PDA

View Full Version : Iran vs. North Korea -- discuss it here

damavand
06-06-2009, 08:25 AM
Iran 0-0 North Korea

Iran managed another disappointing result with a sub par display.
Let me start by saying that Rahmati put on an spectacular display, managing numerous saves that should earn him the man of the match honors. the one point we got is definitely because of him.

on the other side of the spectrum, Hashemian should earn the worst player of the match honors as he played like an inexperience, immature 17 years old who had never touched football before. I think this is the right time to bench him FOREVER. Has this guy really been playing in germany for such a long time? and he got worse and worse as the game went on.

Aghili is pure crap too. I know we do not have quality central defenders at the moment, but his play is beyond ridiculous. It's time for him to joint Hashemian on the bench until he can get his act together.

The rest is really not much to discuss. there were some questionable picks as we virtually had no wingers on either side. Not sure why Gholamreza Rezai, Kazemian, madanchi or khalatbari were not utilized, with last two filling in late as subs didn't mount to any thing. Where is gholamreza Rezaie? Is he injured? can some body explain this to me.

Shojaie once again failed to live up to his potential for TM.

the rest of the team really played mediocre that didn't deserve any thing more than the tie we got.

mouhammad
06-06-2009, 08:56 AM
god, it was disappointing. I really don't understand our tactic. Here we need to win and we play with one player at the front and the player is Hashemian. How the hell we suppose to win. This is ridiculous. I really don't understand. We had at most 2 or 3 shots in the entire game. I mean com on, this is unbelievable. Take my word for it, even against UAE we get a draw or we lose. This is the most slowest team I have ever seen. It is almost slow motion football. We play like in 70s football.There is no creative play, no forward players and crapy defense. Guys, it is better that we don't go to the world cup. Imagine we go the world cup, it would be an embarrassing. God we play shit football.

RASTAFARI
06-06-2009, 12:09 PM
The truth is any other team in this group wih a bit more experience finishers would have socred two or three past us easily and on top it off we had a excellent goalkeeping to keep it 0-0.
As I have said before many many times and other members are well aware of it we have a major problem at club level in Iran where very little attention is being given to fitness level, physical stamina and moving around the field without the ball , support casting . For long time blame was on Branco and some honest members were trying to point out that he is not really at fault. He puts in the field the best we have and our best is what you see today with Ghotbi at the helm and it is not good enough in the current state of soccer played in 21st century. We have one win so far and that was against same team and another top notch performance by rahmati in Iran.
Very disappointing display all around. Shojea should have been red carded and any other referee would have kicked him out repeatdly fouling. Our time managment is so bad , with 7 minutes to go minute 83 and 3 additional time, the ball was only in field of play for less than 3 minutes. The rest was side distraction with Subs,injury and argument ???

KABABEE
06-06-2009, 12:16 PM
Slow down.
This was Qotbi's first real game. No we didn't look great, but I saw improvements. We were more organized. Players didn't make the regular mistakes. Aside from Karimi, most players played hard. I have no Idea where Zandi was. With his size and tough play, he would have been helpful.
Also don't forget we were on the road, in a very tough place to play. NK fans were great and they also had a lot on the line and brought thier best game. Sure we can say we should have played more offensivly, but you do that and give up a goal and you can forget 2010.
We had to be somewhat careful.
A draw was not great for us, however it kept us alive. Now we have UAE at home and if we beat them, we probably play S. Korea after they already have qualified and that would be a great help. S. Korea will play much easier if they have already qualified.
Keep the Faith. We are still breathing and the teams pulse looked a little stronger than before.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 12:16 PM
In my opinion, TM looked totally uncohesive. There was a lot disconnect in the field; poor passing, passes were easily intercepted, man to man N. Korea won majority of the efforts; I agree Hashemian was useless as always; Karimi was invisible, I expected more from him. Looks like they have not practiced enough together. They played rather defensively. I'm not sure what Ghotbi had in mind. UAE & S. Korea are both tough teams; I think we are pretty much out of the running.

Oftadeh
06-06-2009, 12:38 PM
TM was much better organised, but so SLOW. The weakest point was having Hashemian in at all. We need better forwards.

As I have said before we are unlikely to qualify and so be it, we are not good enough to qualify. Qotbi should have been appointed at first when Daei was and he may have had enough of a chance to take care of qualification.

I would be surprised if we win on Wednesday against UAE.

The most positive point out of all this is that AT LAST we again have a GREAT goalkeeper who has been consistently dependable.

