PDA

View Full Version : Rutemoller Appointed Iran's interim coach : "I do not know how long I will stay here.

persianboy1384
03-30-2009, 01:24 PM
According to German tabloid Bild.de, Erich Rutemoller, the celebrated German coach, has been appointed as interim coach of the Iranian national team.

Rutemoller replaces Ali Daei who was sacked after Iran's humiliating 1-2 loss in the World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia on Saturday in Tehran. Daei was dismissed by the Iranian Football Federation.

Iran has done very poorly during the World Cup qualifying games and is in the forth place in Group B with 6 points. Iran has had one win, three draws and a loss so far.

Erich Rutemoller, was appointed as an assistant coach to Ali Daei in Iran's national soccer team in December 2009. The former FC Koln and Hansa Rostock signed a one-year deal with the Iranian Football Federation.

In an interview with BILD.de, Rutemoller said that everything went very quickly here. He said that after the loss on Saturday against Saudi Arabia and when Ali Daei was released, he was was asked to do the job of the coach and that made sense too.

Rutemoller will be leading Iran for the first time during a friendly match against Senegal in Tehran on Wednesday.

BILD.de: How goes it with you in Iran then?

Rutemoller : "I do not know today how long I will stay here."

BILD.de: Specifically, please?

Rutemoller: "Ali Daei has brought me. Now he is no longer here. I can not yet say when my commitment ends. One reason is that I do not speak the language."

At present, Saudi Arabia is third in the five-team Group B with seven points from five games. North Korea leads the group with 10 points, followed by South Korea with eight after four games.

Iran is fourth with 6 points while the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is at the bottom of the group with just one point resulting from a draw against Iran's National Soccer Team in the UAE.

Iran, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and North Korea have all played five games so far.

Each team will altogether play eight games. The top two teams in Asian Groups A and B qualify directly to next year's World Cup in South Africa, while the third-place teams in the two groups to hold a playoff against each other for a spot in an intercontinental qualifier against the champion of Oceania seemed to be New Zealand.

Source: (http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/international/2009/03/30/bild-exklusiv-interview-erich-rutemoeller/ploetzlich-iran-trainer.html)

saravireeka
03-30-2009, 01:37 PM
According to German tabloid Bild.de, Erich Rutemoller, the celebrated German coach, has been appointed as interim coach of the Iranian national team.

Rutemoller replaces Ali Daei who was sacked after Iran's humiliating 1-2 loss in the World Cup qualifier against Saudi Arabia on Saturday in Tehran. Daei was dismissed by the Iranian Football Federation.

Iran has done very poorly during the World Cup qualifying games and is in the forth place in Group B with 6 points. Iran has had one win, three draws and a loss so far.

Erich Rutemoller, was appointed as an assistant coach to Ali Daei in Iran's national soccer team in December 2009. The former FC Koln and Hansa Rostock signed a one-year deal with the Iranian Football Federation.

In an interview with BILD.de, Rutemoller said that everything went very quickly here. He said that after the loss on Saturday against Saudi Arabia and when Ali Daei was released, he was was asked to do the job of the coach and that made sense too.

Rutemoller will be leading Iran for the first time during a friendly match against Senegal in Tehran on Wednesday.

BILD.de: How goes it with you in Iran then?

Rutemoller : "I do not know today how long I will stay here."

BILD.de: Specifically, please?

Rutemoller: "Ali Daei has brought me. Now he is no longer here. I can not yet say when my commitment ends. One reason is that I do not speak the language."

At present, Saudi Arabia is third in the five-team Group B with seven points from five games. North Korea leads the group with 10 points, followed by South Korea with eight after four games.

Iran is fourth with 6 points while the United Arab Emirates (UAE) is at the bottom of the group with just one point resulting from a draw against Iran's National Soccer Team in the UAE.

Iran, the UAE, Saudi Arabia and North Korea have all played five games so far.

Each team will altogether play eight games. The top two teams in Asian Groups A and B qualify directly to next year's World Cup in South Africa, while the third-place teams in the two groups to hold a playoff against each other for a spot in an intercontinental qualifier against the champion of Oceania seemed to be New Zealand.

Source: (http://www.bild.de/BILD/sport/fussball/international/2009/03/30/bild-exklusiv-interview-erich-rutemoeller/ploetzlich-iran-trainer.html)

This is old knews, he was appointed after sacking Daei but they will hve a coach soon.

Sherwin
03-30-2009, 05:14 PM
Poor guy is fighting an uphill battle because he has no time to work with the team. It's going to be a tough uphill battle for us just to make it to the WC but we still have a shot as going in as the #3. I'm confident that we woud beat the 3rd team of the other group and New Zeland.

bezashah
03-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Poor guy is fighting an uphill battle because he has no time to work with the team. It's going to be a tough uphill battle for us just to make it to the WC but we still have a shot as going in as the #3. I'm confident that we woud beat the 3rd team of the other group and New Zeland.

a win against north korea is possible
a win against uae is possible
a draw against south korea is possible

7pts+6pts=13pts and we got the 3rd spot

Keano
03-30-2009, 05:55 PM

And what if Saudis and N. Korea also achieve same results? with the exception of N. Korea's hypothetical loss to Iran!They'll clinch the 3rd spot! Am I wrong?

Farooq
03-30-2009, 11:59 PM
Can somebody please sticky the Iran - Senegal friendly time?

Fahd
03-31-2009, 05:20 AM
And what if Saudis and N. Korea also achieve same results? with the exception of N. Korea's hypothetical loss to Iran!They'll clinch the 3rd spot! Am I wrong?

13 points does not guarentee 3rd spot at all. It can make 3rd spot if other games go our way. 13 points would most likely go to for-and-against and head to head.

NK only need 1 win to make 13 points
KSA need only 2 wins (they have UAE left to play aswell)
SK need only 2 wins for 14 points (they also have UAE left to play)

With 13 points we need good wins to raise our for-and-against and scoring 2 goals or more in a match isnt our strength.

Keano
03-31-2009, 12:43 PM
In other words our best bet would be to hope for Saudi Arabia to steal the second spot from N. Korea, because in case of head to head results we may have the upper hand over N. Korea as opposed to KSA.

Sayyid
03-31-2009, 12:59 PM
yes, the worst results possible are:

KSA beats South Korea in Korea/North Korea beats KSA in Saudi Arabia! These are ofcourse bad results for us assuming KSA beats UAE and North Korea gets any point in tomorrow's matches!!

kalungamoto
03-31-2009, 02:20 PM
I wish Rutemoller and the Iranian team much success. I hope and pray that they win the remaining three matches for their sake and for the Iranian nation. In these difficult times for the Iranian people I always wish them the best, and also for all the TM fans. God Bless!!!!!!!!

Keano
03-31-2009, 02:35 PM
I wish Rutemoller and the Iranian team much success. I hope and pray that they win the remaining three matches for their sake and for the Iranian nation. In these difficult times for the Iranian people I always wish them the best, and also for all the TM fans. God Bless!!!!!!!!

Thank you dear. Just out of curiosity though, you don't seem to be Iranian, do you mind if I asked what nationality you are? :)

Sherwin
03-31-2009, 03:55 PM

All of those are all possible and I can see that happening. If we are in the 3rd spot I like our chances of qualifying to the world cup.