View Full Version : Getting to know current S. Korea

06-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I am not sure how many of you folks managed to watch S. Korea V. KSA match on Wednesday, those who watched it will agree with me if I said the Koreans could have easily won this match by 3-4 goal margin, their unbelievable pressure on the Saudis' goal was amazing, the fans as usual as crazy and loud as always.

There are rumors that Park Ji Sung and Kim Chi-woo and perhaps Park Ju Yung won't play for S. Korea. Park Ji Sung has a yellow and they don't wan to risk him for WC since cards will carry over to World Cup which by the way I believe is stupid!

Anyway below is the highlights of S. Korea V. KSA, I think it's worth watching:

06-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Thanks for the post.

These guys look they are in shape, huh? None of this 30 minutes of soccer, 60 minutes of long balls, b.s.

Any idea what formation the Koreans are going to use? I hope we don't use the same formation as last time. I don't what the point of that was.... Pejman in the middle and Hashemian alone up front? I recommend a 4-2-2-2 or 4-2-4. We need to challenge them in the air. Maybe play defensive, counter attack, running down the wings and set up some crosses. We can't play soccer with these guys for 90 minutes. All we need is a young striker who is good in the air. Unfortunately, we don't have any. In fact we don't have good young strikers. The centre-backs are good in the air but they are too slow to counter attack. Maybe Nekounam could play as attacking midfield, he is our best bet.

As far green lizards are concerned, I wish we could play them again. I want to see them cry almost more than qualifying for the world cup. I hate Saudi Arabia. Just look at the way, they celebrate after scoring a goal.
Bunch of africans playing for bedouin, filthy rich amalee hicks. I bet none of them have graduated from the first grade.

06-12-2009, 03:45 AM
just one thing, it does not matter who we are going against, our strikers can't score to save their life!!!! we should've beat UAE at least 3-0! i want daei back... in the team lineup!

06-12-2009, 09:14 AM
Germany put out 7 goals against this same team that only allowed 1 goal

I mean untill the results are dominating at least as asian level - its just not good enough ...