PDA

View Full Version : Iran v. Saudi Arabia

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 10:53 AM
20 mins played, 0-0

Going very slowly, neither side have much to say but probably mainly due to tension and caution.

Wouldn't be surprised if it ends 0-0.

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 10:57 AM
26'

Mahdavikia missed a dead certain one-on-one! Best chance of the game so far.

Iran must be careful of counter-attacks.

Observer
03-28-2009, 11:04 AM
26'

Mahdavikia missed a dead certain one-on-one! Best chance of the game so far.

Iran must be careful of counter-attacks.

Oftadeh jon, are you watching the game on Jam-e Jam 3? I can't get it in the internet- the screen is blank.

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 11:08 AM
Oftadeh jon, are you watching the game on Jam-e Jam 3? I can't get it in the internet- the screen is blank.

I am watching on Eurosport 2 in the UK.

SA just scored a goal but the Japanese referee called a foul. The commentators think it was a harsh decision.

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 11:11 AM
The game is being shown here:

http://www.justin.tv/sol123

SA is holding the upper hand now. The ref just favoured us again by not calling a certain penalty!

Iran's defence is in tatters right now.

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Half-time 0-0

Farooq
03-28-2009, 11:21 AM
Halftime 0-0.

Did anybody catch the formations and lineup?

Iran does not seem able to clear the ball even with numbers back. Big difference in speed between teams.

Farooq
03-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Why was that Saudi header disallowed? He didn't look offsides.

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
Iran was very luck to get away with what they did in first half. Another very shaky performance; let's see if they improve in the second half. In my opinion Saudi is playing better so far, and they will score if Iran continues on playing like this.

Observer
03-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I am watching on Eurosport 2 in the UK.

SA just scored a goal but the Japanese referee called a foul. The commentators think it was a harsh decision.

Thanks - just got into different link ( I believe it's FOX sports) and I'm watching it live. I saw the Saudi goal too- the goal looked good. Iran is not playing good at all. The commentator is blaming it on IFF for not having enough good friendly games for Team-e Meli. If Iran continues to play the same way ,I'm afraid we may lose the game. Let's hope for the best!.

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 11:30 AM
The game is live on FSC, Fox Soccer Channel.

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 11:46 AM
Iran scores!!! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! Nice gaol!!!!

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 11:49 AM
Indeed an excellent goal. There is still hope yet. I hope we don't sit back and defend now.

62'

1-0

Farooq
03-28-2009, 12:02 PM
Clear the ****ing ball. A 1-0 lead is nothing.

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 12:04 PM
73'

Iran 1 - SA 0

SA is mainly in possession and attacking. Iran is defending a little shakily. I would't say a SA goal is imminent but still a good possibility, just like the way Iran's came about.

Don't understand why Hashemian was subbed in. He hardly plays for his team in Germany. Madanchi would have been a much better choice.

Ahmadinejad is also in the stadium watching. :D

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 12:07 PM
79'

Saudi's score.

1-1

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 12:14 PM
Poor tactics; Iran does not have the experience to go into defensive shell on just one. They paid the price against S. Korea. Here they go again against Saudi.

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 12:15 PM
And now they are losing.

Jashar
03-28-2009, 12:21 PM
badbakht shodim raft!

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I'm sorry but Iran is not going to the world cup like this.

Sayyid
03-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Goodbye Mr. Daie, begone with you and your arrogance!!

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Thank you Daei, you are guineas coach.

Farooq
03-28-2009, 12:28 PM
Hashemian is truly horrible. He should have never been put into the game. I think it was his fault they scored the second goal. ***EDITED***
Let them qualify and loose 8-0 to Germany.

I blame the United States sanctions and the IFF for not getting enough friendlies to test the young players.

persianboy1384
03-28-2009, 12:30 PM
I cannot belive this, how hell did we lose in Tehran in front of 100,000, how can anyone justify this lost?

We have three games left, two away and one in Tehran.

dashali
03-28-2009, 12:30 PM
Hashemian is truly horrible. He should have never been put into the game. I think it was his fault they scored the second goal. Big black monkey ****s.

I blame the United States sanctions and the IFF for not getting enough friendlies to test the young players.

aziz...gooz che rabt dareh be shaghieghehhhhhhhh :love:
US sanction has nothing to do with it
Daei is the biggest problem not the friendly games
losing to a team like this....:jashr:

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Please stop the racist remarks. They played better and deserved to win. I surprised that the moderators allow such behavior on this forum.

