Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > In-Depth football discussions
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 09:46 PM   #21
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 17Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough
Re: Let's discuss Iran-Taipei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sina
Dear Kazem

With all fairness lets not make this thread about Daei. We were just simply putting down our ideas on this game and how bad or good we executed. Honestly I believe you are being biased when you give a free pass to Akbarpour and on the other hand ignoring whatever Daei did for the team yesterday.

Contrary to you I believe Daei played OK and my problem was the fact that he played 90 full minutes and opportunity was not given to other players like Borhani and Rajabzadeh to play in this game. There was no reason for Daei to start IMO.

Akbarpour was nothing short of terrible. He did not pass the ball around and rather selfishly wanted to finish things up himself. That even got the criticism of his teammate at some point in the game. He had one horrible shot near the goal and missed two other opportunities. In fact if you want to compare him to Daei , the oldman was yek saro gardan better

Again I dont have a problem with Daei but how we approached this game and our team's strategy. Lets not make this thread about Daei vs this or that...

Also please lets not concern ourselves with If this or that happenned. We are discussing what actually occured here and nothing else.
I'm sorry Sina jaan, where in my post did I say Akbarpour played well? In my opinion he was very disappointing. Excuse my manner of arguing. I may not even believe what I preach sometimes but I wish to bring both accounts to the forum. If one side is on the absolute left of the spectrum, even if I'm in the middle, I'll present an opinion situated at the total right of the spectrum just to give the argument some perspective.

In truth, the two things I am biased about: Branko leaving, Daei retiring. I cannot help it, I want the best for my nation I guess. It isn't personal. Cheers.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:49 PM   #22
Kaz
IK Defender

Rep Power: 17Kaz will become famous soon enoughKaz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Amir
Sina Jan,

I don't even read what he posts.

I just scroll down when I see his username on the left of the screen.
And when I imagine how much time he spent writing these stuff which I don't even read, then thats my biggest satisfaction
On the contrary I love reading your posts. If I get one laugh in the whole day it comes from you. Cheers
Old 02-23-2006, 10:09 PM   #23
Sina
Banned

Dear Kaz

Yes, I saw that you were critical of Akbarpour but then you added that he has the potentials and given the opportunity he will do better next time.

Dude with what I saw from him the other day there is no next time for him. He was worse than Khatibi IMO. Lets not forget that Rasoul was setting up players in the first half and only when he started taking his stab at the goal everything started falling apart.

In some way these are not the players' fault. They sit on the bench for too long that when they get into the game they see the need to do something spectacular. So many of these guys play so awesome for their clubs and are playing sub club level when it comes to the national team. Honestly I dont know the reason for that. It is not like Branko is too willing to give youngsters a chance. It happens once in years.

Again I believe our mentality of sending crosses is flawed since Daei can also work on the ground. We just need better techniques and strategies approaching this game. Why should we insist on the right footed Zare to send crosses from the left side when Madanchi is sitting on the bench? Branko has been with this team for more than four years and he doesn know his players yet?

We should be way over arranging them by now and instead focusing more on strategies, physical fitness, and other things. This to me is unacceptable.

Last edited by Sina : 02-23-2006 at 10:26 PM.
Sina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 10:20 PM   #24
Kaz
IK Defender

Sina jaan I agree totally.

Firstly, In regards to Akbarpour, I do not know why he played bad. He plays very well in the league and he played awful here, no excuses. Whether we like it or not, it probably was his last chance. In a way I think he knew it as well, and I think psychologically, he and Khatibi were burdened because of it. However, no excuses. This is a team that Palestine beat 8-0.

In regards to ground work, I also agree. We have players with high technical skills that would do better with a ground game. If we were to try and input fast and technical players in this team, it would change the make-up of build-up play.

Like you, I also fear that this close to the World Cup we're still very unorganised. There is no cohesive body, even with the first team. This isn't a new phenomena and this fact has been expressed throughout the past year. Some people hear a boom, some people hear a ding, and then they go arguing over who has better hearing not noticing that whatever the sound....there IS one.

Last edited by Kaz : 02-23-2006 at 10:22 PM.
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:05 AM   #25
dashali
Hall of famer

Icon13 Re: Let's discuss Iran-Taipei

1 cent...
Branko failed again...
many players in the camp.....
yet we see the same players as before....
Akbarpour and Enayatie could have scored more than Daei, Khtibi combination...

Jabari.....well played but don't forget....Karimi is playing his position,,,,
I don't think jabari wiil see much playing time in Germany,,,,,or overall, in team melli.....unless he changes his position,,,,

Khatibi.....nervous....that's all, he knew that the coach is watching him... so, he was not the same player who dribles and go toward goal...he wanted to pass more and make less mistakes, yet he made more...

Akbarpour.....totally nervous....you could see it from his face,,,,he was another player who was not himself...

Teymouriyan....was great, but again, won't see him playing...KIA is there... also, bet you that because of his celebration after his goal.... he won't see much playing time....you do not put cross...this is JOMHORIE ESLAMI...

overall...nothing to discuss,,,,as Kaiser said

Iranetehhhhhhhh
dashali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:10 AM   #26
fakhfour
IK Goal Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashali
...Jabari.....well played but don't forget....Karimi is playing his position,,,,.
Don't you think he can take Zare's place?
Old 02-24-2006, 08:31 AM   #27
Kaz
IK Defender

Zareh will, if he is picked, play in defense. 23 player squad will probably include 2 players from each position. Unless utility players are taken into account, there won't be other inclusions.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:56 AM   #28
fakhfour
IK Goal Keeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz
Zareh will, if he is picked, play in defense. 23 player squad will probably include 2 players from each position. Unless utility players are taken into account, there won't be other inclusions.
this time he was more like a piston or a wing than a def. no?
Old 02-24-2006, 09:35 AM   #29
dashali
Hall of famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakhfour
Don't you think he can take Zare's place?
oh yes...there are many players who can play ZARE's position.... the question is:
who is behind ZARE? connection got him there and he is still there...
Iranetehhhhh
dashali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:29 AM   #30
Kaz
IK Defender

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakhfour
this time he was more like a piston or a wing than a def. no?
LOL. I'd avoid trying to rationalise any inclusion of his. As Dashali said...

I hope Jabbari is in the team, though.