Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Coach's Corner
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #51
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about
Re: What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Thats very interesting story. I'm getting my second Phd (first was a JD) in Public Policy and Admin, which is very similar to an MBA. I agree you dont need a MBA to start a business but it does look nice and might get you to the head of the line at your favorite iroony restaurant. I also lived in Las Vegas for the past 3 years before I got back to California. If you are still there, message me and I'll hit you up with my friends number. He is a Armenian-Iranian, drives for uber, used to run some pizza joints and plays soccer.
That is so cool man I was thinking about Law School, even took the LSAT and got accepted into a few top 25 law schools. The problem is I think I was just trying to impress my family and be something I was not. I agree with you, an MBA is not necessary to run a business however, an MBA is like a tool. Consider an MBA like a chain saw for the lumberjack. Sure the lumberjack could chop down that tree with the axe the old school way or he could use the chain saw and cut his time drastically. Oh and of course I will shoot you a PM no problem I do not know any Iranian Americans here in Las Vegas. I have plenty of German and Russian friends here, we have a big German and Russian community, that should make my mom happy.

However, there are NOT too many Iranians Americans who permanently live here. Most come from LA or Bay Area e.t.c. I played the other football, I could have played college ball somewhere however I decided to focus on my studies. It is hard to manage sports and engineering. Also, I do not have to get a doctorate but it is always nice to have and I always wanted to go into education, teach kids and run a business

Since I do not have an education degree, that Ed.D in Organizational Leadership can combine MBA and law. I might still go to UNLV Sam Boyd Law School(top 75 program) because I have a Jewish friend Mr. Weinsteen who is a big shot in Corporate Law. I do not know if you heard of him but his dad wrote books on Corporate Law. The only thing is I am 36, I don't know if I have the energy to go through law school, I should have done that when I was 26. Maybe I need to be realistic. Public Policy and Admin is very similar to MBA. So what do you want to get a 2nd PHD in and why if you already have a J.D is a 2nd Ph.D really necessary for your career? Just asking because I don't know too many people who have a JD and a Ph.D. Best of luck to you man na zdrovie. Side note that does not mean cheers, that is hollywood. Russians like to drink to your health and that is what it means. Foreigners also pronounce it Nostrovia, wrong. Anyways, I will shoot you that PM, appreciate it mate. I need to socialize with some Iranian Americans.

Last edited by Sherwin : 04-11-2018 at 11:41 PM.
Sherwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2018, 12:07 AM   #52
Farooq
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwin View Post
That is so cool man I was thinking about Law School, even took the LSAT and got accepted into a few top 25 law schools. The problem is I think I was just trying to impress my family and be something I was not. I agree with you, an MBA is not necessary to run a business however, an MBA is like a tool. Consider an MBA like a chain saw for the lumberjack. Sure the lumberjack could chop down that tree with the axe the old school way or he could use the chain saw and cut his time drastically. Oh and of course I will shoot you a PM no problem I do not know any Iranian Americans here in Las Vegas. I have plenty of German and Russian friends here, we have a big German and Russian community, that should make my mom happy.

However, there are NOT too many Iranians Americans who permanently live here. Most come from LA or Bay Area e.t.c. I played the other football, I could have played college ball somewhere however I decided to focus on my studies. It is hard to manage sports and engineering. Also, I do not have to get a doctorate but it is always nice to have and I always wanted to go into education, teach kids and run a business

Since I do not have an education degree, that Ed.D in Organizational Leadership can combine MBA and law. I might still go to UNLV Sam Boyd Law School(top 75 program) because I have a Jewish friend Mr. Weinsteen who is a big shot in Corporate Law. I do not know if you heard of him but his dad wrote books on Corporate Law. The only thing is I am 36, I don't know if I have the energy to go through law school, I should have done that when I was 26. Maybe I need to be realistic. Public Policy and Admin is very similar to MBA. So what do you want to get a 2nd PHD in and why if you already have a J.D is a 2nd Ph.D really necessary for your career? Just asking because I don't know too many people who have a JD and a Ph.D. Best of luck to you man na zdrovie. Side note that does not mean cheers, that is hollywood. Russians like to drink to your health and that is what it means. Foreigners also pronounce it Nostrovia, wrong. Anyways, I will shoot you that PM, appreciate it mate. I need to socialize with some Iranian Americans.
Well, I went to law school for the wrong reasons. Friends and family kudos are not enough to drive you through all that shit. I did graduate but the California bar is terribly difficult and no poser is going to pass that test. I feel like I could possibly pass it now but practicing law is very challenging and not some half-*** thing.

After law school, I applied I applied to some doctorate programs in mythology and Asian studies but nobody bought my proposal which was about the origins of Sufism. Public Policy was just really to help me develop as a writer which now, also seems foolish. I'm working on dissertation on medical reform and complementary alternative medicine. Hopefully, I'lll be done soon.
Farooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 12:36 AM   #53
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Well, I went to law school for the wrong reasons. Friends and family kudos are not enough to drive you through all that shit. I did graduate but the California bar is terribly difficult and no poser is going to pass that test. I feel like I could possibly pass it now but practicing law is very challenging and not some half-*** thing.

