PDA

View Full Version : We can still make it even if we LOSE to SOUTH KOREA. No, I'm not on drugs.

Exoma
06-08-2009, 09:07 AM
Iran can still make it to South Africa 2010, even if we LOSE to South Korea!

YES! LOSE TO SOUTH KOREA!

How? you say?

WELL! I'LL TELL YOU!

If we beat UAE 2 - 0

South Korea beats Saudi

and then

North Korea beats Saudi

and we lose to South Korea

We will be in third place, and the table will look like this.

Position Team P W D L F A GD Pts

1 South Korea 8 6 2 0 13 3 10 20
2 North Korea 8 4 2 2 8 5 3 14
3 Iran 8 2 4 2 8 7 1 10
4 Saudi Arabia 8 3 1 4 8 10 -2 10
5 UAE 8 0 1 7 6 18 -12 1

KABABEE
06-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Chances are the SK will already be qualified when we get them and they will be playing their B team.

It would be a sad day, if we can't beat their B team with our backs against the wall and still qualify.

If that's the case, we have no business playing in the WC.

yekta
06-08-2009, 12:59 PM

How? you say?

WELL! I'LL TELL YOU!

If we beat UAE 2 - 0

South Korea beats Saudi

and then

North Korea beats Saudi

3 Iran 8 2 4 2 8 7 1 10
5 UAE 8 0 1 7 6 18 -12 1

Ok,let me inject more hope in this equation then,LOL.
Why do you need Iran to beat UAE by 2 goals then?
KSA will be -2 (or worse) if they lose both games,we beat UAE 1-0 and lose 1-0 to SKorea we remain at 0 (even if we lose 2-0 to SKorea we still be -1 and better than KSA)

Oftadeh
06-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Chances are the SK will already be qualified when we get them and they will be playing their B team.

It would be a sad day, if we can't beat their B team with our backs against the wall and still qualify.

If that's the case, we have no business playing in the WC.

SK is ALREADY qualified. I hope they play their B-team, but the chances are they want to embarrass us (due to long rivalry) and would rather see NK have a chance anyway.

I don't actually think we have any business playing in the WC if we can't go through with our head held high from the start, e.g. like SK. However, all these possibilities and last-minute chances etc are rather fun!

HuseinBaharian
06-08-2009, 09:41 PM
Above all we have Ghotbi advantage....SK's love this guy and will be very "kind" to him...they will plsy their B team with least estamina....Iran will get 3 points in SK.....
My only worry is these Olagh Chamani UAE camel jockies.....they will kill themselves for their KSA brothers to get a better position in the qual list...
GO TM...
6 more points and we'r there dude!!!!

Observer
06-08-2009, 10:43 PM
SK is ALREADY qualified. I hope they play their B-team, but the chances are they want to embarrass us (due to long rivalry) and would rather see NK have a chance anyway.

I don't actually think we have any business playing in the WC if we can't go through with our head held high from the start, e.g. like SK. However, all these possibilities and last-minute chances etc are rather fun!

I totally agree- going through back door will only bring a very temporary joy to Iranian soccer fans. Our soccer has been regressed since the last w.c. If we can't finish the top two , we have no business to be in this competition. Again folks nobody is to be blame but the government. As long as the government is so heavily involved and many politicians are survived in their political arena in Iran because of their associations with Iran's football one way or the other we will get nowhere. It doesn't matter even we make it through-very likely we will just be participants in a three game series! Sorry my statement is a downer but we can't full ourselves. Something drastically needs to be done in our football and soccer fans in Iran should tell politicians stay out of our beloved sports and leave it to the soccer experts to run it.

God Bless TM and its great fans!

TM 4 Ever!

mouhammad
06-10-2009, 01:56 AM
guys,
our football has a disease and we should have a complete chance and start from beginning. I am afraid by qualifying we only hide all the problems. If you ask me, in the long run it is better we don't qualify and hopefully we go back to start. Our football is an anti football. Slow and without any creativety. Thats why we always get relatively good result against good team and we can't win easy games. Has anyone wondered why? We are in a way similiar to North Korea style of football.

highflyerreborn
06-10-2009, 02:57 AM
Its too hard to predict if I was coach I would say screw it go for 2 wins and forget about other games and just lock n load

mouhammad
06-10-2009, 06:05 AM

How? you say?

WELL! I'LL TELL YOU!

If we beat UAE 2 - 0

South Korea beats Saudi

and then

North Korea beats Saudi

3 Iran 8 2 4 2 8 7 1 10
5 UAE 8 0 1 7 6 18 -12 1

I am getting sick and tired of if and if and if. this team won't go to the wc. take my word for it.

Oftadeh
06-10-2009, 07:02 AM
I am getting sick and tired of if and if and if. this team won't go to the wc. take my word for it.

Mouhammad, you might yet be surprised. There is a chance even if we lose both our next games. This is how it works:

North Korean players will defect on their visit to Saudi Arabia. NK will be disqualified, and we can go to the WC with our head held high and a bunch of truly professional players for their truly great effort for our qualification.

kharmagas
06-10-2009, 09:00 AM
We will qualify if war break out between 2 Koreas and both drop out of WC. Hey, if Israel attacks Saudi Arabia we'll even qualify as the group's first team!

highflyerreborn
06-10-2009, 09:10 AM
The probbability now is

KOREA 100% 15 points (No pressure they outclassed KSA)
KSA 60% 11 points (Home advantage)
North Korea 50% 11 Points (Away from home disadvantage)
Iran 30 % (This could become 40% if they win by 5 goals vs UAE)

In term of performance : KOREA S, Korea N are playing good soccer
One plays great attack, other players italian style solid df

Oftadeh
06-10-2009, 09:29 AM
We will qualify if war break out between 2 Koreas and both drop out of WC. Hey, if Israel attacks Saudi Arabia we'll even qualify as the group's first team!

You see, the possibilities are endless! :D

Aladdin
06-10-2009, 09:50 AM
if Iran beat both UAE and S Korea and S Arabia and NKorea tie then Iran will be the ruuner up in the group and qualify.

If Iran beat both UAE and S Korea but S Arabia or N Korea don't tie then the winner of S Arabia and N Korea will be the runner up and Iran is in third place and then play the winner of Bahrain and Uzbekstan (or Bahrain if they tie) and if iran beat Bahrain 9or Uzbekstan) then they need to beat New Zeland.