View Single Post
Old 02-02-2006, 02:50 PM   #1
IK COP
Administrator

Does Ali Daei belong to team Melli or Team Melli belongs to Ali Daei?

Got your attention.

I think this is a great topic for this forum. I know this is a very controversial topic, however, this is a topic that is on every Iranian football fan's mind.

In recent history of IFF we have never had a player who is as influential as Ali Daei. We have never had a player who has been consistently invited to team Melli. Regardless of his performance in the team Ali Daei has managed to stay in team melli longer than any one else.

It is no surprise that Ali Daei's performance is no longer what it was during the late 90s. His descent from world class Bundesliga club to a low level Arab league and now at IPL is a testament to his natural decline in sport of Football.
Granted he is still the highest Iranian goal scorer on most rankings. However; his ability to score so many goals can be attributed to his position in the team and game plan.

In my opinion playing for team melli is not an entitlement, it is earned by hard work and consistent results.

So the question is: Does Ali Daei still belongs to Team Melli or as most people feel Team Melli Belongs to Ali Daei.

Last edited by IK COP : 02-02-2006 at 10:19 PM.
IK COP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links