Sayyid
03-28-2009, 12:31 PM
SA desreved to win this game anyways, like I've said before this team is Iran's worst football team since the 1993 team. Ali Daie reed b harchi zahmat keshideh bood b een mamlekat baa een ghororeh bijaash, but then he's not the only one to blame, IFF is to be blamed for picking him over other good and qualified coaches! But then again, since when has anyone in this "dolat" cared about it's people:(

persianboy1384
03-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Hashemian is truly horrible. He should have never been put into the game. I think it was his fault they scored the second goal. Big black monkey ****s.

We cannot get friendlies not because IFF does not want because other teams cancel the games due to the political reason. I don't think we should just blame Ali Daei, when they cannot have friendly games what does coach suppose to do?

Sayyid
03-28-2009, 12:33 PM
Please stop the racist remarks. They played better and deserved to win. I surprised that the moderators allow such behavior on this forum.

I honestly don't blame him, this is Iran's worst loss ever!! We have never lost to them saudis in Azadi!

Sayyid
03-28-2009, 12:34 PM
I cannot belive this, how hell did we lose in Tehran in front of 100,000, how can anyone justify this lost?

We have three games left, two away and one in Tehran.

crazy loss, perhaps Iran's worst loss ever!

IranSTH
03-28-2009, 12:34 PM
1:2 :cry::cry::down:

persianboy1384
03-28-2009, 12:35 PM
SA desreved to win this game anyways, like I've said before this team is Iran's worst football team since the 1993 team. Ali Daie reed b harchi zahmat keshideh bood b een mamlekat baa een ghororeh bijaash, but then he's not the only one to blame, IFF is to be blamed for picking him over other good and qualified coaches! But then again, since when has anyone in this "dolat" cared about it's people:(

Lets be honest with ourselves, do you really think first any foreign coach can survive dealing with Iran and Iranian government and second be sucessful when they cannot even have one good friendly game

espandyar

I blame the islamic republic occupying Iran..the sanction and mafia bazi within sports is all result of the regime!!!!!!!!
:wall::wall::wall:

Oftadeh
The simple fact is we do not deserve to go to the WC. In the past we only got there by the skin of our teeth too. SA deserve to go because they can come and turn a 1-0 score into 2-1 and get results.

Note we may not even finish 3rd in this group now to be able to have a chance to qualify as a final 5th team from Asia.

Sayyid
03-28-2009, 12:37 PM
I blame the islamic republic occupying Iran..the sanction and mafia bazi within sports is all result of the regime!!!!!!!!
:wall::wall::wall:

I 100% agree!

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Most countries provide opportunities for their citizens to excel and achieve great things. I know that we are not supposed to talk politics, but something needs to be said when our compatriots are living under such conditions. As long as I live I will always stand for freedom and human rights.

espandyar
03-28-2009, 12:49 PM
Most countries provide opportunities for their citizens to excel and achieve great things. I know that we are not supposed to talk politics, but something needs to be said when our compatriots are living under such conditions. As long as I live I will always stand for freedom and human rights.

These countires (normal countries) care for NATIONAL interest.....where and at what time and in what field has this occupying regime cared for Iranian national interest?

I hope that we all struggle for freedoma and human rights and the day Iranian national team is what we all deserve!!!!!!

Keano
03-28-2009, 12:49 PM
I am speechless, this team is just not going anywhere, as I mentioned a few days prior to this match our team lacks deft goal scorers and overall the entire team performs with no tactics and completely clueless. More importantly We lack a knowledgeable coach.

Losing against a crippled KSA team missing 3-4 of their main players in a Full Azadi stadium is indeed a huge shame. Over this past year we have witnessed over and over and over the incompetence of this coach and overall his team's poor performance. We have witnessed Daei's continuous bias and spiteful actions and of course his pathetic selections of players often ignoring some key players who could've been of great help in our offense line, how can you avoid Arash Borhani the top scorer of IPL by far? how can you deny Karimi's importance in a team which lacks a creative and play maker layers? Ashjari? you're kidding me? How can you just ignore a 100% fit and on shape KHosro Heydari? is Kaebi currently outperforming Heydari at the moment?

