PDA

View Full Version : Shojai's arrogance could cost us the World Cup!

EYDADEBIDAD
06-10-2009, 01:11 PM
Shojaei has a major mental issues! The dude is alone in front of the goal but he didn't shoot!!! The dude was substituded but didn't want to leave the field and wanted to start an argument on the field with the ref. If Shojai would have scored, the Goal difference will come to play and we could get eliminated from the World Cup by just 1 goal! Over all we sucked....We don't deserve to go to the World Cup. As the Iranian fox commentator said it best, we have Ghotbi, he is a good coach but Iran needs a World Class coach!!! Amen!

damavand
06-10-2009, 01:30 PM
the coaching staff definitely need to fix shojaie's attitude towards the game. he can be a lot more useful on th field if he dedicates himself to the team and focus on his game. he has been extremely agitated in the last two games.

Shojaie should have scored that opportunity. without doubt. there was no excuse for his play on that one. I hope this playing in La Lega hasn't gone to his head too much.

as far as the iranian commentator on Fox, mehran molkara, I like him but he is too critical of every thing about the team. At one point he said of ghotbi: he is very popular among the fans but not among the football people. no basis for his comments about the TM coach.

ilovetm
06-10-2009, 02:23 PM
I just watched a clip of that on youtube. Why didn't he just take it?!??!! Any ideas?

Borhani and Shojaei both seem inexperienced. Compared with Karimi's goal, really the way he plays is on a different level. You could tell he was really "thinking" was very aware of his surroundings, who was where and what his place was when he took that shot. Very good job to him.

saravireeka
06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
I am not saying Ghotbi is the best coach but we attacked left, right, middle but we could not score, I don't know what Ghotbi cand do. Borhani criticize Ghotbi for not believing him, he said he would against NK if he did played. He played one half but he was lost. Shojaee doesn't realize these critical game, Keeper chased him outside of 18 yard, empty net and no one there. He waited until Keeper went to goal area and defense got position, then he cross it.
As far as Molkara, he has A coaching and seems knowledgable but most of the time he doesn't know what he is talking about. He used to be very vocal critique of Ghotbi, he tune down his criticism.

Keano
06-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Shojaei really disappointed me these past 2 games, his failure in converting that golden opportunity in front of the goal just irritated me, it's really sad to see our players not to be able to make wise last minute decisions. Also for the first time in the past 4-5 years I saw a TM that does not set back and go all defensive once scoring a goal. TM kept attacking pretty much throughout the game, you gotta admit that scoring on a all defensive team is not the easiest task! UAE would have gotten the biggest kick out of drawing this match with Iran, simply because seeing us getting eliminated from WCQ would have given them a great pleasure!

ilovetm
06-10-2009, 04:39 PM
Shojaei really disappointed me these past 2 games, his failure in converting that golden opportunity in front of the goal just irritated me, it's really sad to see our players not to be able to make wise last minute decisions. Also for the first time in the past 4-5 years I saw a TM that does not set back and go all defensive once scoring a goal. TM kept attacking pretty much throughout the game, you gotta admit that scoring on a all defensive team is not the easiest task! UAE would have gotten the biggest kick out of drawing this match with Iran, simply because seeing us getting eliminated from WCQ would have given them a great pleasure!

Not that i'm an expert in these things or even close, but on first blush, he seems very poorly trained and like he's put in a position to play even though hes not quite ready. He needs some good training and fine tuning. His mistakes seem to be careless, due to not thinking, and inexperience.

kharmagas
06-10-2009, 05:56 PM
Germany plays crap against Turkey, has 2 occassions the whole game and scores 3 goals to win the game! That's the winner mentality that TM lacks. I had the impression deep inside they knew they don't deserve to go to WC. How else would you explain missing those occasions on empty goal?

It's better this team doesn't make it to WC anyhow, the result would be two 3-0 and 4-0 losses and if they are lucky a 0-0 against an African team.

KABABEE
06-10-2009, 06:16 PM
I understand you all are upset about that play and so am I, BUT just a minute.

Is it arrogance or lack of experience and self confidence?
Don't forget that Shojaie was not even an starter last year. He would come off the bench. How many real starts does he have for TM on the big stage? 5 or 6? A player needs to develope and that comes with time and experience.
I think it was the lack of self confidence that did not allow him to take the shot. He probably was worried about missing and tried to secure the goal even more by passing. Sure it was a wrong idea, but he will learn that with time.
Our fans see a young player come in and do some great dribbling and score a goal in couple of games and they think he is another Daie or Pele. That's not the case, young great players will have flashes of greatness, but it takes time and experience to do it game after game.
Shojaie is an example of that. Give him a break and a chance to develope some more and build his confidence and he will be fine.

