PDA

View Full Version : Afshin Ghotbi named new HC of TM

HoomanYZ
04-22-2009, 10:47 AM
http://ffiri.ir/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=2009

Hamid_Blue
04-22-2009, 10:53 AM
I will believe it when I see him on TM bench for our next game.

Improved optimism among fans

Hopefully we can all unite and support TM in the remaining games.

Oftadeh
04-22-2009, 11:08 AM
It's a shame he has to come in at this difficult stage where he may find it ultra-difficult to achieve WC qualification, because he will tarnish his good reputation.

In fact I don't believe for one second that we will qualify, so I think he has made a bad choice to accept this sinking ship. I don't even believe we'll come 3rd to have a final chance to qualify.

Anyway, does he think he will be treated better than he was at PP?

I don't accept "his knowledge of the Koreans" as sufficient weight to justify his ability for us to qualify. I am not particularly questioning his abilities, I just don't think our players have the discipline and fitness to qualify if we were coached by Capello.

I guess I am a pessimist. :( So to end on a positive note:

For the Asian Cup and the longer term, however it is all for his taking if he can build a worthy, fit team.

saravireeka
04-22-2009, 11:12 AM
It is true.
http://www.iransport.net/News/Asp/Detail_News.asp?id=51193

arvand
04-22-2009, 11:34 AM
maaaan, so much drama :D lol IFF has practically ruined the TM. So much drama, so much hashiyeh, so much lack of planning and support...

Hamid_Blue
04-22-2009, 11:44 AM
It's a shame he has to come in at this difficult stage where he may find it ultra-difficult to achieve WC qualification, because he will tarnish his good reputation.

In fact I don't believe for one second that we will qualify, so I think he has made a bad choice to accept this sinking ship. I don't even believe we'll come 3rd to have a final chance to qualify.

Anyway, does he think he will be treated better than he was at PP?

I don't accept "his knowledge of the Koreans" as sufficient weight to justify his ability for us to qualify. I am not particularly questioning his abilities, I just don't think our players have the discipline and fitness to qualify if we were coached by Capello.

Oftadeh jan ... I think any logical fan who has followed TM in recent games would admit that our chances for qualification is very slim.

Qotbi: he is in a win-win situation. This is much better situation for him than before. If he wins, he is a hero. If he loses, people will understand that he was put in a difficult situation. I don't necessarily think highly of his coaching credentials but I wish him and TM best of luck (and then some).

Fitness is relative. In order to get into shape, a player should be hungry for excellence and have time for training. Part of the issue with our TM is that we have established players either at TM level (Kia, Kaabi) or club level (Kazemi, Aghili, Hosseini) that don't seem to give their all at times. Either they lost their eagerness to practice or have become complacent.

On the second point, most of our TM players don't have time for fitness training. They are actively involved with their clubs. They need rest before getting into fitness training and that takes time.

damavand
04-22-2009, 12:02 PM
while I think this is good news for all of us TM fans, I cannot believe afshin accepted this offer. he should have sent a letter to IFF and kafashian with a big F U written all over it.

Keano
04-22-2009, 01:57 PM
I was so delighted when I heard about this. I personally believe this will not damage Qotbi's reputation and credentials even if is team does not qualify to WC, at this point pretty much all of us are so desperate and negative over fate of our TM in its remaining 3 matches of WCQ, thus expecting nothing but an embarrassing exit from WCQ, therefore neither one of us will ask for a miracle from any coach with such pathetic state of football in the country.

I strongly believe Choosing Qotbi as a HC was the best decision IFF has made in years, and once again I am more than certain that we will clinch the 3rd spot in the group, mark my words guys! I have been saying this since our painful loss to KSA and still stand by my statement! :cooldude::cooldude::cooldude::cooldude:

Go Qotbi, go...

Peter
04-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Somehow good choise considering our match againt south Korea.He should considerbly knows meny things about both koreas national teams.Good luck to him anyway.:irani:

Hamid_Blue
04-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Keano jan .. can you please pass the cool-aid. :D

Keano
04-22-2009, 02:50 PM
No Hamid jaan I can't, I am afraid if I did that I may run out of coolness! :D

On a serious note I love cool-aid :p

footballdxb
04-23-2009, 12:43 AM
I always thought a HC is nothing without a trustable coaching team capable of advising and assisting the head coach especially in areas where the HC lacks experience. I think the choice of Afshin Ghotbi is a good one because he certainly has some real qualities for coaching our team (National pride, hard working, team work believer, decent example for players, etc...). However, I must admit that I am very much worried about his freedom in chosing his coaching team. If he gets full support in chosing them, I think we will see amazing results from him (even in short run).

I also hope that Afshin Ghotbi can continue his work with TM regardless our WCQ results. Any football fan with a little knowledge of football knows and agrees that miracles could of course happen on the football pitch but no one on such short notice could guarantee such miracles.

