PDA

View Full Version : Bolivia 6 - Argentina 1

footballdxb
04-02-2009, 03:19 AM
I watched the match last night live and I could not believe my eyes... Argentina was completely outplayed by a solid Bolivian team. Amazing performance by Bolivia which I believe got full advantage of altitude and the exhaustion of Argentinian squad... I don't know if Argentina has ever experienced such defeat in any competition. It was definitely a very entertaining match with amazing goals till latest minutes of the match. Well done Bolivia!:up:

Jashar
04-02-2009, 05:35 AM
I watched the match last night live and I could not believe my eyes... Argentina was completely outplayed by a solid Bolivian team. Amazing performance by Bolivia which I believe got full advantage of altitude and the exhaustion of Argentinian squad... I don't know if Argentina has ever experienced such defeat in any competition. It was definitely a very entertaining match with amazing goals till latest minutes of the match. Well done Bolivia!:up:

I guess that as usual when a team loses in La Paz, they'll complain about the lack of Oxygene in La Paz aswell! :rolleyes:

I've only seen the highlights. Bolivia crushed Argentina...their defense was practically non-existent!

footballdxb
04-02-2009, 06:45 AM
I guess that as usual when a team loses in La Paz, they'll complain about the lack of Oxygene in La Paz aswell! :rolleyes:

I've only seen the highlights. Bolivia crushed Argentina...their defense was practically non-existent!

Javier Zanetti is by far one of my all time favorit football players and last night he played like a B class amateur player in his right defense position.

Bolivia played very well, consistently, with heart. There is no excuses for Argentina ... Maradona needs to work on his formations and strategies before meeting South America's other big shots.

I guess Bolivian fans are about to go for quite similar similies as this one :6ta::p

Hamid_Blue
04-02-2009, 08:05 AM
Maybe high altitude was not the problem ... it looked to me that Maradona had introduced premium grass (:D) to his players. I wonder if Maradona will be sacked soon.

Sherwin
04-02-2009, 02:20 PM

Definitely the high altitude was a huge advantage, and you would tell Argentina NT was just out of gas because they just played Venezuela a few days before. Bolivia is one of the toughest teams to beat in their own home because of that extremely high altitude. I remember fifa sent a letter saying that playing above 10,000 ft altitude Will not be allowed and Bolivia rightfully so protested. Well later on fifa rescinded that rule because it would hurt countries like Bolivia.

Well played guys I love it when a bunch of underdogs beat the powerhouse team. This is the college football equivilient of Eastern Michigan beating USC 42-0. In college basketball it's the equivilient of Harvard beating North Carolina 80-45.

highflyerreborn
04-02-2009, 04:19 PM
I did not belive it untill I saw it on fifa.com

besquite namaki
04-03-2009, 04:43 AM
those who watched the game would say "good result for argentina" becuz they could lose by 8-1 or 9-1. They played "kooche baazi" not a real football

hardluck to argentina fans and always remember that a slap today is better than a punch tomorrow :D lol

Jashar
04-03-2009, 09:18 AM
Here we go....the usual excuse :rolleyes: :

Soccer-Impossible to play in La Paz, says Messi

BUENOS AIRES, April 2 (Reuters) - Playing soccer in the high altitude of La Paz is "impossible" and Argentina must learn a lesson from their stunning 6-1 defeat to Bolivia there, striker Lionel Messi said.
ADVERTISEMENT

La Paz, the world's highest venue for international games, lies at 3,600 metres above sea level and Argentina face another World Cup qualifier at altitude in June when they visit Ecuador. That match will be played at 2,800m above sea level in Quito.

"It's very painful, we knew that we would lose at some stage but we didn't think it would be like this," he told reporters at Buenos Aires airport before boarding a flight for Spain.

"It's impossible to play there.

"Everyone struggled. You sprint a bit and it's difficult to get your breath back and you could see that they were faster. They also played at a very fast rhythm, and they shot from everywhere."

"This has to be a lesson for the match in June," said Messi. "We have to look forward."

Messi's view is different to his coach Diego Maradona, who has refused to blame altitude for the defeat, his first since taking over as coach in October.