Thank goodness this whole qualification nightmare will end this month and we don't have to agonise any longer.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 12:57 PM
I watching UAE-S. Korea. UAE is getting killed. It is already 0-2 for Korea.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 01:00 PM
UAE is no match for S. Korea. Great attacking game from S. Korea.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 01:08 PM
Half time break. UAE 0 - S. Korea 2. UAE started playing better towards the end of the half. I think Korea will score again in second half. UAE is leaving their back line to exposed. They are not getting back properly on S. Korea counterattacks.

saravireeka
06-06-2009, 01:10 PM
I watching UAE-S. Korea. UAE is getting killed. It is already 0-2 for Korea.
That is good for Iran, we don't want S. korea get in the mix, If they qualify, their B team will face us like last world cup.
As far as the game, if Shojaee scored, we would have a different game but we were so lucky in second half. Like I said before I don't know why Khalili was there. He should sub Ali Karimi with Kalatbari 10 min in second half. One more time Daei proved the reason Karimi was not part of his team because of he is not fit for TM not personal issue. We should beat the emarat good, we need several goals. Like Ghotbi said his toughest game is emarat game.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 01:36 PM
S. Korea is down to 10 Men, Kim Jung Woo was dismissed. UAE is pushing forward.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 02:03 PM
UAE player just got red carded.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 02:16 PM
It over S. Korea wins by two goals. This was very solid performance by S. Korea. They controlled the match despite being a man down for most of the match. When UAE had their player red carded it was all over. Saudi will have to face both Koreas as well. Let's see what Iran does on Wednesday.

Ardavan
06-06-2009, 02:28 PM
we win by 2 or more on Wednesday.. and south korea wins saudi we're back in the game! but i doubt south korea can take a win in saudi.

swenguzzi
06-06-2009, 02:45 PM
So, Australia and Japan have qualified from group A, and S. Korea from group B. I agree that Saudi is going to have equal hard time with both Koreas. There is still a slim chance for Iran.

Keano
06-06-2009, 03:21 PM
but i doubt south korea can take a win in saudi.

They already beat KSA 2-0 in Fahd Stadium, the return match is in Seoul and in front of their hostile crowd!

On a side note I thought TM played a great 1st half, the first half display of TM was IMHO one of the best performances I have seen from TM this past 2-3 years. Fantastic teamwork and passing, good pressure and consistency. However once again TM proved to lack sufficient Stamina, thus the 2nd half we were clearly out of energy and consequently pretty much out of the game!

I am positive in our UAE match we will be much better and beat them in Azadi, then hopefully with a draw or hopefully a win against S. Korea we will qualify!

Oftadeh
06-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Regardless of all other scores, if we beat UAE with more than 2 goals and just draw with S Korea, we are going to be third place and into the play-offs.

yavar
06-06-2009, 05:54 PM
i think South Korea might play their B team against Saudi's too,, since they have qualified already.
I hope no more points for N. Korea.
A win by South Korea over Saudi,,, then we need 4 points
but if Saudi get points from South K. they do not have to gat all 3 points from North K,, therefore we need 6 points which is hard to come by.

as far as out 0-0 against North Korea,,, first half was ours and second half theirs. fair result,,,, but if Iran could score one or two in first hald, we would have won the game.

Shojaie was not really a factor,,, maybe because Nosrati would not go up to help him like Kabi did for Mahdavikia.

I would change Mahdavi kia and Shojaie and Hashemian all in 60 min. if i was the coach,,, and replaced them by Khatibi,,, Madanchi,,,, Kazemian or Another center forward.
too late now,,, another hard task on Wed.
Good Luck to IRAN and hope all of us be happy at the end.

Ahmad18s
06-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Regardless of all other scores, if we beat UAE with more than 2 goals and just draw with S Korea, we are going to be third place and into the play-offs.

South Korea- 14
North Korea- 11
KSA- 10
Iran- 7

I'm not sure about that. If KSA beats South Korea and North Korea beat KSA, it's impossible to get the third spot for the play-offs and with just win one and tie one. The only two non-TM games left are:

KSA-South Korea & KSA-North Korea

Qualification Standards for Third Place:

Win one, tie one
-KSA must lose BOTH their games.
-North Korea loses final game and Iran makes up goal differential (behind by 2 goals; 6-6 to 7-5).
-KSA loses one game and ties one game, and Iran wins goal differential (both teams even; 6-6 to 8-8).

Win one, LOSE one
-KSA must lose both games and we must beat them in goal differential

Win both games
-Iran will be guaranteed third place if they win their last two games.

