dashali
04-01-2009, 01:35 PM
see what we think here...

Qotbi
or
Maylikohan

Ahmad18s
04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Maylikohan? Come on now. It's going to be Ghotbi for sure.

Farooq
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
What about Philippe Troussier?

http://www.iransportspress.com/news/170/ARTICLE/8187/2009-04-01.html

Does anybody think, he has a shot? Will he suit TM?

makaveli
04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Bruce Arena would be a good choice.

Sherwin
04-01-2009, 05:17 PM
Bruce Arena would be a good choice.

For once we actually agree man! What Bruce Arena did to take USA to the elite eight in world cup 2002, was nothing short of amazing. They even outplayed Germany in the game but unfortunately luck was not on USA's side they lost 1-0. Even the honest German players admitted that they were lucky to win. The best thing about Bruce Arena is I'm sure he will come at a reasonable price. We won't need to break the bank for his services and the guy is a proven good coach.

If that hezbollah Maylie Goh-an is our coach, I would not watch any more TM games at least no more Iran WC 2010 matches because you know what's going to happen. Anything this piece of turd touches turns into crap. This loser screwed over TM, the Omid team, and several club teams. I don't know what the IFF sees in ths guy. Between those two I would say Afshin Qotbi.

makaveli
04-01-2009, 05:24 PM
For once we actually agree man!

Wow I actually said that as a joke.

Arena knows how to direct an American style of soccer that would work with American players but he would be clueless in dealing with Iranians, and pigs would fly before the IFF appointed an American coach.

Sherwin
04-01-2009, 05:27 PM
Wow I actually said that as a joke.

Arena knows how to direct an American style of soccer that would work with American players but he would be clueless in dealing with Iranians, and pigs would fly before the IFF appointed an American coach.

True. Also the America style of soccer is unique it's kind of a blend between European and South American soccer. That style would not work in Iran.

swenguzzi
04-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I vote for Qotbi.

Sayyid
04-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I vote for Qotbi.

Just to be funny, I voted for Maylikohan!!..I still don't understand why IFF is even considering the guy that our own players throw empty water bottles at, and nor did they have any respect for him! Although, he did manage to get some very nice wins between 1996 and 97 (with a very good team)!

Keano
04-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Afshin by far should be our first choice I believe.

Keano
04-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Just to be funny, I voted for Maylikohan!!

Somebody ban him ASAP! :D :beer:

I would be shocked if he really gets appointed as TM HC!

Farooq
04-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Somebody ban him ASAP! :D :beer:

I would be shocked if he really gets appointed as TM HC!

I'm starting to hope he gets picked; just so everybody gets pissed off enough to actually do something about the people running the IFF.

Honestly, just compare our football to Turkey. They almost beat Spain. We can't even beat UAE. Somebody has to pay for this...

footballdxb
04-02-2009, 01:15 AM
On long term Ghotbi. Vali agar IFF dar nazar daareh ye nafaro dar aayandeh beh lajan bekesheh va faghat baa sepordane masouliyat entezaare mo'jezeh baraaye 3 taa baaziye aayanda ro daashteh baasheh... ye nafar keh ghablan testesho rad shodeh va maa ham hamchin entezaari azash nadaarim... Ghalenoei, Mayelikohan, etc...
I did not vote as basically IFF's goal is not at all for the good of our football but for diverting the intention of the fans from their uncompetitive methodes by chosing popular figures of our football.

Kachal
04-02-2009, 03:00 AM
Ghotbi is the man for this job.

Kachal
04-02-2009, 03:42 AM
Honestly, just compare our football to Turkey. They almost beat Spain. We can't even beat UAE. Somebody has to pay for this...

Who do you expect to pay for this? IFF?

khazakov
04-02-2009, 11:52 AM
I would vote for Larry, Curly, and Moe. Win or lose, after each match they could have big pie fight.

Check this out. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwirWWnzJKM

saravireeka
04-02-2009, 12:03 PM
see what we think here...

Qotbi
or
Maylikohan

Dashali Jaan, which one is your choice?

