Irankicks Football Talk

Irankicks Football Talk (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/index.php)
-   Coach's Corner (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009? (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/showthread.php?t=50456)

Jashar 11-28-2017 11:04 AM

What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009?

2009: Tried to cope with that fact that there was no IK in my life anymore! :(
2010: Started to follow hockey more closely due to the pressure of Pouya82 and his funny brother....Minnesota Wild 4 Ever!
2011: Boring year...mostly active in the German Left Partys students movement. Oh, and I started to date a girl who is now my girlfriend...Jigaresho :D
2012: Finished University
2013: Started to work for DEUTSCHE WELLE as a freelance journalist.
2014: Started to work for the Cologne Refugee Council as a refugee advisor / Started to work for the Iran Journal as a freelance journalist.
2015: Very Boring year...mostly busy with communist propaganda!
2016: Followed closely to US-Primaries....btw: Bernie would have won.
2017: Being "Kharkeyf" that my beloved FC Köln again qualified for an european competition after 25 years / Followed closely the UK-Elections...*ohhh Jeremy Corbyn chant inserted* / Depressed cause FC Köln started the new season with 11 defeats and 2 draws / Absolutely "Kharkeyf" cause IRANKICKS is back online!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT ABOUT YOU GUYS??
:IK::IK::IK:

Exoma 11-28-2017 11:19 AM

Re: What have you been doing since IK went offline in 2009?

2009: Kept refreshing the forum
2010: Kept refreshing the forum
2011: Kept refreshing the forum
2012: Kept refreshing the forum
2013: Kept refreshing the forum
2014: Kept refreshing the forum
2015: Kept refreshing the forum
2016: Kept refreshing the forum
2017: Kept refreshing the forum - Forum finally refreshed

Ali_Europe 11-28-2017 12:04 PM

well, for sure getting older ;) but of course life, work & career, family take lot of time... And sure cuz of mentioned issues I don't follow football as passionate as before...but it is cool to see the forum is back... it was a great place to have good talks football and other topics... specially since lot of events happened in world of sport, politics, technic, iran's related topics... the really cool thing is that IRAN qualified for 2018 WC, so it would be fun to follow World cup here... specially since lot of today players are less known to me comparing to older generation of players like Andranik/Karimi/Mahdavi/Nekonam/Daei etc ... but I like the fact that after so many chaos, Iran at least has a good professional coach, who bring structure....cuz once professionalism and structure arrives in IRAN's football, potentials would be huge.....So even I might spent less time on following soccer, but hearing good news of IRAN's team in WC would for sure put a big smile on my face

P:S: cuz of work, family etc I might not be very often here, but will try to visit from time to time

Pouya82 11-28-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoma (Post 480873)
2009: Kept refreshing the forum
2010: Kept refreshing the forum
2011: Kept refreshing the forum
2012: Kept refreshing the forum
2013: Kept refreshing the forum
2014: Kept refreshing the forum
2015: Kept refreshing the forum
2016: Kept refreshing the forum
2017: Kept refreshing the forum - Forum finally refreshed

Amir :rotflmao:
You, me and Jashar then B-)

It is a great feeling coming back to this page.
I'm gonna hit the gym and then come tell my side of the story, my very very hairy side of it :D

Hamidoo 11-28-2017 01:42 PM

Thread moved to Coach's corner...

Jashar follow the rules :)

Exoma 11-28-2017 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamidoo (Post 480895)
Thread moved to Coach's corner...

Jashar follow the rules :)

Revoke his moderator status and give it to me! :iran2:

Hamidoo 11-28-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exoma (Post 480896)
Revoke his moderator status and give it to me! :iran2:

Thinking about it ;)

Jashar 11-28-2017 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hamidoo (Post 480897)
Thinking about it ;)

I was infected by they anarchic atmosphere here.
Bolshevic law and order will soon be restored by IK's Red Army! :D

Jashar 11-28-2017 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ali_Europe (Post 480884)
well, for sure getting older ;) but of course life, work & career, family take lot of time... And sure cuz of mentioned issues I don't follow football as passionate as before...but it is cool to see the forum is back... it was a great place to have good talks football and other topics... specially since lot of events happened in world of sport, politics, technic, iran's related topics... the really cool thing is that IRAN qualified for 2018 WC, so it would be fun to follow World cup here... specially since lot of today players are less known to me comparing to older generation of players like Andranik/Karimi/Mahdavi/Nekonam/Daei etc ... but I like the fact that after so many chaos, Iran at least has a good professional coach, who bring structure....cuz once professionalism and structure arrives in IRAN's football, potentials would be huge.....So even I might spent less time on following soccer, but hearing good news of IRAN's team in WC would for sure put a big smile on my face

P:S: cuz of work, family etc I might not be very often here, but will try to visit from time to time

I agree on everything you said. IK was always a very especial place to get information and good analysis of Iran's football. After it went offline I also kinda lost touch with the in depth issues surrounding Team Melli,though I always tried to watch the official games (WC, WC Quali, Asian Championship...)

I'm now more eager to follow this young Teams developement. I think we'll gonna have a good World Cup campaign in 2018!

dariush-44 11-29-2017 01:48 AM

From an online perspective, I kept up with Irooni football but rarely on message boards. I followed on social media & news outlets. I was also writing for a new Iranian journal called IranFootballOnline and helped them with graphic design for setting up their site. It was a long wait, before I could feel passionate about Irooni football but 2014 was the spark and I participated in the PFDC WC'14 prediction pool where I was in the lead (out of 130 participants) all tournament long until the last day where someone overtook #1 with just 2 points and I finished second, earning myself a nice Team Melli jersey which was so small for me that I sold it online. :iran2:

I was connected with Pooya and Jashar on Facebook. Great pals as I remember. I bothered Pooya in my teenage years on MSN frequently asking for advice about work-life balance in EU, major to study, etc.

2009-2013
In '09 I went off to college in what was at the time ranked the happiest place in America (SLO, California). This was also the 1st town, I lived in when I migrated to the US from Iran, so it was all too familiar. But the experience was completely different this time as a college-animal. After switching from CS to Finance, I finally graduated in '13.

2013-2015
Packed my bags for the city with what was at the time my GF of 2 years & we got a place together in San Francisco. We were just co-habiting more than 'building a meaningful relationship'. I moved to a place of my own 1.5 years in.

2014-2017
I've traveled a lot for work and rarely home. In that same time, I was offered a job in Stockholm and later Amsterdam with my current consulting gig. I did not accept the offers and chose to be stay close to family in California. However, I am getting adventurous and itching for a new city to call home.