PDA

View Full Version : The standings!


Sayyid
04-01-2009, 06:58 PM
Today's standings:
S Korea 11 points (5 matches)
N Korea 10 points (6 matches)
KSA 10 points (6 matches)
Iran 6 points (5 matches)

My Prediction:

June 6:

Iran beats N Korea
S korea beats UAE

S Korea 14 points (6 matches)
N Korea 10 points (7 matches)
KSA 10 points (6 matches)
Iran 9 points (6 matches)

June 10:

Iran beats UAE
S Korea ties KSA at home

S Korea 15 points (7 matches)
Iran 12 points (7 matches)
KSA 11 points (7 matches)
N Korea 10 points (7 matches)

June 17:

South Korea beats Iran at home
KSA beats N Korea at home

S Korea 18 points (8 matches)
KSA 14 points (8 matches)
Iran 12 points (8 matches)
N Korea 10 points (8 matches)

I predict that Iran will beat UAE and N Korea (as we should), and we lose to S Korea in the final day! We end up with 12 points and 3rd place! Now if KSA ties N Korea in KSA, Iran will qualify 2nd!!!! So my prediction is that we will qualify!

P.S Thanks to S Korea beating N Korea, If we win our remianing 3 games, we will direclty qualify to WC 2010! (NO MATTER WHAT THE REMAINING TEAMS DO OR DON'T)!!!!!!!SO LETS GET A GOOD COACH, GET IRAN'S BEST PLAY MAKER BACK (KARIMI) AND FINISH THE JOB WE STARTED!!

Sayyid
04-01-2009, 07:03 PM
Good results from other teams for us will be:

June 6:
UAE beat S Korea in UAE (not tha important)

but we want S Korea to beat all the other competition! This will leave N Korea and KSA to fight for a spot on the final day (june 17)!

June 10:
S Korea beat KSA at Korea

Keano
04-01-2009, 07:20 PM
Good results from other teams for us will be:

June 6:
UAE beat S Korea in UAE (not tha important)


That's not really good news for us, because we want S. Korea to crush UAE for the following reasons:

S. Korea would care less about their last match against us, thus fielding a very young line up for this match against TM.

UAE after being thrashed by S. Korea will be demoralized and lose total confidence, so we may take advantage of the situation

LOOOOL, kaaremoon be koja keshide shode ke bayad khial pardazi konim vaaseye raftan be jaame jahani! :D

The bottom line is:

We will make it to WC, once again Mark my words! :cool::devil:

Sayyid
04-01-2009, 07:29 PM
That's not really good news for us, because we want S. Korea to crush UAE for the following reasons:

S. Korea would care less about their last match against us, thus fielding a very young line up for this match against TM.

UAE after being thrashed by S. Korea will be demoralized and lose total confidence, so we may take advantage of the situation

LOOOOL, kaaremoon be koja keshide shode ke bayad khial pardazi konim vaaseye raftan be jaame jahani! :D

The bottom line is:

We will make it to WC, once again Mark my words! :cool::devil:

I see your argument and I like it, nor did I think about it like that! But what if they become over confident for their next match against the saudis! I was thinking if they lose to UAE, they will go all in agianst the Saudi's which happens to be in Korea, since they don't want to leave everything on the table for their last match! We really need KSA to lose to Korea!

Ardavan
04-01-2009, 07:31 PM
who do we play if we make it into the playoffs?

Sayyid
04-01-2009, 07:46 PM
who do we play if we make it into the playoffs?
It looks like it's going to be Bahrain, but then agian Uzbakistan and Qatar are only a win behind Bahrain!

Ardavan
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
It looks like it's going to be Bahrain, but then agian Uzbakistan and Qatar are only a win behind Bahrain!

is it only 1 game? and where would the games be in?

Sayyid
04-01-2009, 07:57 PM
is it only 1 game? and where would the games be in?

according to the FIFA site:

The third-placed teams from each group will play a home-and-away play-off, with the winner advancing to the inter-confederation play-off with New Zealand.

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/competitionformat.html

Keano
04-01-2009, 08:01 PM
I see your argument and I like it, nor did I think about it like that! But what if they become over confident for their next match against the saudis! I was thinking if they lose to UAE, they will go all in agianst the Saudi's which happens to be in Korea, since they don't want to leave everything on the table for their last match! We really need KSA to lose to Korea!

You got a valid point right there!

Ardavan, We either will play Bahrain, Uzbeks or Qatar.

Fahd
04-01-2009, 09:55 PM
You got a valid point right there!

Ardavan, We either will play Bahrain, Uzbeks or Qatar.


Qatar are finished they will finish last in Group A. They are already last in the group and have only 2 games left both against Australia AND Japan! It will be either Bahrain or Uzbekistan and currently Bahrain are 3 points ahead of Uzbekistan with a better goal difference. They play each other in their last game which Uzbekistan will need to win and its a home game aswell for Bahrain. I'd say Bahrain are a 70% chance, Uzbekistan are a 29% chance and Qatar are a 1% chance for 3rd spot.

Fahd
04-01-2009, 10:08 PM
Today's standings:
S Korea 11 points (5 matches)
N Korea 10 points (6 matches)
KSA 10 points (6 matches)
Iran 6 points (5 matches)

My Prediction:

June 6:

Iran beats N Korea
S korea beats UAE

S Korea 14 points (6 matches)
N Korea 10 points (7 matches)
KSA 10 points (6 matches)
Iran 9 points (6 matches)

June 10:

Iran beats UAE
S Korea ties KSA at home

S Korea 15 points (7 matches)
Iran 12 points (7 matches)
KSA 11 points (7 matches)
N Korea 10 points (7 matches)

June 17:

South Korea beats Iran at home
KSA beats N Korea at home

S Korea 18 points (8 matches)
KSA 14 points (8 matches)
Iran 12 points (8 matches)
N Korea 10 points (8 matches)

I predict that Iran will beat UAE and N Korea (as we should), and we lose to S Korea in the final day! We end up with 12 points and 3rd place! Now if KSA ties N Korea in KSA, Iran will qualify 2nd!!!! So my prediction is that we will qualify!

P.S Thanks to S Korea beating N Korea, If we win our remianing 3 games, we will direclty qualify to WC 2010! (NO MATTER WHAT THE REMAINING TEAMS DO OR DON'T)!!!!!!!SO LETS GET A GOOD COACH, GET IRAN'S BEST PLAY MAKER BACK (KARIMI) AND FINISH THE JOB WE STARTED!!

You are assuming alot of things. If NK gets a draw against at home against us our WC is over i think. Getting a win in NK is harder than it looks. I dont like the thought of going there with how the table looks now, they will be fired up because they really need a result as much as us.

bezashah
04-01-2009, 11:46 PM
well we are SUPPOSE to win against NK & UAE, if we can't... then we have no place at the WC period. But given that we win those 2 games...it is actually a good thing that our final game is against South Korea; because most likely South Korea would have comfortably qualified by then, thus, will either not showcase their top players or the will simply not have that desperation fight in them (for they would have already qualified)

we should finish either 2nd or 3rd, but I'm telling you, Iran is desperate right now, and if a desperate team cannot beat NK & UAE, then we have much bigger issues here ...

highflyerreborn
04-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Well -

Observing the match schedul ...

6 Jun 2009 20:15
UNITED ARAB EMIRATES - KOREA REPUBLIC Mohamed Bin Zayid Stadium
6 Jun 2009 17:00
DPR KOREA - I.R. IRAN Kim II Sung Stadium

(Here UAE could upset Korea 50-50)
(Iran must beat North Korea Period do or die game)

10 Jun 2009 19:00
I.R. IRAN - UNITED ARAB EMIRATES Azadi Stadium
10 Jun 2009 20:00
KOREA REPUBLIC - SAUDI ARABIA Seoul World Cup Stadium

Here Iran will play UAE at home, so we should have an advantage
80% chance of win

While Korea will be playing Saudia Korea will be not rested , while Saudi
team will be fully 100% rested and plus they will have their influential striker
Yasir Qahtani back in line

Standings at this stage

Saudia 13 points
Iran 12 points
Korea 11 points
North Korea 10 points

17 Jun 2009
SAUDI ARABIA - DPR KOREA
17 Jun 2009 20:00
KOREA REPUBLIC - I.R. IRAN Seoul World Cup Stadium

(So here Iran will have more chance to draw and qualify directly)
Best Option for Iran is to win 3 games.....