View Single Post
Old 07-28-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
Kaiser Amir
Hall of famer
ALI DAEI speaks up: "The technical staff led to Team Melli's downfall"

You can watch the interview by clicking on the link below:

Here are ALI DAEI's statements:

- Despite having a lot of good players, Team Melli couldn't achieve the results everyone expected in the Asian Cup. Thats because the technical staff didn't have the same standard as our footballers.

- Our football was hit by two major disasters in one year: 1- Disqualification of Esteghlal from the Asian Champions League.
2- Early exit from the Asian Cup
I hope that in future we'll prevent such scenarios by picking the best options for our national team.

- Our technical staff was never prepared for such hard times. When you are at the top, you should always plan for the future. Team Melli's staff did some very controversial interviews before the Asian Cup, hammering all those peole who pointed out our side's problems.

- Team Melli's technical staff had a very wrong component. One coach from the new generation (referring to Ghalenoei), another one from some 30 years ago (talking about Ebrahimi).
The perspective a coach from some 30 years ago has on football can never be compared to the way of thinking by a trainer from the new era.
This lack of harmony between Team Melli's coaches led to the downfall of our boys.

- Iran missed a great opportunity to reach the Asian Cup final after a long time and even win the tournament.
The best proof of this is the fact that just a few weeks ago our B team defeated almost the same Iraq side that has reached the last act of the 2007 Asian Cup.

- I will not accept to coach Iran's national team.
My attention is focused on Saipa, a side I want to prepare very well for the new season.
[url=]Click here to start earning $$$[/url]

[b]MAKE MONEY while SURFING on IranKicks. REGISTER on the ABOVE LINK[/b]
Kaiser Amir is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links