It has become a disgusting habit to score one goal, then immediately retreat and start playing anti-football and defending with 11 players, add to it the grass-rolling tactics which our team has lately resorted to! Can't remember when was the last time I watched a good performance of TM, I swear I have been praying in all TM games not to score until the dying minutes of the matches, because I knew as soon as we score, we will sit back and display a pathetic and incomplete defensive play!

I have watched TM games all my life, however honest to God this is by far the weakest and most defensive minded TM ever!

At this point I believe we shall kiss good bye the WC, with this team and this coach we cannot even clinch the 3rd spot!

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 12:53 PM
I agree totally with Keano, well said. I live in italy there are C1 teams that beat Iran. What a shame!!!!!

Jashar
03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
I donT even know why we all, including me, expect anything from this NT?!
In a country where everything is going in the wrong direction, why should our football be an exception?!?!

Ardavan
03-28-2009, 01:00 PM
why was Saudi's first goal disallowed? it seemed like a goal.

Keano
03-28-2009, 01:05 PM
why was Saudi's first goal disallowed? it seemed like a goal.

It was a clean goal and should have not been disallowed, the referee called it a foul on our Aghili. We got lucky right there!

kharmagas
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
Baba let's be happy we won't qualify and get ridiculed in world cup. This team would loose to any european team 0:10!

I found it also interesting that after Saudis 2nd goal nobody from Iran's bench even stood up to encourage and push our players. They were all sitting there calmly probably thinking about Abgooshte Shaam.. Well, they'd be standing up and shouting if Palestine or Libanon were playing...

Ardavan
03-28-2009, 01:07 PM
It was a clean goal and should have not been disallowed, the referee called it a foul on our Aghili. We got lucky right there!

yeah thought so and in order to make the WC we have to win all of our games now?

puldozer
03-28-2009, 01:12 PM
aghayooni ke ali daeio ghabool dashtin mobaraketoon basheh!

it is just sad because couple years ago whenever iran lost a game, i would be way sad, but since SOLTAN took over, i started to care less and less about my TM. and today it got to a point that I didnt give a damn about us losing, but at the same time this is the worst loss of iran (as long as i remmember). dont get me wrong I was the craziest TM fan, but sad to say I have zero pride left in me.

NOT MY TEAM MELLI.

Fahd
03-28-2009, 01:20 PM
Daei screwed WC 2006 and he is just finishing the job. Said it from the start and where are all the Daei apologists now?

Watching his old tapes of 10 goals against Cambodia i assume holding their you know whats.

kharmagas
03-28-2009, 01:21 PM
Puldozer Jan you're not the only one. We were all TM fans as it was still a symbol of Iran against Islamisation, but since it has been taken over by this regime, it has gone down the toilet too.

aghayooni ke ali daeio ghabool dashtin mobaraketoon basheh!

it is just sad because couple years ago whenever iran lost a game, i would be way sad, but since SOLTAN took over, i started to care less and less about my TM. and today it got to a point that I didnt give a damn about us losing, but at the same time this is the worst loss of iran (as long as i remmember). dont get me wrong I was the craziest TM fan, but sad to say I have zero pride left in me.

NOT MY TEAM MELLI.

espandyar
03-28-2009, 01:37 PM
Puldozer Jan you're not the only one. We were all TM fans as it was still a symbol of Iran against Islamisation, but since it has been taken over by this regime, it has gone down the toilet too.

hammon behtare narim wc, aberoomon to jahane varzesh ham miraft!!!

khamenei hayaa kon mamlekato rahaa kon
Ali daai hayaa kon teammelli ro rahaa kon

Farooq
03-28-2009, 02:30 PM
Most of the saudi players are black, while most of the people in saudi arabia are not. Is this a racist comment?

I can't believe we lost to them. They can't play worth shit either. Did you see that ugly, fat **** who was pushing nekounam around the whole time? Our team needs to train in koshtegeh, to learn how push them back and control the ball.

What about when they all got a in group and tried to take the ball from our player after scoring the second goal. Almost got into a fight with the whole team. Ugly jerks.

I won't watch every game in the next world cup, with or without TM, because it's going to be real be-classe little shindig down there.

Keano
03-28-2009, 02:33 PM
Most of the saudi players are black, while most of the people in saudi arabia are not. Is this a racist comment?

I can't believe we lost to them. They can't play worth shit either.

