PDA

View Full Version : Political turmoil and its effect on team melie moral!

EYDADEBIDAD
06-15-2009, 01:05 PM
I don't know about you guys but Gotbi better play psychologist with the boys so that they don't play halfa$$ on the field. He should tell the boys:'Hey the people of Iran depend on you to make them proud and happy'. Hopefully the boys will earn the paycheck. Otherwise this political comedy back home could be a big weight on their shoulders. We'll see! The catch 22 is that if the boys win or make it to the world cup would this happiness be also supressed by the authorities in Iran?

Foosball_Champ
06-15-2009, 01:19 PM
Would you play your best if you were one of the players?

I know this much, the Iranian right now are fighting for the most fundemntal rights of a human being which is their ability to VOTE and have their VOTE be counted. I don't think going to World Cup would give them any hope.

To be honest with you I hope we don't qualify so maybe someone in Iran would wake up and smell the coffee because having this team go to World Cup is an embarrassment to the game of Soccer.

EYDADEBIDAD
06-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Would you play your best if you were one of the players?

I know this much, the Iranian right now are fighting for the most fundemntal rights of a human being which is their ability to VOTE and have their VOTE be counted. I don't think going to World Cup would give them any hope.

To be honest with you I hope we don't qualify so maybe someone in Iran would wake up and smell the coffee because having this team go to World Cup is an embarrassment to the game of Soccer.

I dissagree. I don't think that you should throw in our passion into the flame as a sacrificial lamb. Everybody knows that the team melie belongs to the people of Iran and it deserve to be theirs. I personaly would play my hardest and make it to the world cup so that the fan will put this on the side as a sign of relief and they can then get on with their fight with the system. Beleive me that time will come when system will change with our team melie making it to the world cup or not making it to the world cup. Apples and Oranges! The world knows about the brutality of the regime and they also know that our team melie is the passion of the 70 million...

kharmagas
06-15-2009, 04:59 PM
I hope they don't qualify. When I think of Ahmedinejad jumping on it and sell it as divine support for himself I just want to throw up.

Ardavan
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM
i come to wonder, what if the match was in Azadi rather than Seoul?

mouhammad
06-15-2009, 11:48 PM
I hope they don't qualify. When I think of Ahmedinejad jumping on it and sell it as divine support for himself I just want to throw up.

I fully agree, for the first time I won't care if Iran doesn't qualify. first there is no propaganda for the iranian government. 2. this team brings nothing than embarrassment for iranians. The good news we won't qualify

highflyerreborn
06-16-2009, 03:32 AM
Soccer and politics are two different matters so I can't comment here one is internal gov matter and second if , soccer association two distinct things

Ahmad18s
06-16-2009, 04:27 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but those of you who don't want TM to qualify have issues. Who gives a $hit what the people in the government say? This is sport. This is futbol. This is Team Meli.

anoush
06-16-2009, 05:03 AM
hey guys, so this game is for qualification to world cup?? what time is it london time?

Persiadic gee
06-16-2009, 06:25 AM
How in the hell can people say i hope iran dont qualify????In a couple days when everythings come down the only joy its left is knowing iran will play in world cup something to look forward to and we gone give that up for the goverment to not have anything to say that insane!!

footballdxb
06-16-2009, 09:03 AM
Well, I always thought playing in TM for any Iranian player was a plus in his CV which could gain the player more credibility in his abilities/experience and indirectly better financial deals in club level. This paycheck story is really something which could be handled by players in a different way. I somehow feel a bit shameful when presently there are people dying in Iran for the sake of better future for Iranians and somehow some of our boys are thinking taking advantage of the crucial value of the game for settling their accounts with an uncompetent federation...
I as a fan expect a more "patriotic" response from them rather than raising some financial matters.
Honestly, so far, I do not think Iran deserve his ticket to the WC2010... but I wish 100% success to our boys in their game vs. S. Korea. IF I were a TM player, in order to honor my countrymen, I would play a different match with different targets in the upcoming game. I would play a match with a complete different mentality and displaying a different football than what we saw from TM recently. A match marking the beginning of a CHANGE. Ghotbi is definitely the right person for passing such kind of messages to our players.:6ta:
Go Iran Go TM:iran2::irani::iran::iran::iran:

Keano
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
I just can't even imagine not wishing Iran to qualify to WC under any circumstances! I hope we'll beat S. Korea tomorrow and as result people will fill the streets of Iran cities, cheering and celebrating while peacefully condemning the IR!

06-16-2009, 09:08 PM
man in chiza haleem nist
man jae ina boodam tamame sayamo mikardam ke bebarim. mardom in hame daran mimirano ina in bazikona kari nemitoonan bokonan hade aghal talasheshoono boknan ke berim WC dele mardom yekami shad she...

sportsman
06-16-2009, 09:45 PM
man in chiza haleem nist
man jae ina boodam tamame sayamo mikardam ke bebarim. mardom in hame daran mimirano ina in bazikona kari nemitoonan bokonan hade aghal talasheshoono boknan ke berim WC dele mardom yekami shad she...

exactly, anything less is seriously retarded IMO.

Gheyrat and professionalism are two keyfactors. When you have gheyrat and professionalism the rest comes automatic. Skills come, hardwork comes along, money comes, fitness comes along and especially the love of the fans.
70% of all players have the same level of talent, ofcourse there are always gems such as karimi during his prime, but in general everything comes along whn one have gheyrat. Unfortunately this generation lacks the shere motivation and will.

That is exactly ghotbis key strenght, he can work on the players attitude. Daeis main problem was that his standards were to high, he tried to implement the standards of european discipline amongst quasi-pro iranian players. Say whatever you want about the man, but do you remember when he scored the winning goals against the iraqis in baghdad back in the days? I've never seen so much pride.

Well that was just one of his problems, along with his stubborness and personal grudges etc. But the difference is right there, Ghotbi is a great motivator, at least it's to late to implement advanced tactics ATM, so ppl should let him be like a mentor giving advice.

sportsman
06-16-2009, 09:47 PM
I just can't even imagine not wishing Iran to qualify to WC under any circumstances! I hope we'll beat S. Korea tomorrow and as result people will fill the streets of Iran cities, cheering and celebrating while peacefully condemning the IR!

We need more fans like you Keano jan. You're old school. We'll never give up on our country, let the haters hate and skeptic people do their thing, but they should be ashamed afterward, when TM makes everyone happy. Down with the bandwagon-fans. Down with destructive criticism. It's not exactly the pessimism that got our people out of the hard situation during the eighties. And pessimism certainly won't take us anywhere now. Back then we didn't have sh*t, just bombs, fright and pressure, and food-coupons. Why should it be any harder now?

Wonder what they will tell their children in the future? Excuses won't do. There are no excuses for being such a pessimist, not doing sh*t to improve the situation in our country. Let the losers throw in their towels.

bezashah
06-17-2009, 12:13 AM
IRAN FOR WORLD CUP 2010 ! :Party: