PDA

View Full Version : If only we had Saudi's strikers...

Carl
06-17-2009, 05:37 PM
We would have made it.

Im really impressed with the quality Saudis have up front:

Naif Hazazi

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/07Iigqy4KWd4l/610x.jpg

Yasser Qahtani

http://www.m7dc.de/iffhs/9-b/9-2007-most-popular-13-B.jpg

swenguzzi
06-17-2009, 06:05 PM
Iran has many talented players, but ended up with the likes of Daei to coach them. It's water under the bridge as far as world cup qualifying. If Qhotbi had been picked from the start TM's situation would have been a lot different.

KABABEE
06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Saudi's strikers??????????????

How about ANY strikers ???????????

At this time we don't have strikers period.

It's sad how you can go from having the best striker in the world(Daie) to not having one at all.

I take the striker's of Mangolia and India at this time, let alone Saudi's.

Sayyid
06-17-2009, 10:03 PM
^^^lol..I think Iran took Ali daie for granted, and maybe he was such a good striker that made the job easier for our play makers too! he opened up space and allowed more attention, and could score with his head as good as with his foot. This makes alot of difference and this is why we have been a great asian team from 1996 to 2006!

Farooq
06-17-2009, 10:56 PM
^^^lol..I think Iran took Ali daie for granted, and maybe he was such a good striker that made the job easier for our play makers too! he opened up space and allowed more attention, and could score with his head as good as with his foot. This makes alot of difference and this is why we have been a great asian team from 1996 to 2006!

Whatever, Daei was too old by 2006. He didn't score any goals in his last run.
He should of cleared him and given the way for some younger strikers to get some experience maybe then we couldn't have had somebody today.

Also, it is Ghotbi's fault for not picking some new players. If your team can't score, use three forwards not one. What a dumbass, I don't see why people he was a better coach than Daei. None of them compare to a smart, international coach like the Saudis Perreira. If I was Ghotbi, I'd probably want to resign, what a dipshit.

Sayyid
06-17-2009, 11:19 PM
Whatever, Daei was too old by 2006. He didn't score any goals in his last run.
He should of cleared him and given the way for some younger strikers to get some experience maybe then we couldn't have had somebody today. I actually think you're right, I shoud have stoped like at 2005 or 2004 or something with all the daie admiration and love..lol. but lets face the facts, daie could even score better than these guys in his last years. Now he obviously wasn't qualified for a world stage.

Also, it is Ghotbi's fault for not picking some new players. If your team can't score, use three forwards not one. What a dumbass, I don't see why people he was a better coach than Daei. None of them compare to a smart, international coach like the Saudis Perreira. If I was Ghotbi, I'd probably want to resign, what a dipshit.
people say he was a better coach, because he achieved better results, and obviously a much better team work in a very small time frame he was given and also created no real drama. Daie was indeed a drama queen, and "bi Adab" towards the media, something Qutbi was not. I too think a foreign coach would have been awesome, but then again, NO good coach wanted to come to a country whose president is a holocaust denying war monger! Fck Ahmadinejad and his basiji brothers!

At this stage I honestly can only blame the IFF, and more impaortantly the IRI under Ahmadinejad. They have ruined every single hope and dream this mamlekat had.

highflyerreborn
06-18-2009, 02:45 AM
Iran has a problem as the quality strikers are not thrown into the national team setup soon enough normally they get to play when they are like 26 ?

Rest of world add 1-2 18 year old striker yearly or every 2 years -

Fahd
06-18-2009, 02:52 AM
Iran has a problem as the quality strikers are not thrown into the national team setup soon enough normally they get to play when they are like 26 ?

Rest of world add 1-2 18 year old striker yearly or every 2 years -

Thats why we had a striker like Daei who could only score against crappy teams. Dont think he ever scored a single goal against a decent european team or south american team and if he did it was probably only once.

highflyerreborn
06-18-2009, 02:59 AM
1998 team had alot of ... potency ...

Azzizi + Daei created fear in hearts of other national teams

Same cannot be said about - Hashmian alone -

Karmi is sadly - out of gas its sad to see him struggle for pace and air
It was so obvious vs younger korean players - but age comes and effects you .... I still remember how Karimi handled the koreans bravely and also did well vs Japanese team

Perhaps the U17 strikers need to be used at once !!

Moving like this to world stage would not have been good vs teams like
Germany or Argentina or Engaland or Italy or France ?

Every thing happens for a reason and hope to see new talent from U17 team coming thru by next asian cup

It will feel strange to miss out on world stage but its not end of world

If we look at South Korea their players look like they are barely 23- 22 years old - .....