Hamid_Blue
04-02-2009, 12:24 PM
IMO neither one would do anything spectacular. They both blame everything from interference to lakc of time. It was a mistake to fire Daei and two mistakes (hiring one of these candidates) cannot be good.

dashali
04-02-2009, 04:47 PM
Saravireeka jan...my choice is Qotbi...and I voted first...

and I have my reasons 2...
1 and above all....he knows S.Korea very well....and we might end up in deep s h i t and must win that game, which is the last game for us.
He also knows N.Korea and UAE well enough to beat them....
IMHO....no matter whom is the coach....the most important game will be the S.Korea game....we never lost in N.Korea and I think, we can easily beat them....even Daei beat them ;)
UAE on the other hand, you need to have a plan for them....kill them fast, rest will be easier,,,,,however, if you go to the 2nd half 0-0, then you might have a problem with them....UAE did a great job vs. KSA and I believe that their goalie was bought by the KSA, the way he allowed those goals :mad2:

I have heard the names like...DENIZLI as well....but to be honost with you, Denizli won't be able to do what Qotbi can do for several reasons....1 and for most, he can be pushed and he can be told....use this and that player. That is the problem with a foreign coach....Denizli had that issue in Pas and in PP as well....by the time he fired Estilli, it was too late... if he did it at the beginning, PP could have done much better that year....if you guys recall, PP was on top at the end and after estilli was gone, they won or at least tie most of their games....
Now...as far as Maylikohan,,,,,what I don't get is.....we used him, we gave him the best OMID team EVER and he did not do well....his system is not working internationally....forget about SAIPA and how they have done better with him in the last few weeks....he cannot take credit for it and if he does, not fair...
PIER LITBARSKI made that team....he worked on them hard, their body was just getting ready...a german coach will plan for future and not for short time. If SAIPA would just take some time and just give the guy some room to do as he wishes, he could have done much better....The saipa you see today, bardashte mahsoole LITBARSKI hastesh....na kohan.. :kobedeh:

Maylikohan had his time before and did it well....not to argue anymore... but these days, you need a better coach, well known with the new systems and be on top of new technique and style.... KOHAN is an old school coach. :ang:

as a coach here in the USA, you have to update yourself once or twice a year, attend meeting, clinics, seminars and read new articles and so on... it's un-believable the amount of education involve in coaching...things allways change...just as an example, this year, there are new information on how to eat, what to eat, when to eat and so on, inorder to keep your body in the best shape....so when you do the running and what we say....BADAN SAZI, work better for your team and your team stay healthy..there are new way of working hard but not in a way that body burns....am not sure if you see the point I am making...new knowledge and new style.... KOHAN is an old school coach with old school style.... on top of that, he will concentrate on their HAIR, clothing, DOYAE KOMEYL, and so on....our players need to have a clear mind to play the next 3 games; relaxed and fully rested...

Iranetehhhhhhhhhhh:irani:

dashali
04-02-2009, 04:55 PM
IMO neither one would do anything spectacular. They both blame everything from interference to lakc of time. It was a mistake to fire Daei and two mistakes (hiring one of these candidates) cannot be good.

hamid blue jan....100% disagree with you man. Qotbi was the only coach whom never ever complained after the bad results....yes few times he said the ref. did this and that, but at the end, he said, I am responsible,,,,
only one game he was really upset which he had the right to be upset. 1 game a PK was called against PP, then a PK for PP was not called and then... you know the rest, do not need to repeat it. I have to add this....both of them said, they can do the job and will do great. Qotbi said, he will win all 3 games,,,,Kohan did not go that far, however, he said, he will take this team to WC 2010....so, both of them know the ups and downs of this team and they say....they can help.

last but not least....tell me this....when was the last time our TEAM MELLI played WELL under DAei??? just any game? from day 1...they said....next game...we will win. do you recall?? I do...
coaching is not just being the MOST GOAL SCORER in the world or best player in the world...you need to know a lot of things...which Daei did not.

Iranetehhhhhhh:irani::iran2::irani::iran2:

highflyerreborn
04-02-2009, 05:20 PM

wow Philippe Troussier GO GO GO GO Philippe Troussier

Hamid_Blue
04-02-2009, 07:25 PM
last but not least....tell me this....when was the last time our TEAM MELLI played WELL under DAei??? just any game? from day 1...they said....next game...we will win. do you recall?? I do...
coaching is not just being the MOST GOAL SCORER in the world or best player in the world...you need to know a lot of things...which Daei did not.

Iranetehhhhhhh:irani::iran2::irani::iran2:

I thought we played our best game under Daei against Saudi until we scored. We tanked afterwards for lack of fitness.

There are few issues with our team on defense and offense that everyone is very familiar with. The problem I have with Qotbi is that those same problems were witnessed in his PP team even after 1.5 seasons at the helm. When he was questioned about it, he always pointed out that he is building a modern PP for the future. So what if he is not given enough time? How can he install his philosophy in such a short time? Qotbi complained professionally but to say he did not complain is not accurate.

Let me ask this, what did Ghotbi do in his 2nd year at PP? Why did PP play so poorly with all the accumulated talent at his disposal?

highflyerreborn
04-03-2009, 02:21 AM
Philipe Troussier is the man

a) He knows how to make babies into Man
b) He knows how to install TOUGHNESS in defence
c) He knows FITNESS ...
d) He can make a crappy japanese team into monsters
I mean really who was japan untill he turned them into monsters

His system would work well with Iran because Iran has those passing MF who can move into DF as he tried to do with Japan turn MF into defenders.

Best of all I think this guy would have the balls to bring in Youth players U20 into iranian team and not wait untill they are 27 years old to play first game for iran

Kachal
04-03-2009, 03:49 AM
Who voted for this loser, Mayelikohan?

dashali
04-04-2009, 04:25 PM
Hamid Blue jan...
you can go back and see...I was the one whom said...Qotbi needs to leave PP, right before his departure....for lack of leadership.
But...this is different than PP for several reasons....for most part, during the time Qotbi was the head coach and Peyrovani was his assistant, a lot of pressure and under the ground plans were just in place to sack him...from several direction
1 was the Estilli and Kashani gangs....Kashani was upset that he came back and estilli was afraid that Qotbi wins again...can u imagine what kind of hero would he be?
2. Daei and his gang....Daei knew that Qotbi was supposed to be the coach and Qotbi said it all over that coaching the Iranian National team is one of his dreams....So Daei's plan was making him look bad and make him un-popular. Since Qotbi grow up here, he is kind of a p u s s y. as soon as some daei's fans and supporters attack Qotbi's wife and broke his cars' window, he fled Iran. He did not want to stay and fight....he decided to leave or I shall say, he did not know how to fight them and be still popular.... he knows now. ;)

any how...you cannot compare the results of one's success in the club and in the national team....go and check....many many many successfull coaches in the national teams, suck in the clubs. Not because they do not know how to coach, no,,,,,, they do not know how to use their budget, they do not know the BUSINESS aspect of it... take a look at many coaches like:
Carlos Alberto in Brazil..... or ESkolari...for what he did with Portugal and Brazil and Chelsea?? and many more

Qotbi has the upper hand now....for the most part, he knows very well the S.Korean team....he can have access to all the players, he has no personall issue with any player ( won't use TM for un-finished business), he has shown that he is a perfessional coach, not just by words but in what he does.... amalesh neshoon miedeh ke che mardie hastesh...and above all and everything else....even SS fans LOVE him. I know many SS fans in Iran or out and none of them said anything bad....they all loved him....
the way he handles himself, people love him...and that's what you expect.
I met many people in Iran whom wished Iran's lost to KSA,,,just because they did not like Daei...they wanted us not to make it to WC 2010....so, daei is out of football...that's how some people hate Daei...
last but not least.... at this time, we need someone whom knows a lot about our leage and our players...Qotbi does,,,, he has been away for about 6 months and that's a big plus for him...he knows the political aspect of IFF and he can do the job... IMHO

Iranetehhhhhhhhhh:iran1:

Exoma
04-04-2009, 04:35 PM
oh god. NEITHER.

They're both just as bad, or worst than Daei.

I'd vote Scolari or Erikkson. Nothing less than that. What is with us Iranians always accepting IFF's bullshit of a choice? Mediocre-Amateur coaches? No Thank You.

Observer
04-04-2009, 07:00 PM

The coach will a local coach ( only for three games).

http://www.hamshahrionline.ir/News/?id=83044

Farooq
04-05-2009, 02:40 AM
The coach will a local coach ( only for three games).

http://www.hamshahrionline.ir/News/?id=83044

Whoever the stinking coach is, they better realize we have a fitness problem and plan accordingly. Now I see that was Daei's biggest mistake against KSA. I don't know why he couldn't make some substitutes after we went up 1-0.

http://www.iransportspress.com/news/46/ARTICLE/8186/2009-03-31.html