PDA

View Full Version : A 0-0 with S.Korea and a 1-0 win of KSA over DPR will put us on the play off.

perosee726
06-10-2009, 05:00 PM
A 0-0 with S.Korea and a 1-0 win of KSA over DPR will put us on the play off.
Can some body confirm this with me. I say this because our Goal Diff is +1 and DPR is +2. But it they lose to saudi 1-0, they become +1. So we tie in goal diff with DPR. Then it come to Number of goals scored which again we tie, we both scored 7 goals. Then it come head to head, which will go through since we beat DPR in Azadi.

Can some body confirm that 0-0 with S.korea and a 1-0 win of KSA over DPR will put us on the play off?

Thanks

kharmagas
06-10-2009, 06:00 PM
You start a new thread for this?

KABABEE
06-10-2009, 06:02 PM
Yes, I believe that would put us in the 3rd place and into the play off since:

KSA would finish with 14 points and secure second place and the last automatic birth. Iran and NK would be tied with 11 points each and also tied in total goals with +1. I think the next tie breaker would be head to head and since Iran won 2-1 aginst NK Iran would finish third in the group and would get into the play offs.

Here is the best senerio:

KSA and NK would tie, and Iran would win against South Korea.
Then: KSA and NK would both finish with 12 points and Iran would finish with 13 points. We would then finish second in the group and would get the second automatic birth. No play off needed.

Lets hope.