After law school, I applied I applied to some doctorate programs in mythology and Asian studies but nobody bought my proposal which was about the origins of Sufism. Public Policy was just really to help me develop as a writer which now, also seems foolish. I'm working on dissertation on medical reform and complementary alternative medicine. Hopefully, I'lll be done soon.
For sure bro and i feel the same way. I could probably pass the bar be it CA or NV, in my case it would be NV. Like you said familial pressure is the wrong reason to attend LS. I already did that once by pleasing people, when I studied engineering the first time. Now I am going to do what I want and everyone I know thinks I would make a good educator. I prefer kids and again to start that business, have some rental income.

I do not need to become a lawyer because I will be making more $$$ than a lawyer anyways. Life is too short and let me break this one down. There are 24 hours in a day and we sleep for eight hours. Another 8 hours is filled by our work. Do you want to work somewhere that you will hate and dread going to or do you want to look forward to it? Then you have 8 hours of free time but if you do what you love, those 8 hours will not feel like work. What is your 2nd Ph.D that you will study?
Old 05-23-2018, 02:15 PM   #54
iraqi80
IK Visitor

Wow, so 2009 is the year irankicks forum closed.
I swear I remember when i came for a visit one day, and it was closed, thatís it, end of story.
The biggest Iraqi online forum (aliraqi.org) also closed suddenly.
Itís so strange, because in some weird way, it was like a second family.
As i mentioned in another thread, Facebook didnít leave any competition.

I have one kid now (boy), and have been with my wife since 2008.

Nostalgia makes me so emotional, welcome back everyone.
Old 05-23-2018, 03:17 PM   #55
Sherwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqi80 View Post
Wow, so 2009 is the year irankicks forum closed.
I swear I remember when i came for a visit one day, and it was closed, thatís it, end of story.
The biggest Iraqi online forum (aliraqi.org) also closed suddenly.
Itís so strange, because in some weird way, it was like a second family.
As i mentioned in another thread, Facebook didnít leave any competition.

I have one kid now (boy), and have been with my wife since 2008.

Nostalgia makes me so emotional, welcome back everyone.
I used to visit Al Iraqi forum and I enjoyed that place. I remember in 2009, I finished Navy boot camp. I was so excited to post about my experience, only to find IK was closed.
With the Cambridge scandal and certain political views being censored, only older people are on FB. Younger people are now on Twitter, Instigram or Snapchat. I am surprised Al Iraqi closed down because there were a lot of members, btw everyone was very warm to me, they knew I was German Russian and Irooni mix but they accepted me. I wanted to stop by and say Salmawalkaoom but I don't know when Al Iraqi was closed. Ik was closed in 2009 but recently our very own Jashar jan convinced Perjad to re open it.
Old 05-23-2018, 04:20 PM   #56
iraqi80
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherwin View Post
I used to visit Al Iraqi forum and I enjoyed that place. I remember in 2009, I finished Navy boot camp. I was so excited to post about my experience, only to find IK was closed.
With the Cambridge scandal and certain political views being censored, only older people are on FB. Younger people are now on Twitter, Instigram or Snapchat. I am surprised Al Iraqi closed down because there were a lot of members, btw everyone was very warm to me, they knew I was German Russian and Irooni mix but they accepted me. I wanted to stop by and say Salmawalkaoom but I don't know when Al Iraqi was closed. Ik was closed in 2009 but recently our very own Jashar jan convinced Perjad to re open it.

Aliraqi had 5000 members, it was a Very active forum.
But the problem for me was the political and religious discussions.
Even though the religion debate was not allowed, the attack on the Shia iraqis and always paint them as Iranians, was very common.
I never had that anti Iran gene inside of me.
At the end, the Iranians helped Iraq in the fight against the ISIS scum.
What Can we do man, Iraq is far from being an homogenous country, itís not easy being Iraqi.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:22 PM   #57
Sherwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraqi80 View Post
Aliraqi had 5000 members, it was a Very active forum.
But the problem for me was the political and religious discussions.
Even though the religion debate was not allowed, the attack on the Shia iraqis and always paint them as Iranians, was very common.
I never had that anti Iran gene inside of me.
At the end, the Iranians helped Iraq in the fight against the ISIS scum.
What Can we do man, Iraq is far from being an homogenous country, itís not easy being Iraqi.
That is horrible and I saw that as well. I guess because I am German, Russian and Azeri, I never had that hatred to Iraqi's or even Arabs. At the end, Iran tried to do their bests to help Iraq out. I understand and Iran is similar to Iraq you have different cultures, it is heterogeneous. You have Azeri, Armenian, Assurian, even 3% Arabs in Iran. One popular Arab player for Iran was Hossein Kaabi he was really fast.

One problem in Iran is there is still prejudice if you are not Persian. It doesn't matter if you are light skinned, say Azeri, that won't help. Anyways unfortunately idiots have to ring religion and politics into it and ruin it for everyone, it really is a shame when that happens be it in Europe, ME region or anywhere. Iran and Iraq have some of the same prole ms but that is to be expected with old world cultures.