Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2018, 11:53 AM   #1
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about
CQ asking FIFA to intervene after NIKE snub

I am sure by now you all heard of the Nike snub. To refresh people's memory NIKE CEO Mark Parker seems to want to kiss Donald Trump's rear end. Because he pulled out of the deal, joke where is Stormy Daniels when you need her, Mark Parker decided not to give cleats to Iranian National Football team, aka Team Melli. Not only that but they cancelled Ghoddos's contract as well.

The problem is there is not much FIFA can do about this. Nike is not a football federation they are a corporation. As a corporation you have the right to refuse service to people you do not want to do business with. However, that has ramifications. I wanted to get a couple of Nike USC polo shirts(my alma mater) and for father's day a Nike Michigan St jacket. I cancelled the orders and it was over $200. I am sure I am not the only one who is going to boycott Nike. If you want to send a message, don't do business with corporations like Nike. This way, they will think twice writing an angry email to someone in HR is not going to do anything.
http://zeenews.india.com/sports/fifa...t-2114719.html
Old 06-08-2018, 03:25 PM   #2
Farooq
IK Visitor

Re: CQ asking FIFA to intervene after NIKE snub

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwin View Post
I am sure by now you all heard of the Nike snub. To refresh people's memory NIKE CEO Mark Parker seems to want to kiss Donald Trump's rear end. Because he pulled out of the deal, joke where is Stormy Daniels when you need her, Mark Parker decided not to give cleats to Iranian National Football team, aka Team Melli. Not only that but they cancelled Ghoddos's contract as well.

The problem is there is not much FIFA can do about this. Nike is not a football federation they are a corporation. As a corporation you have the right to refuse service to people you do not want to do business with. However, that has ramifications. I wanted to get a couple of Nike USC polo shirts(my alma mater) and for father's day a Nike Michigan St jacket. I cancelled the orders and it was over $200. I am sure I am not the only one who is going to boycott Nike. If you want to send a message, don't do business with corporations like Nike. This way, they will think twice writing an angry email to someone in HR is not going to do anything.
http://zeenews.india.com/sports/fifa...t-2114719.html

I guess Joo Show strikes again. This time in soccer. I think you are taking the right approach. Nike is overpriced consumer crap anyway. I have a bunion on my feet and I was researching the best sneakers for insole support. New Balance and couple of other brands are the best. Nike is just for show. Boycott all Nike products and all American products in general.
Farooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 07:16 PM   #3
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
I guess Joo Show strikes again. This time in soccer. I think you are taking the right approach. Nike is overpriced consumer crap anyway. I have a bunion on my feet and I was researching the best sneakers for insole support. New Balance and couple of other brands are the best. Nike is just for show. Boycott all Nike products and all American products in general.
I think you are right about the Joo show but that is just an excuse. I think the real reason might be Nike CEO Mark Parker is getting even at Iran because Adidas makes our kits. He has no problem with KSA despite their history because they are sponsored by Nike. I think Nike is overpriced and overrated. They rely on the brand recognition to sell, they are like the Apple of the clothing world.

Thank God Germany, Russia, Iran and Bayern Munich are all sponsored by Adidas I have all four kits to stay true to my roots. I told my family in Europe and USA to boycott Nike. My Russian fam brought up a point, they know we have problems but they think this is just western propaganda.
As or running shoes, when I was in the US Navy I noticed they gave us New balance shoes. The reason is because NB shoes can take a beating and you can run or quite a bit, without it hurting. I recommend swim and I do that for my MMA training. You don't take a beating on your joints and you burn 200 calories more an hr vs running.

I talked to my family boycott Nike. I told them Europe and USA to boycott them and they agreed. The Russian side were the most pissed, calling it Western propaganda and I tend to agree with them.

Last edited by Sherwin : 06-08-2018 at 11:34 PM.
Sherwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 01:05 PM   #4
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

Iran can probally go back to Uhlsport..since Uhlsport offers German quality and since it doesn't do much business in USA, I don't think they would be afraid of any sanctions:

Last edited by Ali_Europe : 06-12-2018 at 01:08 PM.
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 03:05 PM   #5
Sherwin

Ali Europe UHL is ok but Iran can also continue to remain with Adidas. I don't think Adidas HQ Herzogenaurach is not worried about sanctions. I think Adidas designs are much nicer. I have authentic Die Mannschaft green, white and home Rossiyskaya Federatsiya, Iran's previous white, and 2017 Bayern. Puma is also located in Herozenaurch. I find Puma and Nike to be overpriced and Adidas gives 15% military discounts.

Last edited by Sherwin : 06-12-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Sherwin is offline   Reply With Quote