PDA

View Full Version : Amazing...Daei is not at fault here

sizeman
03-30-2009, 03:38 PM
And...if u guys can't see it, then u are blind.This team played pretty good last Saturday and the worst thing the IFF did was to sack Daei after only one loss!!!! IT TAKES time to build a team people!!!!! Look at the French and what happened to them after 2006, they played last Saturday and barely beat Lituania!!!! Daei had started the rebuilding process here and by dismissing him, the IFF has destroyed it all.After their disasterous 2008 campaign the French people wanted Domenech OUT, but guess what?? the players wanted him to stay to finish what he had built!!!

Daei was just a scapegoat and the people won!!! well good luck now.How low this country has fallen.

Hamid_Blue
03-30-2009, 04:00 PM
I don't blame Daei for our TM failure in WCQ. It was no secret that IFF did not want Daei at the helm. They were waiting along with journalists for a loss to kick him out. With that poisionous environment, I don't think it was time to keep Daei any longer. The fact remains that we don't have a quality striker nor a quality winger and attacking midfielder. One of our worst players was Shojaei on Saturday but he is the one that is supposed to be our star midfielder.

We don't have a single player on this team that can head the ball accurately ... heck I even settle if they can bring the ball down so it would be in the framework of a goal. We are witnessing a generation gap between great players (Daei, Azizi, Karimi, Rahman, Kia, Hashemian, Bagheri) and our current talent pool (Nekonum, Rahmati). Your example of France is very fitting but France has great league that produces young talent on anuual basis. I cannot say the same thing about IPL.

sizeman
03-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Let me first clarify one thing here:I am no fan of Ali Daei, but u must express the truth and be fair to the man.Saudi's win in Tehran was nothing short of a hold-up...the first goal was an Off side and the second one was scored on a lucky touch.Daei's courage in renewing the players and taking the heat for it should be applauded not condemned, and mark my words he BY HIS ACTIONS has facilitated the job of the next TM's Head cocah.From each defeat u gain experience and Daei was/is enough intelligent to make adjustements for future encounters, which he won't be able to put into action due to the incompetency of people in charge.

People wanted Karimi, this past game was soooo fast that the Karimi of 2009 who by the way is not the old Karimi, has no longer the physical ability to endure such fast rythme.The only regret is the absence of a mid -field player like Pejman Noori who is not only agreat runner and fighter, but also wets his jersey for his team.And let me add that i am an Esteghlal fan.

Sherwin
03-30-2009, 05:19 PM
I don't blame Daei for our TM failure in WCQ. It was no secret that IFF did not want Daei at the helm. They were waiting along with journalists for a loss to kick him out. With that poisionous environment, I don't think it was time to keep Daei any longer. The fact remains that we don't have a quality striker nor a quality winger and attacking midfielder. One of our worst players was Shojaei on Saturday but he is the one that is supposed to be our star midfielder.

We don't have a single player on this team that can head the ball accurately ... heck I even settle if they can bring the ball down so it would be in the framework of a goal. We are witnessing a generation gap between great players (Daei, Azizi, Karimi, Rahman, Kia, Hashemian, Bagheri) and our current talent pool (Nekonum, Rahmati). Your example of France is very fitting but France has great league that produces young talent on anuual basis. I cannot say the same thing about IPL.

I think they were just stringing Ali Daei along, so that the IFF would not pay a heavy price tag on a Euro coach. Now they go ttheir excuse to kick Daei out.

Sizeman I'm no fan of Daei either but I'm not even going to take about the KSA game because that was a loss. In the games where they tied against North Korea, South Korea, and even UAE once, they basically played "not to lose" and I hate Ali Daei's 1 forward straight from Bronko 101 coaching. At this point we really have nothin to lose people are already counting us out, so might as well bring in a fresh European coach who will have more of an attack style like a traditional 4-4-2 or even use 3 forwards like Argentina does.

highflyerreborn
03-30-2009, 06:32 PM
I watched the game again ....

How is daei to blame ....

First Half
> Madavikia missed a 1 vs 1 vs goal keeper - 100% goal
> A player shot in first half , the ball spun out of the ground..

1-2 crosses that saudi GK just barely caught ??? Luck

Second Half :
Our player Rezai #7 I think had a ball in 5 meter box he chested it down
and then the Saudi GK stopped the ball !!!

So are all these Ali Daei's fault ??? Not so can he coach someone how to finish a chance???

Saudia had a clean chance they scored ... they crossed and scored ...

I think sacking Daei is the worse decision in history of iranian sport ...

