PDA

View Full Version : Was Ghotbi good enought for Team Melie?

EYDADEBIDAD
06-17-2009, 09:47 AM
He coached 3 matches, possible 9 points, he got us 5 points? 2 ties and 1 win. Against SKorea We could have won but we didn't. We could have lost by 2 goals, but we didn't. Luck plays tease with us one more time. But the final results tells us, we showed a beautiful football but the end result still put a question mark on the ability of Ghotbi. Maybe a World Class coach like Guus Hidding would have brought a better result?

Kachal
06-17-2009, 10:02 AM
dobare shooroo nakonid baba.

our shitty defence will never ever be fixed no matter it's ghotbi or it's a world class coach.

IRANMAN
06-17-2009, 12:04 PM
افشین قطبی بسیار خوب کار کرد و نتیجه گرفت
با بهترین آرزوها برای امپراطور

Keano
06-17-2009, 01:24 PM
Qotbi has clearly had a great impact on the team, you can obviously see the improvement in the team, much better team work, much more solid defensive work by our defenders with much less errors. Qotbi has way too little time to work on a demoralized team with such negative environment surrounding TM!

Today we witnessed a really good football against S. Korea's A team and in Seoul, I applaud TM and Mr. Qotbi for a solid performance!

besquite namaki
06-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I thought our team played a good match today

Both KSA & N.Korea will not risk any chance to win this game because they know that any team would lose the game in a second and therby lose the chance to qualify

Go KSA <<< I never thought i would say that someday :p gotta cope up with our bad situation :D

Keano
06-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Both KSA & N.Korea will not risk any chance to win this game because they know that any team would lose the game in a second and therby lose the chance to qualify

The first 10 minutes of the match has been all KSA, they're pressing hard and it's obvious they're playing for a win!

mehdy
06-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Not Enough.

Foosball_Champ
06-17-2009, 04:38 PM
What the hell do you guys expect from a coach who took over a injured horse? To come and create miracle and have the horse win the race?

Iranian National Team is NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO BE IN THE WORLD CUP and that's exactly what happened. After watching the game today I think Ghotbi did a great job, our defense just goes to sleep. We were lucky to tie the game. Please don't blame him for our incompetent organization (IFF) and our political leaders who know nothing about sports.

Good luck 2014.

swenguzzi
06-17-2009, 05:35 PM
When Ghotbi took over remember TM was already in a hole. As I indicated in my previous post, that he was going to have monumental task with last three matches. For sure this was much improved squad. I think IFF should keep Ghotbi for the Asian Cup. I'm sure now that the pressure is off he can really organize and build the team. Overall TM was better organized and their physical stamina was also much improved.

Jashar
06-17-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm absolutely Pro-Ghotbi!
I hope he stays!

Oftadeh
06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
Qotbi should be kept as Iran coach at any cost. We don't need another fly-by-night foreign coach or any home-grown coaches who are by far too ignorant of modern football and the psychology it involves. Qotbi strikes exactly the right balance - a godsend - for our TM.

shawnagha
06-17-2009, 07:54 PM
i think ghotbi did a fantastic job! our team was turning it all around in the last 3 games. i am happy with the way he handled the situation of TM. Ghotbi forever!

Sayyid
06-17-2009, 09:57 PM
I too think Qotbi did a good job based on the evolution of this football team in these last 3 games! We got better and better after each game, now what didn't evolve was the performance of our offense, ever since Ali daie and Khodadad left this team melli, we haven't had good enought strikers, perhaps with the exception of the hashemian pre world cup 2006!

Farooq
06-17-2009, 11:09 PM
I too think Qotbi did a good job based on the evolution of this football team in these last 3 games! We got better and better after each game, now what didn't evolve was the performance of our offense, ever since Ali daie and Khodadad left this team melli, we haven't had good enought strikers, perhaps with the exception of the hashemian pre world cup 2006!

Qotbi did not do a fantastic job. A win against the Korea teams from an Korean EXPERT would have been minimal!

He has improved our passing game, obviously is making an impact on the training ground. However, that is not enough and in my opinion he got completely out coached by the Korean coach today.

Just look at this formation/game plan. Ok, you are hired for only three games, can't you freaking take some risks and go for a win? Why do only use one striker and just sit on top of one goal lead and wait for the other side to counter attack and tie the game. This is called LOOSING TACTICS. I expect this guy to have had more flair and BALLS to actually take some risks and win these games.

I say we keep him around until we find a WORLD CLASS coach and do so ASAP.

shawnagha
06-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Qotbi did not do a fantastic job. A win against the Korea teams from an Korean EXPERT would have been minimal!

He has improved our passing game, obviously is making an impact on the training ground. However, that is not enough and in my opinion he got completely out coached by the Korean coach today.

Just look at this formation/game plan. Ok, you are hired for only three games, can't you freaking take some risks and go for a win? Why do only use one striker and just sit on top of one goal lead and wait for the other side to counter attack and tie the game. This is called LOOSING TACTICS. I expect this guy to have had more flair and BALLS to actually take some risks and win these games.

I say we keep him around until we find a WORLD CLASS coach and do so ASAP.

I don't think 2 months is enough for any coach to get the players and a whole team to turn it around. specially with no decent friendly games to test out any of our players. we'll see what happens...