PDA

View Full Version : Iran football coach endorses Capello’s style

swenguzzi
04-13-2009, 02:11 PM
Iran football coach endorses Capello’s style

Written by Mehr News Agency
Sunday, 12 April 2009
MNA - TEHRAN, Iran’s newly-appointed football coach Mohammad Mayelikohan adopts the style Fabio Capello manages the English national football team.

Speaking to Iran’s state TV, Mayelikohan said, “England’s players have been forbidden by Capello to use mobile phones while at the training camp. England’s coach also controls the team’s nourishment program. English players are not allowed to eat whatever they want. I approve this style in football.”

Mayelikohan has also publicly apologized to Ali Daei, who was sacked following a home defeat against Saudi Arabia in the 2010 World Cup qualifiers, for past disputes with him.

“Daei has made huge efforts in the national team and won some honors. He has to come back to football soon,” added Mayelikohan.

This is unbelievable!!!!!!!!!! Is this guy for real?????????? Is this all he can learn from a world class coach? What a buffoon!!!!!!

Hamid_Blue
04-13-2009, 05:14 PM
You misunderstood him. He never said he learned from Capello, he only said he approves his style. Now Capello can rest and sleep at night knowing Mr. MK has approved his methodology.

Wahani
04-13-2009, 05:30 PM
Wow! In his delusional mind Malakh-khorian probably thinks that he is at the same level as Capello. He probably learned his trade coaching FC PalunBaffy. It must all the free Afghani wacky-tabaccy coming from next door. I'm sure that when he gets high, he thinks that he's superman. The guy must be suffering from Peter Pan's complex.

kalungamoto
04-13-2009, 06:45 PM
Why get upset over someone's ignorant remark. That is all this is. Restricting someone from using their cell phone or controlling their diet doesn't make him a world class coach. He is just a laughing stock and he knows it. Even if one of his hairs on his body were equivalent to Capello's he would have something. Let's see what he does with the remaining matches. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, even someone at Mayelikohan's level. You have an Iranian saying, May god grant him some brains and me a lot of money." I think this saying applies here. Better days are around the corner for Iran, keep up the faith. Invaders come and go but Iran is always Iran. No one can humiliate the land of Ahura Mazda & the great Zarathustra.

footballdxb
04-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Maybe it only shows that our coaches have real problems in doing their jobs properly due to the lack of respect/discipline accorded to them by our players. MK needs to use the example of some basic methodes used by Capello, for justifying and applying his future methodes. Considering that he also praises Ali Daei's efforts/achievments in our NT, I am nearly sure he fully refers to the discipline side of his job. Just an opinion...

mehran1848
04-14-2009, 02:57 AM
I agree with FDXB jaan.
In my opinion, Mayeli Kohan is shaped/structured/built on 0-1 logic. still sees things black & white
with him, its like a Russian Roulette, its interesting & scary at the same time!

Shemruni
04-14-2009, 11:54 AM
I dislike Mayeli's appointment as Iran coach just like everyone else here. He is a polarizing figure who tends to alienate players and media. I also think it is time to move on and let him do what he needs to do in the next 3 games. Trying to interpret what he means when he says something is useless. Putting him on trial, like what Ferdowsipour did last week on 90 program is also useless.

What matters now is bringing quality back to the team. If he can do it, more power to him. If he can't do it, the qualification is a lost cause anyway IMO. Regardless, he will stay on as Iran coach through Asian Championship qualification and Asian games. Let's get used to this fact and hope he does well.

highflyerreborn
04-14-2009, 03:13 PM
:confused:here is a bright idea lest dump this guy in a oil canister , and get Philipe Troussier form money we will raise after selling the oil canister

ladunga
04-14-2009, 03:25 PM
I agree with Shemruni, we are to busy crying over spilt milk. If someone is swimming in mud, and they are convinced that they swimming in crystal clear water, you can't convince him otherwise. We can see the flaw because I assume most of us a living abroad. We have the privilege of open and objective cultures. For someone like MK who has grown up in that limit culture, that is the best he can do. Whatever we are saying is beyond the scope of his intellect. The situation is what it is. Life goes on, enjoy your wine, and enjoy your life. In this case we are just passengers and observers over something that we are totally powerless from influencing. Thank G-d I'm a country boy!

Sherwin
04-14-2009, 04:17 PM
No surprise there this is the same guy who tried to kick a player out for playing cards. Kohan is a rishoo who knows how to play politics that's why he's the coach of Iran. If you want to be the heac coach of Iran just grow a thick beard and act like a bafoon.:beer:

highflyerreborn
04-14-2009, 11:05 PM
He is completely forgetting that Capello also has a very STRONG ... policy on promoting youth players , and spoting talented players ....

He not only restricts excessive partying all coaches do that who would want a player showing up to practice stonned???? :wall:

But I will give credit to him for acknowledging that Daei was unfortunate to get sacked so mercilessly.....

But - I do not feel comfortable with this coach I don't know -

It will take little more HELL ALOT more to get the team out of the whole they are in .. right now ... a game vs North Korea is just around the corner.

khazakov
04-16-2009, 05:15 PM
I used to get high when showing up for practice or matches. I stopped as it gave me nightmares afterwards. While on the field everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. I could compensate by pushing myself harder. I could anticipate every move. I could easily dribble and move past opponents. After a while I could see people's ora; their eyes would light up in my mind like fire balls; the ball flying through the air looked like comet with a firey looking tail; people's teeth used glow at least in my mind. After that I would have extreme dry mouth and severe headaches. I used to suffer from depression when I was much younger. I'm okay now at least most of the time. I agree that physical and metal discipline is important in order to have sound team.

Sherwin
04-16-2009, 05:44 PM
I used to get high when showing up for practice or matches. I stopped as it gave me nightmares afterwards. While on the field everything seemed to be happening in slow motion. I could compensate by pushing myself harder. I could anticipate every move. I could easily dribble and move past opponents. After a while I could see people's ora; their eyes would light up in my mind like fire balls; the ball flying through the air looked like comet with a firey looking tail; people's teeth used glow at least in my mind. After that I would have extreme dry mouth and severe headaches. I used to suffer from depression when I was much younger. I'm okay now at least most of the time. I agree that physical and metal discipline is important in order to have sound team.

Well when started playing high school American football, which is a very physical and violent sport, I stoped getting high. Before that I would get high all the time but in order to play football at a high level, you needed to be in tip top shape. I knew people who even took steroids just go get that edge so they could play football at a big university and get that scholarship. I know where you are comming from.