Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Iran Football Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2017, 07:02 PM   #1
Farooq
IK Visitor

Team Melli formation/players

Here is my list of starting players

Taremi - Ansarifard -Azmoun

Shojei - Jahanbakhsh - Dejagah

4 big defenders who never go forward but are good in the air for corner kicks.

Subtitute Goochanejad and Hagighi (forward) up front or as starter. A big guy up front can give us that Ali Daei aerial threat.

Last edited by Farooq : 12-23-2017 at 07:06 PM.
Farooq is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2017, 05:38 PM   #2
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

Re: Team Melli formation/players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farooq View Post
Here is my list of starting players

Taremi - Ansarifard -Azmoun

Shojei - Jahanbakhsh - Dejagah

4 big defenders who never go forward but are good in the air for corner kicks.

Subtitute Goochanejad and Hagighi (forward) up front or as starter. A big guy up front can give us that Ali Daei aerial threat.
what aboz Ando? I thought he was in the team too!
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2017, 11:47 PM   #3
dariush-44
Hall of famer

I think he'll be missing - I think CQ is taking a younger squad. I haven't heard of Ando in a while. He'll go down alongside Edmond Boozik as one of the best.

I sure miss his gheyrat and fight on the field

dariush-44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2017, 05:03 AM   #4
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariush-44 View Post
I think he'll be missing - I think CQ is taking a younger squad. I haven't heard of Ando in a while. He'll go down alongside Edmond Boozik as one of the best.

I sure miss his gheyrat and fight on the field

I am ok with the idea of younger players, but I think in a world cup some experienced older players could be really usefull, cuz young players without worldcup experience could have problems with huge psyhological and mental stress. And by mentioning experienced players of course I dont want to see a situation like Daei in 2006... but Ando is very fit for his age and he has worldcup experience, as you meentioned his passion and energy could influence the whole team positive.. I think he would be very usefull...and the coach could let him play some 70 min and substitude him, if his performance would weaken during game.
Old 12-27-2017, 04:48 PM   #5
Keano
IK Coach

Rep Power: 20Keano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura about
Icon6 Re: Team Melli formation/players

I love Ando, however his days of being a great footballer is over. He doesn't even impress in his club anymore. It's a shame, because he was always an amazing and gheyrati player. His football went down the hill when his contract/transfer from TS to Esteghlal was nullified by FIFA, due to imposed punishment by FIFA (Thanks to our club management's incompetency)

We have much younger and great/experienced players such as Ezatollahi, Ebrahimi for that position, making it almost impossible for Ando to get re-invited. Unless he crazily impresses in the next 2-3 months, for I do not see it coming.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:07 PM   #6
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano View Post
I love Ando, however his days of being a great footballer is over. He doesn't even impress in his club anymore. It's a shame, because he was always an amazing and gheyrati player. His football went down the hill when his contract/transfer from TS to Esteghlal was nullified by FIFA, due to imposed punishment by FIFA (Thanks to our club management's incompetency)

We have much younger and great/experienced players such as Ezatollahi, Ebrahimi for that position, making it almost impossible for Ando to get re-invited. Unless he crazily impresses in the next 2-3 months, for I do not see it coming.
but wasn't he just recently Chosen as TM captain?
Old 01-27-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
Farooq
IK Visitor

I am Farooq. Does anybody still follow TM? Ando boy was never that good. He was just a hardworking armenian guy with a terrible shot and big ego. if we need somebody back from retirement, it should be Nekounam. There is still nobody better than him in the DM position and his experience against Spain could be very valuable. I've seen this guy stop Barcelona and Real Madrid in an Osasuna shirt. He could make a great comeback.

Here is how I would incorporate him.

-----------GK-------------
Pooladi---Hoessini-----Hajsafi
-------- Nekounam----------
Dejagah --Jahanbaksch---Shojei
Azmoun-- Ansarifard-----Teremi

Sub Gochenajad for Aansarifard

Last edited by Farooq : 01-27-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:39 PM   #8
Keano
IK Coach

Rep Power: 20Keano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura aboutKeano has a spectacular aura about
Icon6 Re: Team Melli formation/players

Farooq jaan,

Although I do agree that Nekounam was a much better and more garnished defensive midfielder than Ando. However to call Ando's shots garbage and with big ego, as you just put it is a little unfair and over-exaggerated. He scored many beautiful long range goals for both TM and his clubs.
Old 01-30-2018, 09:34 AM   #9
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keano View Post
Farooq jaan,

Although I do agree that Nekounam was a much better and more garnished defensive midfielder than Ando. However to call Ando's shots garbage and with big ego, as you just put it is a little unfair and over-exaggerated. He scored many beautiful long range goals for both TM and his clubs.
I just appreciate both players for their careers, Ando and Nekounam did a lot for Team e Melli, I respect both of their game. for formations go, under CQ I think Iran needs to stick with the 4-2-3-1 or the 4-4-2. We used to rely on a few key individuals and we used to play hero ball. CQ changed the culture, now we are playing team football and this little thing called defense. Now we can generate our offense through our defense and our defense is an asset, not a liability. I know we are in the group of death but we have a fighter's chance. Whomever wins the first game Iran v Morocco, will have a chance and it won't be easy because Morocco didn't concede a goal in WCQ so they too have a good D.
Old 01-31-2018, 03:07 PM   #10
Farooq
IK Visitor

What are the characteristic of Iranian soccer players? I am not a big fan of PGL, but I think Iranian soccer players show strengths in long range shots and dribbling.

I think CQ's philosophy is too defensive and although that may work in WCQ, it is not a good way to evolve Iranian soccer.

Who are the best play makers in the PGL right and the best long range shooters?