Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > International Football Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
Ali.I.Karimi
IK Visitor

Things that have to be cleared up about Bahrain

Ok, im tired of fighting some of this stuff in every thread, so I'm hoping I can end it here.

1. Bahrain spends millions on football.

Wrong. Bahrain is not the richest country in the gulf , its probably not even fourth richest. We get money from other Gulf Countries as well , so don't accuse us of bribing anyone.

2. We buy players.

Wrong. We are also the smallest gulf country (size) and second smallest in population, and the fact that every player is Bahraini is something we are proud of. Unlike Qatar, they spend alot and they buy players, all our players are Bahraini. The is one exception only , and he never plays.

3. We raised flags when Saudi won , we are Saudi's pets.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. We raised flags, but its because we were happy for Saudi. In the Bahrain Trinidad match, people from Qatar came with Bahraini flags and Qatari flags and waved both during the match. You could also see some saudi flags and some saudi players came for support as well. If you watch any arab channels you would have heard prior to the match at least one person wishing Bahrain good luck. I was watching the Qatari league when the announcer said it while talking about the quality of the league.

4. We bribed the FA to get a replay against Uzbekistan.

WRONG. They ASKED for a replay, they wanted 3-0 but the AFC wouldn't give them that. So they accepted a replay and tied. It has nothing to do with Bahrain ! 3-0 is ludicrous anyway so don't say we bribed the AFC.

5. Bahrain is oil rich , Sheik filled, desert loving, camel people land.

Ok, Bahrain doesn't have too much oil , it has some natural gas but less than Qatar.

We have Sheiks but a large part of our population is Shi'ite , and a good portion of Irani decent.

Desert loving. Bahrain was a tropical island until about 50 years ago, there were palm trees and sweet water. Then the goverment digged up the sea , salt water got it and the plants died.

Camel people. There are camels but not too many, hardly any. No one uses them to get from place to place anyway.
[COLOR=LightBlue]0000>[/COLOR][COLOR=red]########[/COLOR]
[COLOR=silver]0000>[/COLOR][COLOR=Red]########[/COLOR]
[/CENTER][/SIZE]
Ali.I.Karimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2005, 11:42 AM   #2
ZoRo
IK Visitor

Re: Things that have to be cleared up about Bahrain

Reason for Editing:

Last edited by ZoRo : 11-22-2005 at 04:49 PM.
ZoRo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 11:50 AM   #3
highflyerreborn
IK Head Coach

Rep Power: 21highflyerreborn will become famous soon enoughhighflyerreborn will become famous soon enough

Well ture, what you say - I mean understand your concern of negativity sometimes, and it must be hurtful apologies.

But from a sporting prospecting - don't you agree that Bahraini players conduct un sportsmen behavior to fall down when things get rough ....

After watching EPL that becomes even more evident.

A) I have nothing against Bahrain - hey they reached far not bad for
a small nation
B) They are proud people no doubt
C) Don't worry they have camels here in Canada as well -
they call them conservatives.
D) Any how enjoy your stay -

I just hope that Bahrain would understand that they lost because of their un imaginative style...

If Bahrain would have went one head to head they probbly had a better chance

You know Bahrain honestly would have lost 10-0 or 12-0 in world cup...so not qualifying is not all bad ..

I am being extremely honest - Bahrain can may be shut down Asian defence -but seeing how they played vs Tobago .. really they would have lost 5-0 in all group games if luck ...

1) Possesional play was ok
2) They lacked the ability to pass the ball around in MF
3) Attack was on dimensional all attacks went via #10
4) Bahrain relies on counter - that style would not work vs a strong
South American team - or European team and definitly Africans
would just out muscle Bahraini team.
5) The Bahraini Goal Keeper if he was world class would have been able to
save the first goal in first leg - he made some nice saves

BUT HONESTLY he was short....

6) Trinidad figured out that Bahrain did not function well with crosses like Saudis because in Gulf leages - rarely do you see fine crossing ... let alot consistent goals form crosses.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:55 PM   #4
Ali.I.Karimi
IK Visitor

Well analyzed highflyerreborn , and I have to say I agree.

We didn't play well and we didn't deserve to be in the World Cup. Trinidad wanted it more and played well. I will be frank in that we are playing too much amateur football, counter attacks and waiting for mistakes, we aren't attacking properly or being creative. Our keeper is good but like you said , short, he made some good saves but he makes some errors in judgement at times.