mouhammad
06-10-2009, 07:29 PM
it is good that we are still in it. But this team is very shakey and our main problem is scoring. I mean Shojai is a huge disappointment, but I bet you
qotbi plays him again in the next game, hashemian and as always Borhani. I am a real die hard SS supporter but I have to say he is a crappy striker because when it comes in a serious time to score goal, he shit himself. He scored most goals in the last season but again when the team really needs to score he is not there. He hasn't got the nerves. Look Football is a funny game and hopefully we make it but regardless we have one of poorest NT we ever had. I can't remember days we were so praying to score a goal against UAE at home. How the hell we should play against big teams if we play like that against a not full side of UAE. We are still in it until next Wednesday. It is like Lottery until the numbers out, we still hope to win all numbers. So Keep dreaming.

highflyerreborn
06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
lack of confidence - the goal was wide open

footballdxb
06-11-2009, 12:09 AM
I cannot relate Shojaei's underperformance to lack of confidence or inexperience. I watched him in several occasions with Osasuna and he definitely has proven to be a solid player capable of playing in high level of football.

I would attach his lack of performance with TM in our last 2 games to other parameters. The player has just finished a heavy season with Osasuna, tried his best to show what he is capable of and mentally was under a lot of pressure. He finished the league with his club and traveled to Far East in order to join TM where I read in news that despite slight injury and lack of training with the team, he comes in as a starter against North Korea. He disappointed big time of course as he is a skilled player who needs to move a lot with the ball for being effective. Look at the way Masoud was running last night... he was struggling to reach balls. The lack of concentration in making the right decisions and having the right precision (look at the way he crossed the ball) are 100% related to his physical exhaustion.

I am really disappointed that TM got a tired Masoud from a heavy duty Spanish league but ... lets not bash him. This guy needs rest!

On another note, I understand that Mr. Ghotbi would not deny the quality of his legionaires and their impact in our team's performance but he needs also to look at how realistically they are ready to perform, especially when we have fit and hungry players like Khalatbari, Heidari and Madanchi lining up on the bench.

GO IRAN GO TM

highflyerreborn
06-11-2009, 06:15 AM
Well I have to say hats off to

a) Karimi I doubted his first half but he came back in second half
b) Shojai should have scored but I would say big ocassion goosebumps
c) the sub for Kia was All over the field !!! ENERGETIC ...

This is the level of energy needed by 6-7 players to be world class team

EYDADEBIDAD
06-11-2009, 09:13 AM
We need to stop to play emotional football and instead focus on implementing tactics on the field. Most of our players are not 90 minute players therefore the bench needs to be energized and ready to contribute smartly and reliably. So far the style of football has been very pleasant to the eye from Daei's style that players coul not make two passes. However, Ghotbi is going to have a huge task against S. Korea since the 'emotional' Iranian players could self destruct if Korea scores early and bring teh crowd early in the game. Therefore, Ghotbi need to take teh crowd factor out of the game as soon as possible by scoring early and close all the gaps right after. Our midfield, Karimi and Nekounam both have a huge task to give service to the front. If Korea scores early it is all over since the emotion will come to play and our boys start to get yellow and red cards!!! We should try not to selfdestruct...

KABABEE
06-11-2009, 11:36 AM
Where is Zandi?????????

ilovetm
06-11-2009, 12:13 PM
just out of curiosity, I know this TM has gotten a lot of criticism, how does our offense compare to the offense from like 1998. I know we had Daei back then didn't know if he was an "overrated" player. If he was so good, you would think it would reflect on the team when he is in the position of leadership...

Both Shojaei and Borhani seem inexperienced and maybe undertrained. I could be wrong but thats what it "seems" like. The goal was wide open and why he wouldn't take it is beyond me. Hashemian seems so tired, bitter and almost frustrated.

EYDADEBIDAD
06-11-2009, 12:35 PM
just out of curiosity, I know this TM has gotten a lot of criticism, how does our offense compare to the offense from like 1998. I know we had Daei back then didn't know if he was an "overrated" player. If he was so good, you would think it would reflect on the team when he is in the position of leadership...

Both Shojaei and Borhani seem inexperienced and maybe undertrained. I could be wrong but thats what it "seems" like. The goal was wide open and why he wouldn't take it is beyond me. Hashemian seems so tired, bitter and almost frustrated.

I give advantage to 1998 team. The team was nurtured by Blazevic before he got fired right before the contest by losing a freindly to Roma 6-0!!! So that game was not a confidence builder. Talebi took over and the dude was just a community college coach inheriting a fit iranian team with the triad of Karimi, Azizi, Bagheri and a Kia who took care of business against the US. They all were at their prime. Abdzadeh also was a good golie.
2009 team is a tired team. Very uneven. Group of legionnaires at the retirement level, Another group of legionnaire at their peak and a group of IPL players that nobody knows when they will show up to play. Lot of unknown factor. Incompetent Federation head, Kafashian and very corrupt sports head
Ali Abedini that should be jailed.

ilovetm
06-11-2009, 01:37 PM
I just watched the game from sept 2008 against SArabia - shojaei did pretty much the exact same thing and lost a perfect opportunity for a goal.