Now, lets focus on football and talk football!:iran::irani:

Go TM, Go Ghotbi!

Ahmad18s
04-23-2009, 02:05 AM
I think the man has enough time to put together a game plan before the North Korea game. Ghotbi should have been the HC from the beginning.

:irani::Pers::irani:

highflyerreborn
04-23-2009, 06:39 AM
I think now Iran has a fair chance to qualify again

damavand
04-23-2009, 09:41 AM
here's an excerpt from ESPN.com on appointment of Ghotbi:
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/section?id=worldcup2010&cc=5901

abedross
04-23-2009, 05:27 PM
I'll be praying.....good luck to us.

Keano
04-23-2009, 05:33 PM
He has already arrived in Tehran, let's wish him and TM all the best of luck and success, the amount of reception and great and positive energy TM and Qotbi has received is just delightful and inspiring:

قطبي: به جام جهاني مي رويم
تهران - "افشين قطبي" سرمربي جديد تيم ملي فوتبال ايران گفت: با حمايت هفتاد ميليوني مردم ايران به آساني به جام جهاني آفريقاي جنوبي صعود خواهيم کرد.

وي پنجشنبه شب هنگام ورود به ايران، در فرودگاه بين المللي امام خميني (ره) افزود: از لطفي که مردم ايران به من دارند، سپاسگزارم و افتخار مي کنم در وطنم خدمت کنم.
قطبي در ميان استقبال هزاران تن از فوتبالدوستان که او را روي دستهاي خود بلند کرده بودند، تصريح کرد: حضور در ايران و سر مربي گري تيم ملي، افتخاري بزرگ براي من و هر کس ديگري است و خوشحالم که در تيم ملي ايران فعاليت مي کنم .
سرمربي تيم ملي گفت: زمان کمي براي آماده سازي تيم ملي در اختيار داريم اما انشاءالله با حمايت 70 ميليوني ملت ايران به جام جهاني صعود خواهيم کرد .
وي افزود: ايران منبع هواداران باتعصب و فوتباليستهاي بااستعداد است و من مطمئنم با اين پتانسيل، کاري بزرگ در فوتبال جهان انجام خواهيم داد.
قطبي خاطرنشان ساخت: مهم نيست مربي تيم ملي چه کسي است بلکه مهم موفقيت و صعود تيم ملي ايران به جام جهاني است .
قطبي، از علي دايي به عنوان "بزرگمرد فوتبال" و "محمد مايلي کهن" را "مرد بااخلاق فوتبال ايران" خواند و از آنان به خاطر زحماتشان در دوران سرمربي گري تيم ملي قدرداني کرد.
وي گفت: من از همه مي خواهم به فکر تيم ملي باشند و يک صدا به تشويق آن بپردازند .
قطبي در باره شناخت خود از تيم ملي گفت: به خوبي فوتبال ايران را مي شناسم. فهرستي از بازيکنان و کساني که مي توانند به تيم ملي کمک کنند را در اختيار دارم و مطمئن باشيد از هرکسي که بتواند به تيم ملي فوتبال ما کمک کند، سود خواهم برد .
سرمربي تيم ملي فوتبال ايران در باره زمان آغاز فعاليتش در اين تيم گفت : من از ديروز و زماني که از انتخاب خود به عنوان سرمربي تيم ملي باخبر شدم، کار خود را به عنوان يک مربي حرفه اي آغاز کرده ام .
وي در باره دستياران خود و زمان معرفي آنها اظهارداشت: چند دستيار خارجي در ذهن دارم که پس از بررسي نهايي، دو نفر از آنها را معرفي خواهم کرد و در کنار اين مربيان، از يک مربي ايراني با دانش نيز سود خواهم برد .
قطبي افزود: مطمئن باشيد با صعود به جام جهاني، دل همه مردم ايران را شاد خواهيم کرد و مردم آفريقاي جنوبي به عنوان ميزبان جام جهاني بايد منتظر شيران ايران باشند.
وي يادآور شد: با دو ساعت مذاکره، سرمربي گري تيم ملي ايران را پذيرفتم و مي*خواهم در اين زمينه از محمد علي آبادي معاون رييس جمهوري و رييس سازمان تربيت بدني، علي کفاشيان رييس فدراسيون فوتبال و مهدي تاج نايب رييس و سخنگوي فدراسيون تشکر کنم .
قطبي در باره بازيهاي ايران در مرحله مقدماتي جام جهاني گفت: هر بازي براي من حساسيت خود را دارد، بخصوص بازي با کره ايها که از حساسيت ويژه اي برخوردار است.
وي افزود: ما در گام اول در مقابل کره شمالي بايد پيروز ميدان باشيم تا بتوانيم گام بلندي را
براي صعود به جام جهاني برداريم .
سرمربي جديد تيم ملي فوتبال با قدرداني از مردمي که در فرودگاه به استقبال او آمده بودند، تصريح کرد: مردم ايران همواره به من محبت داشته اند. من از اين استقبال شوکه شدم و به آنها قول مي دهم که با صعود تيم ملي به جام جهاني، دل آنها را شاد کنم .

