PDA

View Full Version : Iran-Senegal

Farooq
04-02-2009, 12:25 AM
Goals:
http://www.irangoals.com/2009/04/01/video-iran-senegal/

I miss this game, I'm wondering if anyone can fill me in on how Iran played? Formations, players, etc.

Watching the second goal makes me loose all hope for Iran every becoming footballing country. Whoever was guarding that sengalese guy, I hope he wasn't a defender or a professional football player.

We will give up a hundred goals like that in the world cup or to a world class team. Well, I rather have revolution in Iran than world cup celeberation for team that will never win a game!

highflyerreborn
04-02-2009, 05:23 PM
Its seems same issue , iran scores frist when they have fitness min 60 , and every one gets tired they do long ball , and then senegal scores in min 80 +

Keano
04-02-2009, 05:37 PM
We have been conceding many goals from set pieces lately, also aerial disability for our players both on the defense and offense have become a huge concern.

Sayyid
04-02-2009, 06:34 PM
Its seems same issue , iran scores frist when they have fitness min 60 , and every one gets tired they do long ball , and then senegal scores in min 80 +

I wonder why the federation doesn't do something about this! maybe the league could modify 90 minutes to 120 minute games. We make each half 60 minutes instead of 45 minutes. I read some where that some african teams practice in 120 minute time frames! You're right, look at the games we lost in 2 previous world cups:

Yugoslavia 1 0 Iran (A minutes 72 goal)
Iran 2 -1 USA (USA scored their only goal at minute 87)
Iran 0 - 2 Germany (Germany scored at 50 and 57)
Iran 1 - 3 Mexico (game was tied untill minute 76 and 79)
Iran 0- 2 Portugal ( Minues 63 and 80)
Iran 1- 1 Angola (angola scored minute 60)

highflyerreborn
04-03-2009, 02:03 AM
I wonder why the federation doesn't do something about this! maybe the league could modify 90 minutes to 120 minute games. We make each half 60 minutes instead of 45 minutes. I read some where that some african teams practice in 120 minute time frames! You're right, look at the games we lost in 2 previous world cups:

Yugoslavia 1 0 Iran (A minutes 72 goal)
Iran 2 -1 USA (USA scored their only goal at minute 87)
Iran 0 - 2 Germany (Germany scored at 50 and 57)
Iran 1 - 3 Mexico (game was tied untill minute 76 and 79)
Iran 0- 2 Portugal ( Minues 63 and 80)
Iran 1- 1 Angola (angola scored minute 60)

The problem is with the club in Iran , their fitness levels are all low...
There is lots of power in iranian soccer but there is no stamina - no long time endurance , at club level...

These clubs play each other ... imagin car running 10 km / hr racing vs car running 10 km / hr .. you don't see difference ...

But when that car goes out of town , and races against someone who does 40 km/hr a japanese car or something ....

Obviously the car gets burned... the thing is ppl in Iranian league seem to think they are all superb ... since they do not have any team in Iran known for its supreme fitness ??? We are talking 120 min running capacity no team ...

Every one ... plays 50 min and then its the team with marginally better players win league games.

The only players that seem to do marginally better are Mahdavikia he has exceptional stamina and endurance so he was in Germany , and Nekounam now and 1 other player who play 90 min ...

Every one else gets Gassed at min 65...first thing that happens right away is players like Nekounam , or Mahdavikia , or Teymourian gets under more pressure since they have to do more work after min 60 ... and every one else just kicks... and by min 70 our MF gets totally tired and this opens flood gates to other teams to attack Iranian team - between min 65- min 90

The only way to imorove it is via high quality fitness coaches - who can make iran a 2 half team .. or bring in more U23 players who have ability to run 90 min and remove 30 year old players

Right now they only play 60 min 1 half, and first 10 min of second half. After that its all LONG BALL - the team players specially in Iran need 2 month fitness improvement sessions so they can compete with like of Bahrain/Saudia or Korea... Bahrain has improved alot even they beat Japan 2 times in 1 year.

Iranian players have this tendency to play so slow in MF .. after min 60 .. its almost like they like to walk with the ball ...while other teams are running and hussling

There need to be a standard LEVEL of fitness a player must have like 14 km running test or something like that

The problem federation of officials do not see the problem is well most players after 1 game go back to clubs and they all start to play slow tempo Iranian league... where all players fitness is not top quality so even they loook like super man as soon as they go out side and play other international teams , the fitness gap becomes visible .... since other leagues

Japan/Korea/Bahrain/Saudia/North Korea they all have SUPER FIT PLAYER..