Irankicks Football Talk

Go Back   Irankicks Football Talk > Irankicks.com Rules Read before posting > Coach's Corner
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2017, 11:04 AM   #1
Jashar

Rep Power: 60Jashar has a spectacular aura aboutJashar has a spectacular aura about
What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009?

2009: Tried to cope with that fact that there was no IK in my life anymore!
2010: Started to follow hockey more closely due to the pressure of Pouya82 and his funny brother....Minnesota Wild 4 Ever!
2011: Boring year...mostly active in the German Left Partys students movement. Oh, and I started to date a girl who is now my girlfriend...Jigaresho
2012: Finished University
2013: Started to work for DEUTSCHE WELLE as a freelance journalist.
2014: Started to work for the Cologne Refugee Council as a refugee advisor / Started to work for the Iran Journal as a freelance journalist.
2015: Very Boring year...mostly busy with communist propaganda!
2016: Followed closely to US-Primaries....btw: Bernie would have won.
2017: Being "Kharkeyf" that my beloved FC Köln again qualified for an european competition after 25 years / Followed closely the UK-Elections...*ohhh Jeremy Corbyn chant inserted* / Depressed cause FC Köln started the new season with 11 defeats and 2 draws / Absolutely "Kharkeyf" cause IRANKICKS is back online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS??

=D

Last edited by Jashar : 11-28-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Jashar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:19 AM   #2
Exoma
IK Captain

Rep Power: 18Exoma has a spectacular aura aboutExoma has a spectacular aura about
Re: What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009?

2009: Kept refreshing the forum
2010: Kept refreshing the forum
2011: Kept refreshing the forum
2012: Kept refreshing the forum
2013: Kept refreshing the forum
2014: Kept refreshing the forum
2015: Kept refreshing the forum
2016: Kept refreshing the forum
2017: Kept refreshing the forum - Forum finally refreshed
Old 11-28-2017, 12:04 PM   #3
Ali_Europe
IK Captain

Icon10 Re: What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009?

well, for sure getting older but of course life, work & career, family take lot of time... And sure cuz of mentioned issues I don't follow football as passionate as before...but it is cool to see the forum is back... it was a great place to have good talks football and other topics... specially since lot of events happened in world of sport, politics, technic, iran's related topics... the really cool thing is that IRAN qualified for 2018 WC, so it would be fun to follow World cup here... specially since lot of today players are less known to me comparing to older generation of players like Andranik/Karimi/Mahdavi/Nekonam/Daei etc ... but I like the fact that after so many chaos, Iran at least has a good professional coach, who bring structure....cuz once professionalism and structure arrives in IRAN's football, potentials would be huge.....So even I might spent less time on following soccer, but hearing good news of IRAN's team in WC would for sure put a big smile on my face

P:S: cuz of work, family etc I might not be very often here, but will try to visit from time to time

Last edited by Ali_Europe : 11-28-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Ali_Europe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
Jashar

Rep Power: 60Jashar has a spectacular aura aboutJashar has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali_Europe View Post
well, for sure getting older but of course life, work & career, family take lot of time... And sure cuz of mentioned issues I don't follow football as passionate as before...but it is cool to see the forum is back... it was a great place to have good talks football and other topics... specially since lot of events happened in world of sport, politics, technic, iran's related topics... the really cool thing is that IRAN qualified for 2018 WC, so it would be fun to follow World cup here... specially since lot of today players are less known to me comparing to older generation of players like Andranik/Karimi/Mahdavi/Nekonam/Daei etc ... but I like the fact that after so many chaos, Iran at least has a good professional coach, who bring structure....cuz once professionalism and structure arrives in IRAN's football, potentials would be huge.....So even I might spent less time on following soccer, but hearing good news of IRAN's team in WC would for sure put a big smile on my face

P:S: cuz of work, family etc I might not be very often here, but will try to visit from time to time
I agree on everything you said. IK was always a very especial place to get information and good analysis of Iran's football. After it went offline I also kinda lost touch with the in depth issues surrounding Team Melli,though I always tried to watch the official games (WC, WC Quali, Asian Championship...)

I'm now more eager to follow this young Teams developement. I think we'll gonna have a good World Cup campaign in 2018!

=D
Old 11-29-2017, 01:48 AM   #5
dariush-44
Hall of famer

From an online perspective, I kept up with Irooni football but rarely on message boards. I followed on social media & news outlets. I was also writing for a new Iranian journal called IranFootballOnline and helped them with graphic design for setting up their site. It was a long wait, before I could feel passionate about Irooni football but 2014 was the spark and I participated in the PFDC WC'14 prediction pool where I was in the lead (out of 130 participants) all tournament long until the last day where someone overtook #1 with just 2 points and I finished second, earning myself a nice Team Melli jersey which was so small for me that I sold it online.

I was connected with Pooya and Jashar on Facebook. Great pals as I remember. I bothered Pooya in my teenage years on MSN frequently asking for advice about work-life balance in EU, major to study, etc.

2009-2013
In '09 I went off to college in what was at the time ranked the happiest place in America (SLO, California). This was also the 1st town, I lived in when I migrated to the US from Iran, so it was all too familiar. But the experience was completely different this time as a college-animal. After switching from CS to Finance, I finally graduated in '13.

