Let's discuss Iran-Taipei
There are many threads on Ik forum about this game, but Iím tired to see always the same comments. Letís have a deep analysis of the match.
Here are my two cents:
1. The Iranian game plan was poor. There were too many personal mistakes (call them technical) and some very old problems still exist (Iíll come back to this pont).
2. The substitutions were in general good. This was not the case in our last games, but this time, IMHO, Branco brought something new to his team with his changes. Madanchi and Kazemina were very good, Akbarpour was active but needs more time and self-confidence.
3. Among the new players, Jabbari was the one we can not ignore. He had many mistakes, but also many good passes. His positioning was very good. He assisted 2 goals.
4. Alavi was not good, at least under the average of this game.
5. Our defense didnít have a chance to show something interesting.
6. There is a very important point I noticed: Even against Taipei, with 10 chances, we didnít have any plan on CORNERS! We didnít turn any of them to a chance.
7. Daei was slow and didnít touch the ball often. But he was efficient 3 times (I counted 11 ball-touches by him). He had one nice header, one assist and one goal. 3/11, is that good or poor?
8. Khatibi didnít show what he can. It was not his day.
****SAY NO TO DOPING IN FOOTBALL****