True, however calling them black monkeys is ignorance!

highflyerreborn
03-28-2009, 04:07 PM
True, however calling them black monkeys is ignorance!

Racism has no spot in our lives !!!! Lets me real I have black teammates - in my soccer team -

Now as for the game -

Guys Saudi choose a half decent time first time in the qualifiers
The players that play are the best players in their Division 1

Mohammad Noor (Player MF) for Ittihad club has been not allowed to play for Saudia for 2 years !!! Becasued he scored on Prince team , recently the Saudi Federation - erased all the biased rules in their league

This is why they got this coach - who reinstated the player Noor and also brought alot of Ittihad player into team !!

Also they had the Saudi Top Scorer Al Shamrani who was Benched before by the old saudi coach due to personal differences.

The saudi put all the difference aside and they put the BEST FITTEST player in game -

Mohammad Nami (Hilal player his first professional appearance for Saudi team) I saw this guy play in Hilal very good player - and I was suprised he got a chance in this game !!! But just goes to show

HOW DESPERATE and professionally the Saudi treated the game -

WIN AT AZADI !!! is not easy task !!!

But you know what they won -
They had better 1 touch soccer in MF , and they played FAST !!! and they had 3 goals scored ... vs 1 for Iran ....

Daei player well in my opinon he brought in extra striker ... Iran went up 1-0

That changed !!! IMPROVED Iran attack - and Iran scored....

What happened from min 65 .... to end of game is SAME OLD IRANIAN PROBLEM

FITNESS this is all what it is TIRED legs heavy bodies ... tired legs -

Anyways I think the qualification is still up for grabs ...

Wahani
03-28-2009, 06:19 PM
Why do we delude ourselves? Iran does not have snowballs of a chance to get through at all. They still have to play the both Koreas in away games. N. Korea played very well against UAE and won by two goals to zero. The next games will not be easy for Iran at all. They probably lose the two matches for sure if they play as they have been playing. Iran will be playing UAE in Azadi, we'll see how they do there. But for right now it is a horse race between the two Koreas and Saudi. Saudi played very well today and I knew from the get go that Iran was in trouble, despite the opening goal in the second half. Iran's game was to predictable and the writing was on the wall. Daei is training himself as a coach at the expense of the Iran and the national team. You would think that by know a knowledgeable person with an iota of vision would have implement their lessons leaned by now. But no, he is repeating the same mistakes over and over again. He does not have a clue as a coach. I'm sorry but this my opinion. I cannot see Iran getting out of this group. I also cannot see Iran having any success in the Asian Cup either.

Sayyid
03-28-2009, 07:27 PM
we still have a chance to qualify. we should beat both UAE and NK and tie South Korea and advance 3rd, or maybe even 2nd.
Now, if we don't make it, fine! lets be honest we don't have star players any more. Star players and not team work helped has helped us in the past and can help us again. unless something amazing happens in this football culture of ours, things would remain the same!

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 07:32 PM
Guys I found this article on presstv.com. Checkout the irresponsible arrogance of Daei; tell me if this is the way ahead coach talks:

Daei: I didn't lose, Iran did
Sat, 28 Mar 2009 22:41:52 GMT

Iran's national soccer team manager, Ali Daei
Iran manager Ali Daei says he is not going to resign from his position despite the Iranian squad's poor performance in Word Cup qualifiers.

"I will not leave my job as Iran boss. Iranian football officials cannot fire me. They were not the ones who offered me the job. Accordingly, they cannot ask for my departure," he told reporters after the Saturday match between Iran and Saudi Arabia, which resulted in a humiliating defeat for the Iranian outfits.

Much to the public dismay, the former Iranian soccer player evaded accountability for the 2-1 home defeat in Iran's fifth World Cup qualifier. "It was not Ali Daei who was defeated today; it was Iran's national football team which was [defeated]."

This is while Daei had claimed on Friday that the Iranian national team would beat the Saudi squad in the crucial 2010 World Cup qualifier. Boasting that 100,000 fans would attend the match at the cost of Saudi players' morale, Daei had assured that the Saudis would leave Tehran's Azadi Stadium empty-handed.

Asked about the absence of Ali Karimi, the Asian Player of the Year in 2004, Daei described him as an 'unfit player'.

"Karimi was in no shape to shine at Persepolis match against Saudi Arabia's al-Shabaab earlier this month. I talked to Persepolis manager and I found out that he had not attended training sessions for 25 days," the Iran football boss mentioned.

A photo provided by Pesepolis official website depicts Ali Karimi training on March 28.
His comments come while pictures of Perspepolis training session taken on the same day reveal that Karimi was present and training with the rest of the players.

When a reporter asked Daei to elaborate on his player's tactical errors, the manager said that "the players should learn these things since they are 12. I cannot possibly go on the pitch and individually remind them of their mistakes," ISNA reported.

Osasuna midfielder Masoud Shojaei scored the opener for Iran in the 59th minute, striking powerfully from the edge of the area, and at that stage they looked good value for their win.

However, in the closing stages, Saudi Arabia turned the match on its head to stun 100,000 Iranian fans at Tehran's Azadi Stadium. Naif Hazizi leveled the scores at 1-1 ten minutes from time, before defender Osama al-Harbi handed his nation a thrilling 2-1 victory with four minutes remaining in the game end.

Saudi Arabia ha now moved to third place in Asian Qualifying Group A, within striking distance of the top two positions.

South Korea, which is in second place with eight points out of four matches, will host first-placed North Korea on Wednesday. Iran is fourth with six points out of five matches.

khazakov
03-28-2009, 07:39 PM
If Iran beats UAE, N. Korea, S. Korea and gets to the world cup and beats every team in that tournament then they will become world champion. I think I'm going pull out my best Afghani smokes for this one. Perhaps I can become Russia's president tomorrow.

Ahmad18s
03-28-2009, 07:43 PM
This game really hurt. If Iran would have kept it at 1-0 without choking, TM would be in second place with 9 points and an easy chance to take the tope spot from North Korea in June. Sad to say, but Iran literally has to win the last three games on the schedule: at North Korea, home vs UAE, and to finish things off, at S. Korea. Maybe we can get by with wins against N. Korea and UAE with S. Korea tie and get third place and hope SA loses a game.

Either way, it's mandatory that Iran wins, at the very least, two games and one tie. This isn't the time to bail on Iran because they suffered a humiliating loss. Futbol players are human too and have bad days so just chill out. Rather than being pesimistic, lets get ready for North Korea on June 6th.

:irani:

highflyerreborn
03-28-2009, 07:45 PM
If Iran beats UAE, N. Korea, S. Korea and gets to the world cup and beats every team in that tournament then they will become world champion. I think I'm going pull out my best Afghani smokes for this one. Perhaps I can become Russia's president tomorrow.

Not one of the best times for a joke

But I think Iran can beat North Korea , because North Korea plays a 11 defence system - only they play counter -

What iran has is tall players and Iran has better crossing then other western asian teams so likely I can see Iran scoring some goals from Headers also Iranain players can shot from out side 18 meter box.

Realistically North Koreans have no chance vs Iran !!!
UAE almost all iranian player have played in UAE at some point
and Iran always owned UAE traditionally

The only tricky game vs South Koreas

BUT YOU ARE ALL FORGETING IRAN IS SOUTH KOREA'S KRIPTONITE

There is no Team in Asia that BOTHERS Koreas unlike Iranian Team because its POWER VS POWER Game - and Iranain just out power Koreans

swenguzzi
03-28-2009, 07:57 PM
"Not one of the best times for a joke."

highflyerreborn, do you really expect anything to change. I have watched the other matches under Daei's reigns, much of the same. Khazakov has a sarcastic point, under the current status pigs will fly first.

Oftadeh
03-28-2009, 09:27 PM
we still have a chance to qualify. we should beat both UAE and NK and tie South Korea and advance 3rd, or maybe even 2nd.
Now, if we don't make it, fine! lets be honest we don't have star players any more. Star players and not team work helped has helped us in the past and can help us again. unless something amazing happens in this football culture of ours, things would remain the same!

Well done for your optimism, but "I that my eye doesn't eat water".

2010 is WC for Iran, as in Toilet not World Cup.

When Daei was chosen as coach I was rather undecided as to it being a good decision or not (whether it was band bazi or not), but now I am convinced it was a dumb decision. It's time we get in a really decent coach just in case your optimism could be made into a reality through the next three games.

By the way Iran will lose to SK, draw with NK, and win against UAE. Is that going to even get us 3rd place?

Sayyid
03-29-2009, 01:11 AM
Well done for your optimism, but "I that my eye doesn't eat water".

