PDA

View Full Version : IRAN World Cup Qual. Matchday 8, All scenerios and tie breakers!!

Behrang
06-11-2009, 12:52 AM
So I tried looking for this in all the recent threads but couldn't find it cut and dry, so here it is based what I found. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think its right.

Here are the tie breakers
1) Goal Difference
2) Goals Scored
3) Head-Head record

Current standings

pts gf ga gd
NK 11 7 5 +2

SA 11 8 8 0

IR 10 7 6 +1

Iran must either WIN or Tie vs. South Korea, as we all know to have a chance at either 2nd or 3rd place(playoff).

Iran Wins vs. S Korea at any scoreline and N Korea vs. Saudi is tied we get 2nd in the group.

Iran Wins vs. S Korea at any scoreline and N Korea or Saudi wins at any scoreline we get 3rd in the group.

Iran Ties vs. S Korea at any tied score (1-1, 2-2..etc.) and N Korea wins at any scoreline we get 3rd in the group.

Iran Ties vs. S Korea and Saudi win
This is where it gets complicated!

We will have 11pts, NK will have 11pts, Saudi 14pts(2nd place sealed). So its all based on tie-breaker with NK.
If NK lose 1-0 it doesn't matter what score we tie at, we got the tie breaker of head to head as the 1st two are tied.
If NK loses 2-1 we must at least score one goal in our draw (1-1 or 2-2 or more) as the Goal differential will be tied so its all about goals scored next and we both have seven goals going in, so in order to move to next tie breaker(head to head, which we have over NK) we must match N.Korea in goals in our draw.
So if NK loses 3-2 we must tie 2-2 or 3-3 or more.
If we can match the goals NK scores in there loss vs. SA and Tie South Korea we are in as the 3rd place team

I realize we have not played great and many will say if we don't beat South Korea we don't deserve to go to World Cup. But I may be selfish in that I love watching my country play and anyway we sneak in I will be happy. Lets hope for a Win if not, Lets get the draw and hope the NK vs. SA result goes our way.

I hope this helps all who are wondering about scenarios, before the all important Matchday 8 (June 17th)!

:irani:

RASTAFARI
06-11-2009, 01:10 AM
Everybody in life has a task in life. Some people marry and have kids and they dedicate their life to taking care of their famalies and kids. Some stay single and have a dedication to achievements in life thru personal goals set .
The reason I started with that headline is because I feel like there is a disconnect between our players, their dedication to giving 100% and not taking entire nation and people that are a little bit older and have seen thru Iran championship era in 1970 and more glorious points of 1998 qualification as stupid because that we are not and that I can tell after having watched football for over 5 decades that some national team players are giving not even 10% because they are protecting their legs for their clubs and on top of that they would not care less about qualifying.
Please do not take people for stupid and hell with you and your shity attitudes. Out of respect I will not mention names but again I insist that people have eyes, have feeling, did not come out of GOONDOUG yesterday and I hope that honest people will keep them responsible in the future as traitors.

ilovetm
06-11-2009, 03:40 PM
can you explain further?

Behrang
06-11-2009, 04:27 PM
can you explain further?

What part are you confused with?

ilovetm
06-11-2009, 04:43 PM
"I can tell after having watched football for over 5 decades that some national team players are giving not even 10% because they are protecting their legs for their clubs and on top of that they would not care less about qualifying. "

RASTAFARI
06-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Sure Sir.
I do not see any sense of urgency during the game.
I do not see one to one challanges for the ball or winning possesion.
I do not see a leader in the team that stands tall and motivates other players.
Lack of interest.( so what attitudes)
I was listening to AM670 in US and some callers were mentioning that players do not play with Geyhrat and national pride.
I am pretty old guy and what I meant was I have watched soccer since Aziz Asli (Lev yashin) days to present and even when you watch friendlies of some national teams (Ex: Italy versus New Zealand yesterday 4-3) you see the efforts from players that are undeniable but in case of our national team I do not see that.

KABABEE
06-11-2009, 08:50 PM
I can agree with you Rastarafi jan.

The only players that are playing with their heart and with national pride are Kaabi and Rahmati. Rest of them are waiting for some one else to get it done. What do you think?