http://www.irna.ir/NewsMedia/Photo/Smal_Pic/2009%5C4%5C24%5Cimg633761311892343750.jpg

HuseinBaharian
04-23-2009, 08:58 PM
No gaurantee to qual, but this is the best we can do at the moment.
This was the best news.....I couldnt believe my eyes readin this...only a miracle would have taken that hammal out of TM and replace him with a classy person...at least Ghotbi looks good in pictures...Imagine , our team in Kor losing 3-0 and their TV shows an ugly filthy beast to represent our nation ....
BTW, I heard Mohajeranii left Ghotbi with no choice but: Go For It....

We will:
Tie N.Kor
Beat UAE
Loose to S.Kor

Thats 10 points and an honorable exit from the qual games...

highflyerreborn
04-24-2009, 01:02 AM
This was the best news.....I couldnt believe my eyes readin this...only a miracle would have taken that hammal out of TM and replace him with a classy person...at least Ghotbi looks good in pictures...Imagine , our team in Kor losing 3-0 and their TV shows an ugly filthy beast to represent our nation ....

We will:
Tie N.Kor
Beat UAE
Loose to S.Kor

I think it will be

Iran vs North Korea 1-0 win
Iran vs UAE 3-0 win
Iran vs South Korea 1-0 win:rolleyes:

mehran1848
04-25-2009, 05:09 AM
I always thought a HC is nothing without a trustable coaching team capable of advising and assisting the head coach especially in areas where the HC lacks experience. I think the choice of Afshin Ghotbi is a good one because he certainly has some real qualities for coaching our team (National pride, hard working, team work believer, decent example for players, etc...). However, I must admit that I am very much worried about his freedom in chosing his coaching team. If he gets full support in chosing them, I think we will see amazing results from him (even in short run).

I also hope that Afshin Ghotbi can continue his work with TM regardless our WCQ results. Any football fan with a little knowledge of football knows and agrees that miracles could of course happen on the football pitch but no one on such short notice could guarantee such miracles.

Now, lets focus on football and talk football!:iran::irani:

Go TM, Go Ghotbi!

Essi Jaan,

Ghotbi is bringing in two Dutch coaches, one of them was assistant to Gus , and is Ex-South korea coach WC 2002.

the local coach choice is going to be Morteza Mohassess, the current head of IFF'Training Committee" . Mohassess has extensive experience in training Korean coaches between 2004-2005 (AFC commissioned class A-B coaching certificate)

People here are very supportive of this appointment. it is indeed an uphill struggle, but it is worth the try and support TM 100%.

Sherwin
04-25-2009, 08:01 AM

We will:
Tie N.Kor
Beat UAE
Loose to S.Kor

I still think we can get six points we will
Beat North Korea our tourname lives will be on the line Iran 2 NK 1
We will beat UAE 2-0
now against SK is the tricky part but we might be able to sneak a tie in there. SK might already of qualified at point and they might just want to play their B team and not injure any of their euro based players. Here is were we can steal a point @ Seoul. To recap
Iran 2 Commies 1
Iran 2 UAE 0
Iran 1 SK 1

We get the 3rd spot and eek in the WC via playoffs. Hey a man can dream can't he?

Keano
04-25-2009, 03:00 PM
Guys,

Don't forget that back in 2004 we were pretty much in worse situation than what we are right now and in the first round of WCQ, remember our pathetic loss to Jordan in Azadi? If I am not mistaken after this loss the rest of our matches were all away against Jordan and Qatar, and only wins could have saved us and put us through the first round. I remember back then almost all Iranian fans were even more negative than today's situation, almost nobody believed we could pull it off and defeat both Jordan and Qatar in their home, but guess what?

We did it!
:cooldude:

footballdxb
04-26-2009, 05:16 AM
Essi Jaan,

Ghotbi is bringing in two Dutch coaches, one of them was assistant to Gus , and is Ex-South korea coach WC 2002.

the local coach choice is going to be Morteza Mohassess, the current head of IFF'Training Committee" . Mohassess has extensive experience in training Korean coaches between 2004-2005 (AFC commissioned class A-B coaching certificate)

People here are very supportive of this appointment. it is indeed an uphill struggle, but it is worth the try and support TM 100%.

Mehran jaan, I think the obvious support given by fans will definitely make a difference. This is where Ali Daei basically failed. The support by fans also means a less nasty media compagne against him. After all, our media in general only accentuate the general feeling of the fans by giving them extra material for loving or hating someone.

Anyway, thanks God MK is out. Afshin Ghotbi is by far a better choice. I wish him and our TM the best of luck! Chaakeram,
Essy:irani:forever:iran1: