View Full Version : Should we Change TM Coach?

03-28-2009, 03:23 PM
So what's your take on this? Do you believe it's time to sack Daei? or should he volunteerily step down and resign?

I think it's the best for Mr. Daei to resign, if he doesn't then IFF shall step up and sack him!

BTW there's a typ in the Poll, it should read: No, He should remain as HC

03-28-2009, 03:31 PM
It is what it is and I've been saying this all along Ali Daei might be a nice guy and one of our most important football players, but he is a 2ND TIER COACH. It showed today that he was way in over his head and now we are most likely going to go the hard route play the 3rd place from the other group and play New Zeland. It's not Ali Daei's fault it's the IFF's fault for deciding to be cheapskates. If they actually paid a decent salary, perhaps they could of gotten a decent coach like the one Saudia Arabia had. I still think they weren't the better team they just had the better coach and it showed.

03-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Well daei can be blamed man -

His players let him down -

65 min team no fitness after min 65 !!! this is a long problem with iranian teams they can't run after min 65 !!! I don't know if it due to heavy diet for players or fitness but this is a same PROBLEM.....

YOUTH system :

Hazzazi (Youth player 2nd KSA game only)
Mohammad Nami (U25 player - first game with Saudi)
Al Samrani 20 goal league leader (23-24 Years)
SCORED 40 GOALS in 2 years was benched by old Coach

Autef + Ahmed (Autef brothers) who play together in same club every game
Two brother in MF ?? and they are both work horses.

The big defender he is from Ittihad club (He was also benched 1 year for scoring on hilal club 2 years ago)

Noor - Ittihad player MF ... was not allowed to play in National team unknown reason 2 years... ppl started saying it was due to racial issues - and finally the soccer bodies removed old coach and got the player into senior team and made him into captain

They had Sulemani in bench (most experienced player playing in swiss league)
they did not play him they played the fittest players in game

Daei made a sub - Iran went up 1-0 after that the fitness came issue - and

How can coach make difference ?? He has a german coach with him to improve player diet and fitness - really

Irani players just seem heavy on pitch SLOW - may be fitness

But I don't think Daei should be sacked !!! It was not his fault he put the best players in Iran in field

Saudi MF plays 1 touch - FAST FAST FAST style - you can't blame daei he did not expect the Saudi Federation to forgive all the banned players at once and have them play - half of these players did not even play a game for Saudi ....before in qualifiers since they were internally banned

03-28-2009, 04:25 PM
No, Lets Keep to the end !!! This series is over but atleast he can gain experience from these matches and who knows, turn into a better coach.

I say, keep him :) we love you Daie ..........

03-28-2009, 04:38 PM
No, Lets Keep to the end !!! This series is over but atleast he can gain experience from these matches and who knows, turn into a better coach.

I say, keep him :) we love you Daie ..........

i cant believe you... digusting!!!

03-28-2009, 06:24 PM
Okay, I love all of you and everything, but I have to say you all are acting just like Saudi Arabia. Lose one game and sack the coach.

We will not get any where like that. Sure Daie may need more experience and training, but he does have the heart and dedication. He really wants to do the best for TM and its fans.

The only issue I had today was playing with one forward, specially after we went down 2-1. The game is at home with 100000 fans, I would have been a little more brave and put 2 if not 3 up front. Playing with 5 or 6 midfielders didn't work. Fitness is another big problem. How can a national team with many professional players not be in shape???

Regardless, I think Daie is fine and we should give him the chance to finish. I do believe that he is working hard.
Sacking him will not help him or the TM at this late in the game.

03-28-2009, 06:28 PM
I cannot see any coach having success with the Iranian national team under the current environment. Especially since they dominated and micromanaged by IFF. I hope that Iran has better luck in the Championship league. That seems to be working better than the national team.

03-28-2009, 08:27 PM
i cant believe you... digusting!!!

Why ???? why is it disgusting !!!!

You are not going to make it to WC, it is ovvvverrr !!!! atleast let your coach gain some experience.

Who do you want as your coach ?? Why do you want to make a change ??

03-28-2009, 11:32 PM
Yes, he must be sacked right away. :IFF::daei2:

03-29-2009, 12:33 AM

03-29-2009, 12:54 AM
i do not beleive with some dear friends here that say to keep him as a coach since we have no chances anymore.

I would not give up yet,, with three more games left out of 5,

i would change the coach right now,,,,,,,with 3 months almost left to out next game,,we stiil have a chance with a real coach,,,,,, saudi did that just two weeks ago and paid off for them.

don't give up,, take the right action

03-29-2009, 01:35 AM
I know it's quite a hard task to win all 3 remaining matches of our WCQ, however to call it impossible is at best bizarre and at worst a little pessimistic. Almost the entire world predicted an easy win for us against the much weakened Suadi team which BTW missed 7-8 of their starters.

Once again I believe should we change the coaching staff and hire a world class coach (Very unlikely to see such generosity coming off IFF BTW), then we may have better chances of winning our next 3 games.

I also Believe Karimi's presence in the next 3 matches would be crucial and decisive, hopefully a fit and enthusiastic Karimi and a lethal Borhani along with a great right DM or defender like Khosro Heydari and the great architect Jabbari, all provided a fantastic shape!

Who knows, we may once again create another Epic just like 1997 against Australia!

03-29-2009, 03:03 AM
Remember, this is the Islamic Republic of Iran. So let's have Daei for 10 more years and give him the trainer of the year award.

If he ever gets sacked, that's because there is a better $$$ job waiting, like head of IFF, sports minister, emame jomehye Ardabil, ...

03-29-2009, 03:23 AM
I agree with both Yavar and keano jaan!! we still have a good chance to make it to the WC. Nothing is over for us, eventhough, this was a heart breaking loss. This is football, daie was right on one thing though, and that was the 2 late goals scored by the saudi's do happend and we need to move on to the next matches. (I think the grass rollings by our own players cost us this game..which is a dirty and sick practice. We had the momentum after our goal and we slowed down, diminished that momentum by these dirty tactics invented by the saudi's and their ilks).
back to the topic:
what we need to do is to sack daie, not because that's the solution but because it stops the bleeding and helps us move on and focus on our final 3 matches!