Irankicks Football Talk

Irankicks Football Talk (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/index.php)
-   In-Depth football discussions (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   ALI DAEI speaks up: "The technical staff led to Team Melli's downfall" (http://www.irankicks.com/ikboard/showthread.php?t=47015)

Kaiser Amir 07-28-2007 04:02 PM

ALI DAEI speaks up: "The technical staff led to Team Melli's downfall"

You can watch the interview by clicking on the link below:

http://iranfootballonline.com/forums...ead.php?t=2742

Here are ALI DAEI's statements:

- Despite having a lot of good players, Team Melli couldn't achieve the results everyone expected in the Asian Cup. Thats because the technical staff didn't have the same standard as our footballers.

- Our football was hit by two major disasters in one year: 1- Disqualification of Esteghlal from the Asian Champions League.
2- Early exit from the Asian Cup
I hope that in future we'll prevent such scenarios by picking the best options for our national team.

- Our technical staff was never prepared for such hard times. When you are at the top, you should always plan for the future. Team Melli's staff did some very controversial interviews before the Asian Cup, hammering all those peole who pointed out our side's problems.

- Team Melli's technical staff had a very wrong component. One coach from the new generation (referring to Ghalenoei), another one from some 30 years ago (talking about Ebrahimi).
The perspective a coach from some 30 years ago has on football can never be compared to the way of thinking by a trainer from the new era.
This lack of harmony between Team Melli's coaches led to the downfall of our boys.

- Iran missed a great opportunity to reach the Asian Cup final after a long time and even win the tournament.
The best proof of this is the fact that just a few weeks ago our B team defeated almost the same Iraq side that has reached the last act of the 2007 Asian Cup.

- I will not accept to coach Iran's national team.
My attention is focused on Saipa, a side I want to prepare very well for the new season.

mehran1848 07-28-2007 04:08 PM

Re: ALI DAEI speaks up: "The technical staff led to Team Melli's downfall"

One could not but fully agree with what Daei said about TM. you could easily relate to what he says.

Thanks for the news Amir jaan!!

saravireeka 07-28-2007 05:17 PM

Finally someone has the ball to say what happen, I guess no one except Daei or Azizi can tell them.

Oftadeh 07-28-2007 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Amir
- Team Melli's technical staff had a very wrong component. One coach from the new generation (referring to Ghalenoei), another one from some 30 years ago (talking about Ebrahimi).
The perspective a coach from some 30 years ago has on football can never be compared to the way of thinking by a trainer from the new era.
This lack of harmony between Team Melli's coaches led to the downfall of our boys.

This is so very true, but I believe that key decisions by GN (repeated now often enough on this board) could have got us all the way, regardless of this anomaly. All his other comments are also spot on.

Keano 07-28-2007 06:14 PM

How can one not be biased, yet disagree with King Daei?

I absolutely agree with everything daei said, I wish he could soon become TM head coach.

Thanks Amir jaan for the clip!

Kaiser Amir 07-28-2007 07:53 PM

Dear friends,

You are all very welcome.
I'm glad you enjoyed ALI DAEI's statements.
Regards
Amir

shayan20 07-28-2007 08:42 PM

everything daei says is TRUE

romario187 07-28-2007 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Amir
- I will not accept to coach Iran's national team.
My attention is focused on Saipa, a side I want to prepare very well for the new season.[/i]

To me this is the best statement he made in the interview! He learned from GN's mistake and he knows he's not ready for international coaching yet! Good for him, and I agree with what he said!

Fahd 07-28-2007 10:53 PM

Its pretty sad when someone asks someone with 1 year coaching experience SERIOUSLY about becoming the NT coach and that same person taking it seriously!

Our football is worse shape than you think thats unheard of anywhere in the world!

Absolutely ridiculous to say the least and whats more ridiculous is that he will get the job within 5 years having never got a coaching outside of our semi-professional league.

Sad days ahead im afraid! :wall:

Cia 07-28-2007 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fahd
Its pretty sad when someone asks someone with 1 year coaching experience SERIOUSLY about becoming the NT coach and that same person taking it seriously!

Neither GN nor Branko had too much coaching experience either, and you saw just how SERIOUSLY they were taken. This is Iran we're taking about...