PDA

View Full Version : FIFA MUST DO SOMETHING TO AVOID Possible MATCH FIXING Of KSA vs N. Korea

perosee726
06-12-2009, 12:14 AM
Why is the game KSA vs N. Korea and s.Korea and Iran not played at the same time? ksa game starts 5.5 hours later after iran game. This is not fair because if Iran ties with S. korea(which is very likely), N.korea and Saudi might do a match fix by ending the game result with a draw which means at least they both will stay alive in the tournament and Iran gets eliminated. THIS IS NOT FAIR, FIFA MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TO AVOID POSSIBLE MATCH FIXING...

Can we write petition to fifa or something????

bezashah
06-12-2009, 12:30 AM
Why is the game KSA vs N. Korea and s.Korea and Iran not played at the same time? ksa game starts 5.5 hours later after iran game. This is not fair because if Iran ties with S. korea(which is very likely), N.korea and Saudi might do a match fix by ending the game result with a draw which means at least they both will stay alive in the tournament and Iran gets eliminated. THIS IS NOT FAIR, FIFA MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS TO AVOID POSSIBLE MATCH FIXING...

Can we write petition to fifa or something????

yes...but lead the way :)

bezashah
06-12-2009, 12:31 AM
besides, iran must win, forget the draw thing...not gonna happen, IRAN HAS TO WIN

perosee726
06-12-2009, 01:03 AM
Win in Seoul? Its far from achieving unfortunately =)(

perosee726
06-12-2009, 01:34 AM
I sent the petition request to Fifa under the email: vmanilal@fbdevelopment.org

I hope they consider the request.

highflyerreborn
06-12-2009, 01:38 AM
Petition for match fixing why would any team want to match fix , both North Korea and KSA have a chance at direct entry into world cup finals -

Iran has a daunting task to win at South Korea - and watching them play vs Saudi they were very very organized

perosee726
06-12-2009, 01:51 AM
Just think about it, if the game KSA vs N. Korea reach like 75 min and its still a tie,(and iran korea game tied) probably none of the two team will risk to attack, because none of the two teams would want to risk of giving up a goal late in the game and get eliminated. Most likely the team that would go to play off in that case(KSA) would prefer to go to play off, rather than risking on giving up a goal late in the game and get eliminated. May be i am wrong, but it's possible.

saravireeka
06-12-2009, 09:36 AM
Game start at same time, feel sorry for N. Korea, they have to play SKA at Riaz, 4pm, probably 110 dergrees.

Keano
06-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Game start at same time, feel sorry for N. Korea, they have to play SKA at Riaz, 4pm, probably 110 dergrees.

No it doesn't, this game starts 6 hours after S. Korea and Iran's game.

BTW at PFDC they've launched a campaign to flood FIFA and AFC's emails with complaints over this issue, so did I. I thought I would share the email links with you guys:

media@the-afc.com

and a FIFA direct contact form: http://www.fifa.com/contact/form.html

Foosball_Champ
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
The N. and S korea game starts exactly one hour after Iran game which isn't that bad.

Here is the FIFA link:http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/matches/date=062009.html

17/06/09 19:30 Manama Bahrain - Uzbekistan
17/06/09 20:00 Seoul Korea Republic - Iran
17/06/09 20:20 Melbourne Australia - Japan
17/06/09 21:00 Riyadh Saudi Arabia - Korea DPR

Problem solved. :)

perosee726
06-12-2009, 04:00 PM
NO problem is not solved. The timing zone of korea is several hours ahead of KSA.

So coverting the hours to PST it would be:

S.Korea vs Iran

20:00:00 Wednesday June 17, 2009 in Asia/Seoul converts to
04:00:00 Wednesday June 17, 2009 in America/Los_Angeles

================================================== =========

KSA vs N.Korea

21:00:00 Wednesday June 17, 2009 in Asia/Riyadh converts to
11:00:00 Wednesday June 17, 2009 in America/Los_Angeles

So the first game start at 4 AM and the second at 11 AM :( :(

06-12-2009, 10:32 PM
yes...but lead the way :)

hahahaHAHAHA very well said

payam
06-13-2009, 07:22 AM
North Korea and Saudi Arabia both would want to become second in the group.
There is no guarantee the third team could easily beat Bahrain and New Zealand

Aladdin
06-14-2009, 03:21 AM
Iran Asks for Simultaneous Final Group Games

Iran has asked Asian Football Confederation (AFC) to hold the final group B games simultaneously.
All over the World, decisive final group games are played simultaneously in order to assure the same conditions for all teams involved. All over the World, except Asia, where Iran will have to play its crucial final qualifier hours before the other two teams still competing for a World Cup spot.
Ahead of the final match day, second placed North Korea and third placed Saudi Arabia occupy the direct qualification spot and the play-off spot, having collected 11 points each. The two teams are scheduled to meet each other in Riyadh next Wednesday, Persian Football wrote.
Iran, with 10 points, stands in fourth position and will play already qualified South Korea in Seoul on the same day--but not at the same time.
Only in case of Iranian win, they could be sure of at least a play-off spot. In case of a draw, they would have to hope for anything but a draw in Riyadh, but with the two teams already knowing the Iranian result, this is exactly what they will play out.

