Irankicks Football Talk

Irankicks Football Talk (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/index.php)
-   Iran Football Forum (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Team Melli formation/players (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/showthread.php?t=50481)

Farooq 12-23-2017 07:02 PM

Team Melli formation/players

Here is my list of starting players

Taremi - Ansarifard -Azmoun

Shojei - Jahanbakhsh - Dejagah

4 big defenders who never go forward but are good in the air for corner kicks.

Subtitute Goochanejad and Hagighi (forward) up front or as starter. A big guy up front can give us that Ali Daei aerial threat.

Ali_Europe 12-26-2017 05:38 PM

Re: Team Melli formation/players

Quote:

Originally Posted by Farooq (Post 481149)
Here is my list of starting players

Taremi - Ansarifard -Azmoun

Shojei - Jahanbakhsh - Dejagah

4 big defenders who never go forward but are good in the air for corner kicks.

Subtitute Goochanejad and Hagighi (forward) up front or as starter. A big guy up front can give us that Ali Daei aerial threat.

what aboz Ando? I thought he was in the team too!

dariush-44 12-26-2017 11:47 PM

I think he'll be missing - I think CQ is taking a younger squad. I haven't heard of Ando in a while. He'll go down alongside Edmond Boozik as one of the best.

I sure miss his gheyrat and fight on the field

Ali_Europe 12-27-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dariush-44 (Post 481155)
I think he'll be missing - I think CQ is taking a younger squad. I haven't heard of Ando in a while. He'll go down alongside Edmond Boozik as one of the best.

I sure miss his gheyrat and fight on the field

I am ok with the idea of younger players, but I think in a world cup some experienced older players could be really usefull, cuz young players without worldcup experience could have problems with huge psyhological and mental stress. And by mentioning experienced players of course I dont want to see a situation like Daei in 2006... but Ando is very fit for his age and he has worldcup experience, as you meentioned his passion and energy could influence the whole team positive.. I think he would be very usefull...and the coach could let him play some 70 min and substitude him, if his performance would weaken during game.

Keano 12-27-2017 04:48 PM

I love Ando, however his days of being a great footballer is over. He doesn't even impress in his club anymore. It's a shame, because he was always an amazing and gheyrati player. His football went down the hill when his contract/transfer from TS to Esteghlal was nullified by FIFA, due to imposed punishment by FIFA (Thanks to our club management's incompetency)

We have much younger and great/experienced players such as Ezatollahi, Ebrahimi for that position, making it almost impossible for Ando to get re-invited. Unless he crazily impresses in the next 2-3 months, for I do not see it coming.:(

Ali_Europe 12-28-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keano (Post 481157)
I love Ando, however his days of being a great footballer is over. He doesn't even impress in his club anymore. It's a shame, because he was always an amazing and gheyrati player. His football went down the hill when his contract/transfer from TS to Esteghlal was nullified by FIFA, due to imposed punishment by FIFA (Thanks to our club management's incompetency)

We have much younger and great/experienced players such as Ezatollahi, Ebrahimi for that position, making it almost impossible for Ando to get re-invited. Unless he crazily impresses in the next 2-3 months, for I do not see it coming.:(

but wasn't he just recently Chosen as TM captain?

Farooq 01-27-2018 06:07 PM

I am Farooq. Does anybody still follow TM? Ando boy was never that good. He was just a hardworking armenian guy with a terrible shot and big ego. if we need somebody back from retirement, it should be Nekounam. There is still nobody better than him in the DM position and his experience against Spain could be very valuable. I've seen this guy stop Barcelona and Real Madrid in an Osasuna shirt. He could make a great comeback.

Here is how I would incorporate him.

-----------GK-------------
Pooladi---Hoessini-----Hajsafi
-------- Nekounam----------
Dejagah --Jahanbaksch---Shojei
Azmoun-- Ansarifard-----Teremi

Sub Gochenajad for Aansarifard

Keano 01-29-2018 01:39 PM

Farooq jaan,

Although I do agree that Nekounam was a much better and more garnished defensive midfielder than Ando. However to call Ando's shots garbage and with big ego, as you just put it is a little unfair and over-exaggerated. He scored many beautiful long range goals for both TM and his clubs.

Sherwin 01-30-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Keano (Post 481206)
Farooq jaan,

Although I do agree that Nekounam was a much better and more garnished defensive midfielder than Ando. However to call Ando's shots garbage and with big ego, as you just put it is a little unfair and over-exaggerated. He scored many beautiful long range goals for both TM and his clubs.

I just appreciate both players for their careers, Ando and Nekounam did a lot for Team e Melli, I respect both of their game. for formations go, under CQ I think Iran needs to stick with the 4-2-3-1 or the 4-4-2. We used to rely on a few key individuals and we used to play hero ball. CQ changed the culture, now we are playing team football and this little thing called defense. Now we can generate our offense through our defense and our defense is an asset, not a liability. I know we are in the group of death but we have a fighter's chance. Whomever wins the first game Iran v Morocco, will have a chance and it won't be easy because Morocco didn't concede a goal in WCQ so they too have a good D.

Farooq 01-31-2018 03:07 PM

What are the characteristic of Iranian soccer players? I am not a big fan of PGL, but I think Iranian soccer players show strengths in long range shots and dribbling.

I think CQ's philosophy is too defensive and although that may work in WCQ, it is not a good way to evolve Iranian soccer.

Who are the best play makers in the PGL right and the best long range shooters?