Our problem is lack of depth in the squad ,lack of options, and a weakness that we can't seem to solve (crosses and set pieces).
[/CENTER][/SIZE]
Old 11-20-2005, 12:56 PM   #5
Ali.I.Karimi
IK Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoRo
Calm down bro and take it easy. If you are upset because of some threads and replies here and there, let me tell you that you never know who is writing them. It might be written by a 12 years old kid! I was like you at the beginning (taking things very personal) but let me tell you the truth this forum is full of true gentlemen and once you get the sprit of it, IK will be like no other place.

So just relax and enjoy it
Don't worry , I ignore it but I dislike it when theres a debate and all the above comes up , it makes for a dull argument. I don't mind someone saying Bahrain is bad, but I want to know why.
[/CENTER][/SIZE]
Old 11-20-2005, 04:18 PM   #6
Fulcrum
IK Water boy

nah I still wanna fight. Iran>Bahrain forever
Fulcrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 04:53 PM   #7
ziad

I did not see one ounce of cheating by Bahrain in the WC qualifying stages. Honestly for such a small country they have accomplished much more than many larger countries. I hope their football style improves and they become a stronger force in Asia.
ziad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:09 PM   #8
Soroush
Hall of famer

Ali-Bahraini, we all know the truth, and fortunatly after this WC-Qual everyone in the world knows the truth about bahrain and its dirty style of football and lack of sportsmanship, go check worldsoccer boards and you will see what I mean!

Sorry pal, but I truly dislike your team and cant stand it. I think bahrain got what they deserved, I dont wish it any success in the future either unless the whole team, staff and fans change behavior...but I really doubt that!

Ziad, it amazes me how you can say what you just said, no more comment!
Soroush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:41 PM   #9
Sherwin

Rep Power: 26Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali.I.Karimi
Ok, im tired of fighting some of this stuff in every thread, so I'm hoping I can end it here.

1. Bahrain spends millions on football.

Wrong. Bahrain is not the richest country in the gulf , its probably not even fourth richest. We get money from other Gulf Countries as well , so don't accuse us of bribing anyone.

2. We buy players.

Wrong. We are also the smallest gulf country (size) and second smallest in population, and the fact that every player is Bahraini is something we are proud of. Unlike Qatar, they spend alot and they buy players, all our players are Bahraini. The is one exception only , and he never plays.

3. We raised flags when Saudi won , we are Saudi's pets.

WRONG WRONG WRONG. We raised flags, but its because we were happy for Saudi. In the Bahrain Trinidad match, people from Qatar came with Bahraini flags and Qatari flags and waved both during the match. You could also see some saudi flags and some saudi players came for support as well. If you watch any arab channels you would have heard prior to the match at least one person wishing Bahrain good luck. I was watching the Qatari league when the announcer said it while talking about the quality of the league.

4. We bribed the FA to get a replay against Uzbekistan.

WRONG. They ASKED for a replay, they wanted 3-0 but the AFC wouldn't give them that. So they accepted a replay and tied. It has nothing to do with Bahrain ! 3-0 is ludicrous anyway so don't say we bribed the AFC.

5. Bahrain is oil rich , Sheik filled, desert loving, camel people land.

Ok, Bahrain doesn't have too much oil , it has some natural gas but less than Qatar.

We have Sheiks but a large part of our population is Shi'ite , and a good portion of Irani decent.

Desert loving. Bahrain was a tropical island until about 50 years ago, there were palm trees and sweet water. Then the goverment digged up the sea , salt water got it and the plants died.

Camel people. There are camels but not too many, hardly any. No one uses them to get from place to place anyway.
Ok I am going to explain this to you from a Persian perspective. It looks very bad when an Arab team waives a flag of an Arab country, because there is bad blood between Persians and Arabs as well. We Iranians sometimes rightfully so think that Arabs are against us and they will try to do anything to make us unsuccessful.

I agree with all of your other points but it was extremely classless of Bahrain to waive those flags after the game. It was like rubbing it in our faces after we were pissed off about the loss. I agree wtih all of yoru other points.
Nation

WC 2006 here we come.
Sherwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2005, 06:52 PM   #10
Soroush
Hall of famer

Icon13 Re: Things that have to be cleared up about Bahrain

And no mention of the disgraceful timewasting grassrolling tactics of bahrain...and we are not talking about an isolated incident, we are talking about wasting over 30minutes by disgraceful animal behavior...but hey lets not mention that or like some other bahraini said "its part of the sport now"...! LOL!

And oh, now that you said that you where just waving flags bc you where happy for you arab brothers just makes everything feel so much better. Imagine Island grassrolling for 30minutes with a bribed ref who looks the other way and then in the end runs around waving the swedish flag...it would be a scandal you would hear about for decades...but I guess "thats part of bahraini mentality as well"!
Soroush is offline   Reply With Quote