History Lesson
This problem of course is not new to the world of football. It already came to surface during the 1982 World Cup, when West Germany and Austria took advantage of such scheduling.
The brave Algerians had to play their final group game ahead of those two, and at the time of the start of the clash between the two European sides, it was clear a 1-0 win for Germany would see both of them through, on cost of Algeria.
Germany scored an early goal and a shameful non-aggression pact afterwards ensured the passage to the next round for both teams.
The Algerian players watching the game from the stands waved with dollar notes in anger to indicate match fixing. However, of course there had been no real match fixing--the happenings were a logical result of the poor scheduling and the resulting lack of incentive for either side to take any risks--exactly what will be the case in Asian Football Confederation qualification next Wednesday, should Iran draw in Seoul.

No Excuses
“As mentioned in Art. 17, Par. 10 of the Regulations for the 2010 FIFA World Cup (Preliminary Competition) it shall be ensured that matches in the same group are played simultaneously when the situation demands this for sporting reasons.“
“However due to a significant difference time zone between South Korea and Saudi Arabia as well as the extremely high temperatures reigning at daylight in Saudi Arabia and last but not least in order to protect players health integrity, the kick off time has been confirmed at 20.00 (local time) in Seoul and 21.00 (local time) in Riyadh,“ FIFA tells any interested fan sending an inquiry on this matter.
The schedule, brightly fixed already before the draw, from the beginning ensured that on the final match day the first seed hosts the second seed, while the third seed will host the fourth team in the group.
With the seeding already determined at the time of the scheduling and Australia and South Korea being the first seeds, it was clear from the beginning that the second seeds, Iran and Japan, would have to play their final group game in either of the two countries.
Meanwhile the third seeds had been determined as Saudi Arabia and Bahrain. It didn’t take a genius to figure out with that scheduling the final games could not be held at the same time, especially not in midst of June--and also that Saudi Arabia and Bahrain would play later therefore get a huge advantage over Iran and Japan.
It has to be mentioned the seeding is based on the achievements in the previous World Cup campaign. Therefore the reward for Iran being seeded higher than Saudi Arabia and North Korea is having to play ahead of them, seems a bit illogical, to say the least. Why Iran’s final group game isn’t scheduled a day later as an advantage over the lower seeded teams, is also surprising.

Not the First Time
Such bias does not occur for the first time in the AFC zone. Books could be filled with similar issues, but this qualification campaign alone bears other examples.
Iran, as second seeds, was punished with a schedule forcing them to fly roughly 20.000 kilometers (12.000 miles) during ten days, now at the end of the qualification campaign. The other competing team has to cover two thirds of the distance maximum.
Where is the sense in sending Iran to the Korean peninsula, back to Iran and then back to Korea for the final three games?
Another issue in this qualification was another distortion of competition by FIFA and AFC. After North Korea’s refusal to fly South Korea’s flag and play their hymn in Pyongyang, only the match between the two sides was moved to a neutral venue.
This clearly favored the South Korean’s over the other three teams in the group, who had to travel to Pyongyang. Saudi Arabia and the UAE lost there, only Iran won a point.

Source WWW.iran-daily.com

highflyerreborn
06-14-2009, 04:08 AM
Sometimes I wonder how it must feel like to just win all games like Japan or Australia and you know just be relaxed in final rounds - instead of opening up fifa rule books and petetions

But that is just me ... if Iran had won , or if they had not allowed korea to score in azadi perhaps -

But I am a silly person :rolleyes:

mouhammad
06-14-2009, 06:24 AM
guys,

this is absolutely absurd, to think Saudis or North Koreans would do a match fixing. People compare this situation with 1982 Germany against austria. How can we compare this two. Here, if Saudis don't win, they have to go through play offs. This is surely not what they want. 1982 a draw was enough for both teams to go through. I think we iranians always love conspiracy theories and we like to justify our shortcomings with this kind of bullshit. In this world cup qualification we can't blame any body except ourself if we don't qualify. we had more share of luck than anything else. if we are not good enough which I don't think we are, to beat korea which it has not any motivation to win next game, so we should go to the world cup. Our team should concentrate to win against Korea. We are not playing Brazil or Germany, we should be able to win, any other result, is not good enough.
I believe we lose 2-0.

EYDADEBIDAD
06-15-2009, 01:07 PM
Saudi Arabia will eventually buy itself to the world cup! They have money, power and influence in Asia!

Persiadic gee
06-16-2009, 06:21 AM
Sometimes I wonder how it must feel like to just win all games like Japan or Australia and you know just be relaxed in final rounds - instead of opening up fifa rule books and petetions

But that is just me ... if Iran had won , or if they had not allowed korea to score in azadi perhaps -

But I am a silly person :rolleyes:

That was the best thing i heard man i wonderd my self how it feels like once knowing for sure we will make it.