*Lets just hope that TM wins both games rather than have to go through all the BS complications.

mouhammad
06-06-2009, 08:12 PM
South Korea- 14
North Korea- 11
KSA- 10
Iran- 7

I'm not sure about that. If KSA beats South Korea and North Korea beat KSA, it's impossible to get the third spot for the play-offs and with just win one and tie one. The only two non-TM games left are:

Win one, tie one
-North Korea loses final game and Iran makes up goal differential (behind by 2 goals; 6-6 to 7-5).
-KSA loses one game and ties one game, and Iran wins goal differential (both teams even; 6-6 to 8-8).

Win one, LOSE one

Win both games

*Lets just hope that TM wins both games rather than have to go through all the BS complications.

I think you are right, if KSA wins against South Korea and lose against North, we have no chance of getting 3 spot even if we win both games. North will have 14 points and Saudis 13 equal points with us with the advantage of one win against us. I don't think the goal difference will play any roles. We are gone. Iran is a sh*t team anyway. We save lot of embarrassment not going to WC.

Oftadeh
06-07-2009, 06:09 AM
I think you are right, if KSA wins against South Korea and lose against North, we have no chance of getting 3 spot even if we win both games. North will have 14 points and Saudis 13 equal points with us with the advantage of one win against us. I don't think the goal difference will play any roles. We are gone. Iran is a sh*t team anyway. We save lot of embarrassment not going to WC.

Goal difference IS the 1st option, not head-to-head. It's in the rules on FIFA's site. But you are right, why should we go to WC with this team - under any circumstances!?

footballdxb
06-07-2009, 08:20 AM
Dame Rahmati garm... he was outstanding. Here below are my other comments on this match:

Positive:
. The way we played in the first quarter of the match.
. I think Hosseini was one of our players who did quite well.
. Not losing a match where the second half was totally dominated by the N. Koreans and where the referee was obviously with North Koreans (shameless refereeing!)

Negative:
.Hashemian's performance will get our team nowhere unfortunately. I am amazed how he advances with the ball and never looks up for positioning himself or at least finding his mates. I even rather having Masoud Shojaei or Ali Karimi playing as strikers.
. Ali Karimi's lack of presence in the game for long periods. As one of the key players in our team, IMHO, he did not take his responsibility actively.
. Mehdi Mahdavikia as our Capt. was inexistent. We definitely lack a real leader on the pitch.
. Masoud Shojaei's over-confident attitude and lack of concentration. After playing with a team beating Barcelona and Real Madrid on consecutive weeks, Masoud needs to find his game even against weaker opponents.
. Slow circulation of the ball. It was amazing to witness how slowly and approximately the passing game is played by our players. The N. Korean defense had no problem in regrouping itself.
. Total change of attitude by Iran after the half-time. TM regularly fails to perform well in second halves. This is a real concern as the second half is considered to be coach's half! It seems that any change of tactics in the second halves confuses our players and the way they played in the first half.
. Disappointing subs. Khalili's come back was a disaster for him and for our team. Very late addition of Khalatbari who proved to be one of our most prepared and motivated players was shocking!

It is true that TM proposed nothing extraordinary for truely gaining the heart of its fans. Even though I would love to see our team in the world cup and against heavy weights of international football, however, I do not see how our team is going to propose something much different from what we witnessed yesterday against a very average side.

BTW, if I were Barcelona's recruiter, I definitely would give a shot to Rahmati as a GK (even second keeper) in their first team. Seriously, Valdez is not bad but Rahmati could beat him performancewise any time! What a GK!

GO IRAN GO TM

swenguzzi
06-07-2009, 01:57 PM
In my opinion, IFF should keep Ghotbi as the TM head coach even if Iran does not qualify, and start building for the Asian Cup. At this point I don't see TM making it. My precision for next two matches is, a tie or win against UAE, and a tie or loss against S. Korea.

Qualifying for the world cup is not like preparing for a final exam, where you don't do anything the whole year, and start cramming two hours before the test hoping for the best.

TM needs to play and earn its own keep. They cannot depend on the referee or other teams to facilitate their qualifying. Non of the teams will be doing Iran any favors to make TM qualify.

I hope that they keep Ghotbi for the Asian cup.

Ahmad18s
06-08-2009, 12:18 AM
South Korea- 14
North Korea- 11
KSA- 10
Iran- 7

Win one, tie one

Win one, LOSE one

Win both games

I never said that if KSA wins South Korea and loses no North Korea Iran has no chance. If you look at the standing with the scenario you just said, Iran would have 13 points and North Korea would be stuck with only 11 points, winning Iran 3rd place. Trust me, if Iran wins both games, they get thrid. Anything else, and we have to go by the scenario's I put in the previous post.