2013-2015
Packed my bags for the city with what was at the time my GF of 2 years & we got a place together in San Francisco. We were just co-habiting more than 'building a meaningful relationship'. I moved to a place of my own 1.5 years in.

2014-2017
I've traveled a lot for work and rarely home. In that same time, I was offered a job in Stockholm and later Amsterdam with my current consulting gig. I did not accept the offers and chose to be stay close to family in California. However, I am getting adventurous and itching for a new city to call home.
dariush-44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 03:21 AM   #6
Cia

Rep Power: 23Cia has a spectacular aura aboutCia has a spectacular aura about

This is proving a lot harder that I thought. What the hell have I been doing for the past however many years...

2009: Gradually stopped following Iranian football. Stopped following Iranian politics too. Decided that they both just lead to frustration and heartbreaks. Took up learning setar instead, off and on.

2014: Traveled to the US, Europe, and UAE and met a few of the IK friends - what a blast that was. Was with Jashar in Cologne when Germany won the Cup. Met Pouya in Stockholm. Also met Tala and ConCon. Amazing year. Reunion in Russia, anyone?

2015: Asian Cup - Went to a few of Iran's games. Was there in the stadium when we got knocked out.

2016: Graduated with a bachelor of laws - finally.

2017: Became a dad - ten weeks ago actually. Enrolled in uni again, for a grad dip of legal practice.

I sometimes think about how IK and our discussions here have shaped our lives. For me, I think the debates here definitely motivated me get into law. Years of posting things and arguing certainly helped me practice my writing and structuring arguments.
Cia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 04:34 AM   #7
Jashar

Quote:
Originally Posted by dariush-44 View Post
From an online perspective, I kept up with Irooni football but rarely on message boards. I followed on social media & news outlets. I was also writing for a new Iranian journal called IranFootballOnline and helped them with graphic design for setting up their site. It was a long wait, before I could feel passionate about Irooni football but 2014 was the spark and I participated in the PFDC WC'14 prediction pool where I was in the lead (out of 130 participants) all tournament long until the last day where someone overtook #1 with just 2 points and I finished second, earning myself a nice Team Melli jersey which was so small for me that I sold it online.

I was connected with Pooya and Jashar on Facebook. Great pals as I remember. I bothered Pooya in my teenage years on MSN frequently asking for advice about work-life balance in EU, major to study, etc.

2009-2013
In '09 I went off to college in what was at the time ranked the happiest place in America (SLO, California). This was also the 1st town, I lived in when I migrated to the US from Iran, so it was all too familiar. But the experience was completely different this time as a college-animal. After switching from CS to Finance, I finally graduated in '13.

2013-2015
Packed my bags for the city with what was at the time my GF of 2 years & we got a place together in San Francisco. We were just co-habiting more than 'building a meaningful relationship'. I moved to a place of my own 1.5 years in.

2014-2017
I've traveled a lot for work and rarely home. In that same time, I was offered a job in Stockholm and later Amsterdam with my current consulting gig. I did not accept the offers and chose to be stay close to family in California. However, I am getting adventurous and itching for a new city to call home.
Wow, thank you for sharing! I‘m sure Pouya will take care of you in Stockholm! 😉

=D
Old 01-28-2018, 05:20 AM   #8
Sherwin

Rep Power: 27Sherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura aboutSherwin has a spectacular aura about

Jashar jan and everyone how are you all doing? What a crazy 9 years it has been for me.
2009-Joined the Navy and had to say goodbye to Irankicks. That was a tough year.
2010-In Iraq
2011-O.C.S(Officer Candidacy School)
2012-2016-US Navy, was stationed in several places San Diego, Alaska, Missisippi
2016-Moved to Las Vegas, learned some interesting things abut my family, like I did not know I am part Slava Russian, na zdrovie.
2017 -In Las Vegas, doing some property management, looking for some work and possibly going back to school. Would like to teach and coach football(American).

I just want to say I missed you guys when did IK come back? I hope youa re all doing well to all of my old friends how have you been? There are so many Hamido, Ahmad, Keano, Blue, Kaveh, Pooya82, and Ali Europe jan how are you all doing? I missed all of you in your own unique way Ali Europe jan I even miss your Mossadeq posts(inside jokes for us old timers).

Last edited by Sherwin : 01-28-2018 at 06:53 AM.
Sherwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 04:38 AM   #9
Sly
IK Visitor

I cannot believe IK is back!!!

That's the best news I got today! Perfect ahead of the WC!

Now all 3 football forums I've been active in are up and running.

Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 12:12 PM   #10
Pouya82

Rep Power: 24Pouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the roughPouya82 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exoma View Post
2009: Kept refreshing the forum
2010: Kept refreshing the forum
2011: Kept refreshing the forum
2012: Kept refreshing the forum
2013: Kept refreshing the forum
2014: Kept refreshing the forum
2015: Kept refreshing the forum
2016: Kept refreshing the forum
2017: Kept refreshing the forum - Forum finally refreshed
Amir
You, me and Jashar then B-)

It is a great feeling coming back to this page.
I'm gonna hit the gym and then come tell my side of the story, my very very hairy side of it