Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2018, 07:44 AM   #1
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

TM preparation games?

Any news on teame melli preparation games!
World Cup would soon start and I don't think Uzbekistan or Syria are really very usefull preparation games (more warm up games)

I mean if it is hard to find teams in Europe for friendly games, why not south america or Africa? Iran has good relation to south american or African countries

I mean games vs Brazil, Argentina, Venezuela, Bolivia, South Africa or Algeria etc could be more usefull than playing some weak teams

IFF planing is just disasterous!

Last edited by Ali_Europe : 04-09-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2018, 05:40 AM   #2
dariush-44
Hall of famer

Re: TM preparation games?

Here is the list according to ESPN - but Greece friendly is missing, but confirmed today by 90tv.ir

With IFF, of course none of these appear to be set in stone. I'll believe it, when I see it

dariush-44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:12 AM   #3
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Dariush jan good call with the IFF believe it when you see it. Now compared to four years ago that is not a bad list at all and some decent teams. We also played Algeria, beat them 2-1, lost Tunisia, tied @ Russia 1-1, beat Venezuela 1-0, beat Panama 2-1 and beat Montenegro. We still have asR$holes Uzbekistan(couldn't resist Borat), Turkey, Lithuania, Greece(pending). That was better than four years ago when we played against two powerhouse teams, Bulgaria, Trinidad and Tobago so it could be worse!
Old 04-12-2018, 12:34 PM   #4
Farooq
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwin View Post
Dariush jan good call with the IFF believe it when you see it. Now compared to four years ago that is not a bad list at all and some decent teams. We also played Algeria, beat them 2-1, lost Tunisia, tied @ Russia 1-1, beat Venezuela 1-0, beat Panama 2-1 and beat Montenegro. We still have asR$holes Uzbekistan(couldn't resist Borat), Turkey, Lithuania, Greece(pending). That was better than four years ago when we played against two powerhouse teams, Bulgaria, Trinidad and Tobago so it could be worse!
Yeah, I think parking the bus and counter attacking is the only preparation we need this point. Somebody say hello to Ronaldo, Isco, Inesta, Sergio Ramos and Mehdi Benatia for me.
Farooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 06:29 AM   #5
Jashar

Rep Power: 60Jashar has a spectacular aura aboutJashar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwin View Post
We still have asR$holes Uzbekistan(couldn't resist Borat), Turkey, Lithuania, Greece(pending).
Borat is from Kazakhstan!

=D
Jashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 11:01 PM   #6
KavehOC
StatsMan

While the list is better than 4 years ago, the reality is that aside from Algeria and Tunisia that prepare us for Morocco, we have no prep match with the European teams to get us closer to Spain and Portugal.

On the other hand, who would you pick that would play similar to those two?
KavehOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 11:45 AM   #7
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavehOC View Post
While the list is better than 4 years ago, the reality is that aside from Algeria and Tunisia that prepare us for Morocco, we have no prep match with the European teams to get us closer to Spain and Portugal.

IFF is really not capable of a smart planing.. even if some european nations would refuse to Play vs Iran cuz of political situation, IFF could at least request friendly games vs teams with good relation to IRAN, for example they could pick teams from following list

in Europe: Belarus, Croatia, Bosnia, Russia, Turkey, Greece, Armenia (specially Croatians Play good attack football)

in South America: Bolivia, Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina (remind you south american teams Play similar to Spain or Portugal)

In Africa: Algeria, Nigeria, South Africa

But IFF once again waits and wastes time and the end just get some weak friendlies
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 12:26 PM   #8
Farooq
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KavehOC View Post

The best prep for Portugal and Spain would be laying top teams like Italy, France, England, Brazil, Argentina or Barca and Madrid.
Farooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 12:33 AM   #9
KavehOC
StatsMan

I agree...I have a feeling Argentina would have played us given the great game of 2014...certainly Italy would have been a good test and so would have Netherlands with their offensive minded style of play.
KavehOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:53 AM   #10
Jashar

Rep Power: 60Jashar has a spectacular aura aboutJashar has a spectacular aura about

I gave up on IFF. It has been always the same.t kinda feels as if IK was never gone.
We were pi$$ed at IFFs incompetency back in 2009, and now in 2018 the federation is still giving us headaches before big tournaments.

=D
Jashar is offline   Reply With Quote