Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > In-Depth football discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2006, 09:24 PM   #1
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 21PersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enoughPersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enough
We Could have had more INternational friendlies!

We should have had 6 quality friendlies set up before the world cup. 2 with south american teams, the Costa Rica match is acceptable because they are similar to mexico....2 with european teams, preferrably spain, maybe even greece, turkey, any quality european national team willing to play with us, and 2 with african teams, i would chose nations like Senegal, Ghana or Tunisia or even Egypt....

i kno the reasons we cant have the friendlies we want, has maybe little to do with branko, or even Daadkan (although he is part of the problem and system, but i will not go into politics)... the political atmosphere of the world does not permit any nations to play us, this planning should have happened IMMEDIATELY after groups were assigned, and at that time the pressure was on Iran, but we werent in the public eye as we have been recently... thats why i still say IFF is incompetent.... although the reason they cant get friendlies now is not entirely their fault and is a bigger problem, this could have been prevented with proper planning

senior members agreed?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #2
Oftadeh
IK Goal Keeper

Rep Power: 17Oftadeh will become famous soon enoughOftadeh will become famous soon enough
Re: We Could have had more INternational friendlies!

Given the point you raise about the IFF being incompetent, I have
just writen some comments about this issue in the thread below and
it would be good to see what people on this forum think in response:

http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/showthread.php?t=38156
Oftadeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 09:17 PM   #3
romario187
IK Midfield

Actually I disagree with some of your points.

First and foremost, planned friendlies against top Europeans would have been cancelled anyways! A great example is Romania! The team failed to play a good game against Macedonia and therefore missed on its chance to play Paraguay.

The issue is no one wants to travel to Iran, and I think team meli should've played a couple of games in Europe! Set up games in Canada against Latin American teams. Iran could have been the host team (rent the stadium, etc) and make a crap load of money from it! Iran did the same thing for its games here in USA a few years ago. A full house in Canada would make Iran a lot more money than it would in Iran. The problem is our short sightedness and our unfortunate lack of appetite for away games!
Old 03-28-2006, 01:40 PM   #4
PersianPlaya408
Hall of famer

Rep Power: 21PersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enoughPersianPlaya408 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by romario187
Actually I disagree with some of your points.

First and foremost, planned friendlies against top Europeans would have been cancelled anyways! A great example is Romania! The team failed to play a good game against Macedonia and therefore missed on its chance to play Paraguay.

The issue is no one wants to travel to Iran, and I think team meli should've played a couple of games in Europe! Set up games in Canada against Latin American teams. Iran could have been the host team (rent the stadium, etc) and make a crap load of money from it! Iran did the same thing for its games here in USA a few years ago. A full house in Canada would make Iran a lot more money than it would in Iran. The problem is our short sightedness and our unfortunate lack of appetite for away games!
i agree with you.... about games being played abroad.... however if these friendlies were planned when they should have been.... the teams could not back out all of the sudden... the reason the romanians or other teams didnt want to come to iran is because the arrangements for the friendlies were made within the last couple of months.... i am saying soon as we qualified like 1 year ago or more... we should have started arranging friendies, which our beloved (ahem sag) daadkan didnt do
Old 04-05-2009, 01:30 PM   #5
Wahani
IK Visitor

I agree lack of proper preparation (not enough friendlies with quality teams), changing formations and players, and lack vision from both the head-coach and IFF. Since I don't know these people personally, I can only assume that they are not really qualified to do the job. What happened to all freelance journalists on this forum, I would really like to see some journalistic fact finding and investigative reporting on all these matters. They would probably be the best qualified people to do this.

Last edited by Wahani : 04-06-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Wahani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:30 AM   #6
highflyerreborn
IK Head Coach

Rep Power: 21highflyerreborn will become famous soon enoughhighflyerreborn will become famous soon enough

Lets be happy with 1 friendly 4 is atreat don't get carried away