2010 is WC for Iran, as in Toilet not World Cup.

When Daei was chosen as coach I was rather undecided as to it being a good decision or not (whether it was band bazi or not), but now I am convinced it was a dumb decision. It's time we get in a really decent coach just in case your optimism could be made into a reality through the next three games.

By the way Iran will lose to SK, draw with NK, and win against UAE. Is that going to even get us 3rd place?

I have your exact feelings bro, eventhough, I have always been a Ali Daie supporter, I can no longer support him, nor the IFF for their childish descision to choose him over few other very qualified coaches.
I think we can still qualify with 10 points (ON PAPER), but that's if the saudi's lose one and tie 2 games with us scoring more than 2 goals against UAE!! But in reality we need 7 points from the remaining 3 matches to qualify 2nd or in the 3rd spot!! So it's not the end of the world yet!
But make no doubt we are still in a good position to qualify, but first thing is first, what we need to do at this time is to pick another coach since we don't need all this drama surrounding team melli's camp!
Daie has been a failure, because of his childish and UNPROFESSIONAL personality!! Begone with him!

footballdxb
03-29-2009, 04:21 AM
Iranians are emotional people. Even though it is a great quality within others for turning some desperate situations to glorious moments, we must admit that we do not know how to put a limit to our emotions for getting the best results.

The Match:

Personally, I do not think we played bad. After all, at half-time, the score was 0-0 and we managed to create a lot of pressure on KSA goal with few usual scares created by their side. We scored during the second-half of the match on a beautiful team work and individual finishing by one of our most talented players. It was a magical moment. We were on the top of the world… as usual our players thought that no one could change such advantage at home…. wrongly!

Amazingly, and alike many other occasions, it all started going wrong for us, when we scored the goal. Our boys thought the game was wrapped and KSA would never have the mental power to kick back. Instead of getting advantage of the momentum and the excitement of 100,000 supporters for confirming the result, our players started to calm the game down and to play the wrongest possible game at home against the masters of psychological games… We amazingly completely changed the face of our game by passing the ball in our half (back passes) without any effort or moves for creating openings and attack our opponents. Do you remember the S. Korean coach’s gestures when Iran scored a goal against them in Azadi? CALM DOWN… SLOW DOWN…

Our players did not realize it, nor did our Coaching team apparently. We were taking the pressure off the KSA defensive lines and were giving them the chance to attack us… We intentinally relaxed an intensive and competitive game which was going in our favor all the way … we committed suicide ... successfully.

Players/Team:

I do not think it is fair to criticize our players only on the basis of the final result. I thought we played well in general and in some moments we managed to play a fantastic football. However it is obvious that our weaknesses have remained the same and ended up quite costly to our team.

Our defensive positioning on crosses coming from sides is very poor. That is really a shame, because the attacking plan for scoring goals becomes very simple for our opponents!

We also lack the presence of a pure striker capable of not only pressing the adversary team’s defense but also to score goals. For now, we have a hard working attacking line which allows other players from midfield or defense to score goals “occasionally”. That is definitely not how we will be consistent in our attacking game.

Personally, I want to say how pleased I was to see Mehdi Mahdavikia performing well again for our team. On the other side, Khalatbari was simply amazing.

Coaching:

I first have to praise coaching team’s work in building up slowly by slowly a new team with some reliable players. In some moments, we definitely start playing some good football with some new players however the work done is certainly not enough at all for granting our coaching team a comfortable position! As mentioned before our weak points are too obvious for our adversary teams and wins cannot come if we keep on playing with the same weaknesses. If our team has problems in scoring goals, if our team has real weakness in one of key aspects of defending and if we cannot manage and conserve our psychological advantage when scoring the first goal of the match, all we can hope for, in the best of scenarios, is to draw with our opponents... and that, regardless our willingness to influence the match!

In our last 2 games, the same scenario was repeated, even though the results were different due to our opponents’ plans and state of minds. S. Korea came to get the draw and successfully got it. Later on, KSA came to win the impossible match and won it!

In regard to the subs, I have to express my disappointment in seeing how Ali Daei degraded in his subbing choices in the past 2 games. Mahdavikia was fantastic but he should have been subbed within the last 20 minutes of the match and replaced with a fresher player. Hashemian's selection remains a big mistery for me. He definitely is a hard working player but he has lost his scroring edge.

