PDA

View Full Version : Manchester United v. Arsenal 3-1

Farooq
05-05-2009, 08:21 PM
What the hell happened?
My two cents says bad coaching by Wenger. He should have used Arshvian, Vela and a tighter defense.

I hope I don't have to watch a rerun of Manchester United v. Chelsea.
The only team I hate more than Manchester United is Chelsea.

footballdxb
05-06-2009, 06:09 AM
Lets face it, Arsenal gets the best results comparing to the amount of money they spend (team's annual budget)! I think the amount of profits Arsenal generates per year are phenomenal. Wenger's contribution to the financial success of the team is huge.

I did not see the match but I would be very surprised if Arshevin did not play. Recently, he has been a key player in his side.

Hamid_Blue
05-06-2009, 08:35 AM
xby jan, you are right about balance sheet comparison. This is one of many reasons why Arsenal fades towards the end of the season. Another issue with Arsenal is that they don't have an identity on the field. They lost their (on the field) identity when Henry left. Henry was a true super star. Arsenal invested their future in young and talented players which at this point have developed into star players but you cannot accuse of being super stars.

footballdxb
05-07-2009, 10:43 AM
What the hell happened?
My two cents says bad coaching by Wenger. He should have used Arshvian, Vela and a tighter defense.

I hope I don't have to watch a rerun of Manchester United v. Chelsea.
The only team I hate more than Manchester United is Chelsea.

Farooq jaan, just one point in regard to Arshavin: he was transferred to Arsenal recently and before that he played for Zenith in European matches ... therefore he could not be employed by Arsenal in their European matches.
ftbldxb