
Old 12-16-2007, 04:17 AM   #17
Babak
Hall of famer

Quote:
I know doctors (Ph.D) who are backward, it doesn't always correlate with education.

What the hell does any of the other things have to do with you not possessing one iota of the professionalism that these men supposedly do not possess?

You want to advocate professionalism and beating up the coach in the same sentence. You sure you're okay? Want to stop contradicting yourself?
aghaye [edited by Cia], Halaa cheraa atish gerefti. Maa keh chizi nagoftim.

U know PhD. people? wow......

Dont worry, I would probably control myself and not beat the man up. But, I sure wouldnt run for him. Well, unless someone from IFF threatened to throw away my career, then I would run until I drop.....

Last edited by Cia : 12-16-2007 at 06:10 AM.
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:34 AM   #18
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
aghaye Kazem-e Gheyaasi, Halaa cheraa atish gerefti. Maa keh chizi nagoftim.

U know PhD. people? wow......

Dont worry, I would probably control myself and not beat the man up. But, I sure wouldnt run for him. Well, unless someone from IFF threatened to throw away my career, then I would run until I drop.....

LOL, atish gereftam? It's not in my nature to take you seriously mate.

You said beat him up, so don't make it out as if someone here misunderstood you. If you wouldn't run for him, that's your prerogative, just be prepared to not play again for your club. If your ego doesn't allow some laps, then you're not fit to play for a club like Esteghlal.

Now as I said, if THIS was the reason Talebloo left, then I am disappointed. But if there ARE other things and this is merely one of them then I can understand his frustration.

The problem is it's only been 3 weeks and I have a tough time believing there has been all this drama. It's only come out since the running incident.
Old 12-16-2007, 04:46 AM   #19
Babak
Hall of famer

Quote:
Well, when you can see through someone...it's not a matter of optics.

ajaab.......nah baba.....lol.
[Edited by Cia], whose family works for IFF can see through people. Intersting...lol.

Last edited by Cia : 12-16-2007 at 06:23 AM.
Babak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 04:47 AM   #20
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
ajaab.......nah baba.....lol.

Kazem khan-e gheeyasi, whose family works for IFF can see through people. Intersting...lol.
Nope. My family doesn't. And what does this have to do with Firooz Karimi? Don't tell me you're hijacking the thread. Hamidoo hates that.