RASTAFARI
03-31-2009, 12:14 AM
It is hard to believe the fashion we gave a winning game away in less than 10 minute. I have now watched the game three times and it is unbeliveable how we got scored on. First goal comes from a throw in close to middle field and saudi player collects the ball (There are five iranian player in the area but none decides to even challange him), saudi player turns with the ball, passes the ball and on the third touch after throw in a goal is scored. Kabei playing offside trap but Asgehri keeping saudi player even on the other side of the field. We just went to sleep on the throw in. The second goal is more painful becuase we lack putting a defender on the far post to kick the ball away easily and this is as we all know it ABC of football. Defenders on both post on corner kick. That was very painful.
Having reviewed the above nightmare , it does not justify our records in all our previous games begging for a draw in SA and UAE and defending our narrow lead against SK and SA which basically cost us an automatic qualification in a matter of 15 minutes . Here at this junction the relevance of Daie good or bad , fit for national helm or unfit is secondary and thirdly issues in my opinion. The major issue being overlooked is the ability of our players to understand their positioning in the field, their huge responsibility to a nation that looks upon them to represent the best they have to offer. We do have a huge generation gap that lacks experience in international matches as well as over ego in comparison with other nations players. Our players lack the very basic understanding of the game itself , how to dictate the game, how to control the mid field, how to kill off a game, how to have possession of a ball for more than two millisecond ??. Our problem is at the club level training ,fitness at the club level. Having said the above no one claims or dare to claim that Daie was a top rated coach at the helm but he provided a chance to younger generation and they miseably failed him and the nation.

footballdxb
03-31-2009, 12:52 AM
It is hard to believe the fashion we gave a winning game away in less than 10 minute. I have now watched the game three times and it is unbeliveable how we got scored on. First goal comes from a throw in close to middle field and saudi player collects the ball (There are five iranian player in the area but none decides to even challange him), saudi player turns with the ball, passes the ball and on the third touch after throw in a goal is scored. Kabei playing offside trap but Asgehri keeping saudi player even on the other side of the field. We just went to sleep on the throw in. The second goal is more painful becuase we lack putting a defender on the far post to kick the ball away easily and this is as we all know it ABC of football. Defenders on both post on corner kick. That was very painful.
Having reviewed the above nightmare , it does not justify our records in all our previous games begging for a draw in SA and UAE and defending our narrow lead against SK and SA which basically cost us an automatic qualification in a matter of 15 minutes . Here at this junction the relevance of Daie good or bad , fit for national helm or unfit is secondary and thirdly issues in my opinion. The major issue being overlooked is the ability of our players to understand their positioning in the field, their huge responsibility to a nation that looks upon them to represent the best they have to offer. We do have a huge generation gap that lacks experience in international matches as well as over ego in comparison with other nations players. Our players lack the very basic understanding of the game itself , how to dictate the game, how to control the mid field, how to kill off a game, how to have possession of a ball for more than two millisecond ??. Our problem is at the club level training ,fitness at the club level. Having said the above no one claims or dare to claim that Daie was a top rated coach at the helm but he provided a chance to younger generation and they miseably failed him and the nation.

RASTAFARI jaan, first of all happy new year and it is good to see you back in IK. I quite agree with you in your post (Especially the end of your post and your comments on Ali Daei).

I though think that our team played a quite competitive football till the time we scored the goal. For me, from that moment we started conceding ground to KSA by changing our attitude on the pitch. IMO, it is quite difficult to attach the lack of physical fitness to our shortcomings in our midfield and defense lines' battles approximately just after scoring the goal. For me, our players completely changed their attitude after scoring the goal (stopped playing a competitive match in their heads!) when the advantage was officially ours. Grass rolling, killing time and playing a neutral game between our midfield and defensive lines is not at all where our players excel in. With players like Nekounam and Mahdavikia (our Captain) in our midfield, we shouldn't have allowed such attitude taking over in our squad. Moreover, Ali Daei, observing such obvious change of attitude from our players, should have moved his .... from his bench and instructed our players to keep on playing their offensive game. Thing which surprisingly he completely failed to do in this game. Moreover, IMHO, players like Heidari, who performed quite well in the game aginst Kuwait and against Saudi teams with Esteghlal, was an obvious missing player in this game. Mokhlesam.
ftbldxb

HuseinBaharian
03-31-2009, 01:21 AM
Daei was simply outcoached by a man who had RMadrid experience in his resume. watch the game again...in this such a short time, he figured a solution for scoring against Iran which even Scolari didnt get it in WC2006: above and beyond Kabi and Mkia....he set two "taller" and "faster" players in random events against Kabi and Kia , watch the game again: 90% of the passes went to these two players and they both scrored from Kabi/Kia''s side..
They deserved the win...It will take us another 50 years to win a tactical game like that even against India!!!!

baba, hazrateh abbass va ema husein ke footbalist nistan be omideshoon beshinim komak konan...taazeh agar kaari ham azashoon bar biaad , baraa Iraq mikonan, na baraa ye most "majoos"

drsoccer
03-31-2009, 02:54 AM
Yah - The players make mistakes but Mr. Daei had major fundamental flaws with the way he ran and prepared the team for the match day.