Maradona publicly supported Bolivia when FIFA banned La Paz from hosting international games last year, at one stage playing a charity match alongside President Evo Morales. The ban was later overturned.

source: Reuters

highflyerreborn
04-03-2009, 05:03 PM
Its hard to blame it on altitude after all teams played at same ground and both had the same amount of pressure or altitude appied

May be Argentina needed to arrive 3 weeks in advance and get used to surroundings..

footballdxb
04-03-2009, 05:29 PM
I fully agree that the high altitude of the city makes it more difficult for the guests to perform but do Argentina and other teams loss in such fashion at each visit? Altitude is a good excuse but no one was predicting Argentina to even lose to Bolivia or???

Sherwin
04-12-2009, 04:15 PM
Its hard to blame it on altitude after all teams played at same ground and both had the same amount of pressure or altitude appied

May be Argentina needed to arrive 3 weeks in advance and get used to surroundings..

Yes but guess what Bolovia can play in that altitude because they even train there so they are accustomed to it unlike Argentina.

Jashar jan I remember a few years ago Fifa wanted to have a limit on the altitude which Bolivia protested and they later on resinded the decision. I agree with Messi because one time I played American football against a high school in Mammoth and the altitude really affected our team. We were the much better team but they were able to at least hang in there and make it a game because of that altitude. We got very lucky that we even won that game. We were probably paying at 75% speed and Mammoth's team was playing at 100% speed. I'm sure it was something similar to that for Argentina.

highflyerreborn
04-17-2009, 05:28 AM
Yes but guess what Bolovia can play in that altitude because they even train there so they are accustomed to it unlike Argentina.

Jashar jan I remember a few years ago Fifa wanted to have a limit on the altitude which Bolivia protested and they later on resinded the decision. I agree with Messi because one time I played American football against a high school in Mammoth and the altitude really affected our team. We were the much better team but they were able to at least hang in there and make it a game because of that altitude. We got very lucky that we even won that game. We were probably paying at 75% speed and Mammoth's team was playing at 100% speed. I'm sure it was something similar to that for Argentina.

Well I did not play any sports at high altitude by I did climb some high areas, and when you climb up , it gets harder to breath - I can't imagine someone playing

But its fair game !!! Its bolivia's right to host the game in their home !!! Its ironic that the main supporter of lifting the ban was none other then Maradona himself !!

If Argentina had fear they should have came in 3 weeks early to train at high altitude - its like europeans training in warm countries before going to 2010 world cup in South Africa !!

Sherwin
04-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Well I did not play any sports at high altitude by I did climb some high areas, and when you climb up , it gets harder to breath - I can't imagine someone playing

But its fair game !!! Its bolivia's right to host the game in their home !!! Its ironic that the main supporter of lifting the ban was none other then Maradona himself !!

If Argentina had fear they should have came in 3 weeks early to train at high altitude - its like europeans training in warm countries before going to 2010 world cup in South Africa !!

Great call hf jan. By the way when we played in that high altitude and you would go ahead for a big hit on someone, it's like someone knocked the wind out of you, even when you were the one who was hitting. When you were the one who would get hit it was like driving 60 miles per hour and hitting a brick wall. We were very lucky to win that game but if it was on a normal altitude field we would of stomped on that team and won by 50, but instead we won in overtime by 3.

I agree with you though if Maradona was concerned about the altitude he should of trained his players. I remember when we would play Thailand we would send our team like a week or two before the match. Again it's the same concept of European teams training on warm countries to prepare for WC South Africa.:up:

How ironic indeed Maradona is the one who wanted the fifa ban, but as you said it's Bolivia's right to host that game that is what you call home field advantage. Countries that have warm and humid temperature like Thailand have an advantage and countries like Iran have kind of the same advantage of Bolivia because Azadi Stadium is in a high altitude, and in winter time it's mizerable to play there. Heck we also would move games to Tabriz just to make life hell.

It's all apart of the game.

abedross
04-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Altitude is a factor...yes! Is this a newly discovered phenomenon?