Future of TM:

Can our coaching team find a real and immediate solution to our problems in our upcoming matches? Well, if our chances to qualify for the WC 2010 were over, I would not even have asked the question! I would have agreed with many and also asked the coaching team to resign. The situation is not rosy anymore but we still have chances to qualify for WC in our upcoming matches. That is the reason why, I would opt for the conditions to be imposed on coaching team failing to which they will see their tenure ceased immediately. It means that Mr. Ali Daei and his coaching team will be sacked as soon as TM drops a single point in one of our next matches!

For now, unfortunately, Mr. Ali Daei can justify his failure with valid excuses created by the hostile attitude of media, some players and fans. He can easily avoid talking about his or our team’s real weaknesses and instead of focusing on important matters, he can simply play the victim role... and honestly, he is right! How could someone fully concentrate on his work when his concerns are focused on how his acts are judged by media and TM Fans? Realistically, most of fans and media predicted Iran to lose in Tehran. The level of optimism supporting TM was very low but why should we, TM fans, become the source of such excuses for an underperforming coaching team?

Ali Daei could think he can manage everything alone but the fact is that if Iranian football is not united, we will be defeated even before the start of our next match without knowing who was the real responsible for our defeats.

Go Iran Go TM

Bache Jordan
03-29-2009, 08:38 AM
My view:

1. This was Iran's best game under Ali Daie, ironically he lost.
But bare in mind this is the weakest Saudi team in 15 years and they were missing for key players.

The game was held in Azadi shortly after new year with over 100,000 of fans attending.

A Saudi goal and a penalty where disallowed!

2. I had gone to the Iran South Korea game a month ago and had like always promised to not go to Azadi again.
You wont feel the stadium has been renovated.

I have not been to any stadium anwhere where buying tickets and leaving the stadium are organised so poorly.

There is no entertainment at all.

The security forces are extremely violent.

Fans are not organised to sing songs and people constantly ask others to sit rather than ask them to support TM.

3. TM showed a lack of will power yesterday. I did not see any fighting spirit towards the end.

4. The fans are as much responsible. People leave Azadi halfway through the game, they stop supporting TM after conceded goals...

I know the facilities are so crap that people arrive late (in the South Korea game the stadium reached it's max attendance inn minute 60!) or leave early to be able to get home.

CONCLUSION
In general we have made NO progress since 98 and that is the real shame.
PG League is in now way professional.
90 programme is in no way professional (despite the ahrd work of Adel Ferdosipour).
For god sake we are in a country where the stadium noise is truned down in TV and the games even in Azadi are shown with a delay!
The camraman seem to have no clue.
The fans can't sing proper football songs.

We need a full sacking of IFF and a rebranding of TM and the league by professional business people.

TM shoudl even change it's shirt colours to something unique and rebrand.

Daie has been fortunately sacked but will it make any difference, I honestly doubt it.

Wahani
03-30-2009, 12:51 PM
I watched all the matches Iran played. They played the matches like a scrimmage/friendly/training match. This is because Daei did not have a clue. Let's accept this fact, switching players from match to match, and switching formations for each match. I'm all for, and fully support having Iranian coaches, but there needs to be a plan to properly develop them. He was totally the wrong choice. I knew Iran was in trouble from the get go against Saudi. Despite the goal in the second half, I knew it would not last. The style of play under Daei was too predictable. If they don't get their acts together for the next three matches, they will be out. End of story!!!!!

espandyar
03-31-2009, 05:32 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5aumgLlZ7iE/SdEdLTA1v5I/AAAAAAAAAlw/ctbY_MNfqB4/s320/ali_dayi.jpg

'The president turned up at the stadium 30 minutes after the game had started. Loud speakers announced his entry and welcomed him, but the 100,000 crowd remained silent as if they were in a shock.

Another attempt to get the crowds on their feet was made at half time. While the players were in the changing rooms, the loud speaker at the stadium twice asked the crowds, to hoist and wave the flags and cheer loudly for the national team in the presence of 'our beloved president'. Again no reaction! The crowds remained silent. Prior to Ahmadinejad turning up, the crowd were ecstatic in their support of the national team. It was obvious that the request by the loud speaker was a naive attempt at soliciting the crowd's support for Ahmadinejad but they were not falling for it.

Wahani
03-31-2009, 12:57 PM
Auuuuh poor baby, I guess nobody likes shorty.