As a head coach, he made a few mistakes:

1) He let his personal relationship with some key players get into his decision making for player selections
2) He became rich and arrogant and had a poor PR. He was always hostile toward the reporters and simply not likable.
3) He did not learn coaching thru experience by working for some great coaches like Mr. Ghoatbi did
4) I am a coach myself and I was never impressed with his strategies. Case and example:
When Iran was 1-0 ahead of KSA, he should have kept Rezaee to keep bothering the Saudi defenders. A fast player always makes the other coach nervous. He should have kept Khalatbari because he was becoming more effective in the 2nd half. He should have reinforced the mid-field by subbing Kazemi with Ma danchi who can practically play anywhere in the field. He is a fighter and hard working player. When we were 1-1, he started telling all players to cross the ball to Hashemian who was all alone on top of the circle outside the box with three young and fast defenders. What was he thinking - He is going to score with a header from there???

5) He stayed on bench for the whole game and only got up when Shojaee scored. When the game was tied, he did not add any value to the team by making some substitutions - He did nothing!!!

6) When the team was behind 2-1, as a head coach, he did nothing. Poor Iranian players kept crossing the ball to Hashemian 20 yards away from KSA's goal!!! He had not prepared the players to deal with the situation when they fall behind. He let the team waste time in last 7 minutes as if Iran was winning the match.

In summary, Mr. Daei was not ready to be the Head Coach. Mr. Ghoatbi is probably the best Iranian Coach if all the gang members at the top stay the f**ck out of his way. Give the man the job and let him run it the way he wants it.

Mr. Daei, You had your chances and blew it my friend. Now, go back to your family and take em for a ride in your S600 Mercedes and enjoy life - Thank God you 're done as a head coach.

shawnagha
03-31-2009, 03:03 AM
maybe daei is not @ fault for the loss, but he should have still been sacked. He simply cannot lead our team because he lack the professionalism. the other players might see him as one of their own. You want a coach that you look up to, and know that he can lead you in hard situations. Ali Daei was like a little kid! Let me give you an example: i don't know what game it was, but when iran hadn't won, he blamed it on the referee! as a coach, you can never EVER do that! it is not professional! you lose credibility and it kind of tells the players that they don't need to get any better. Ali Daei was the sort of coach that you'd like to have a beer with and hang out, not exactly some1 to look up to. i thought he was different because i thought he was a "mohandes", but after a few of his news conferences i was shocked as to how much of a "kid" he is... mentally.

highflyerreborn
03-31-2009, 07:36 PM
I just think this was NOT RIGHT

Think about it min 79... Daei is on top of world ...

His players have missed 4 chances to score , 2 breakaways , 1 shot from 5 meters away... but he made 1 sub Hashmian , and saudi defence got nervous , and 1-0 Iran

.... IF GAME ENDED THERE Daei would have been called a hero even if his players could not finish chances..... which is not his fault....

But Saudia scored , 1 goal which was 50-50 call offside .. and then second goal ???

How is that Daei's fault ??? That the players could not have composure ???
Or they could not score....

A coach can only teach you to position yourself in game , and tactics...

BUT IF YOUR PLAYERS DO NOT SCORE !!! HOW is that his fault

Daei was 100% correct saying his players let him down

This guy needed a sporting chance - but some ppl did not wanted him to even get the decency to redeem himself !! work hard 2 months and try to beat North Korea and South Korea !!

WHY ???

Oftadeh
04-01-2009, 12:24 PM
I just think this was NOT RIGHT

Think about it min 79... Daei is on top of world ...

His players have missed 4 chances to score , 2 breakaways , 1 shot from 5 meters away... but he made 1 sub Hashmian , and saudi defence got nervous , and 1-0 Iran

.... IF GAME ENDED THERE Daei would have been called a hero even if his players could not finish chances..... which is not his fault....

The critical issue is that the game does not always end when you are on top and as a coach you need to know how to defend your lead and bring the game to an end - victorious. Daei is simply too inexperienced and he should have rounded up his players better to manage the game. It's not just about missed chances and playing well for 70 minutes, it is also about having the right strategies to not break apart. He failed there misreably.

Foosball_Champ
04-01-2009, 05:44 PM
And...if u guys can't see it, then u are blind.

daadaash ghayb gofteeha? khob anybody who can't see has to be blind, no? :rotflmao:

Iran played a good game for the first 52 minutes, once sAUDI's woke up, they started playing good. Iran always goes to sleep right after they score, thinking that they have won the game. They keep forgetting that the soccer game is played 90+ minutes.

Iran is in deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sh****************t now. Chances of Iran qualifying for 2010 is 17.65%. You ask, How did I come up with that number? oh, I just divided 52.95 by 3. :)

yavar
04-01-2009, 10:36 PM
In my opinion,, Daie should have picked more players from Perspolise and Esteghlal,
if he would have done that,, atleast the fan would not do what they did,, besides, i would say we would have got a better result vs Saudi.

As far as getting rid of him,, that is true, he got sacked after one loose. and ususally that does not happen after one loose, but we did that to Amir Ghalenoie too, well ,, after all, welcome to Iranian football Federation